Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Insert a line grepping a file Post 302398142 by abubacker on Wednesday 24th of February 2010 01:11:23 AM
Old 02-24-2010
Tough to achieve using a one liner , hope this is the simplest way.
Code:
use strict;
use warnings;
use Data::Dumper ;

my @a = `cat f1.txt`;
my @b = `cat f2.txt`;
splice @b , 2, 0 ,@a ;
print @b ;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Insert a line as the first line into a very huge file

Hello, I need to insert a line (like a header) as the first line of a very huge file (about 3 ml rows). I am able to do it with sed, but redirecting the output and creating a new file takes quite some time. I was wondering if there was a more efficient way of doing it? Any help would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriek
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert a line in a file

Hello guys, Need to know how to insert a line at top of the file, without using temp files. Can we do it on the fly? Regards, Rishi (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RishiPahuja
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert line into file

Hi, My File 'temp.txt' contents are like this. <Managers> Mng={{FIL|FAVEI.mng|111}|15.000000|17.000000|17.000000| Mng={{FIL|FAPSV.mng|222}|3.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000| Mng={{FIL|FAVIF.mng|333}|8.000000|8.000000|8.000000|8.000000|... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinay123
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help with insert line into file

hi..i wanted to know is there any way to take input from the user and copy that a particular line number in a particular file for eg . i wanted to create acl in squid at line number 2400 in squid.conf file so the user gives an input like acl inetblock src 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0 so is there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarunicon
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: Grepping/sedding/etc out part of a file... (from one word to 'blank' line)

I have a file that lists data about a system. It has a part that can look like: the errors I'm looking for with other errors: Alerts Password Incorrect Login Error Another Error Another Error 2 Other Info or, just the errors I need to parse for: Alerts Password Incorrect ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: elinenbe
9 Replies

6. Programming

insert line into a file

how to insert a line of text that is next to the current line(file pointer pointing to) in the file ?? :wall: ex: suppose a file named 'Sample' has the following content in it. this is to give clear idea about the problem if file pointer is pointing to the first line then i want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavitha rao
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a new line before every 5th line in a file

Hi, I need to insert a new line containing the string "QUERY" above every 5 lines. The below piece of code inserts a new line after every 5th line awk '{print $0} !(NR%5) {print "QUERY"}' sed 'n;n;n;n;G;' --> I do not know how to give "QUERY" string here But I need to insert it before... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a line in a file by deleting that line from another file

Hi all, I have a huge file(size more that 5GB). I want to do some manupulation with the records and write to another file. As the size of the file is huge and there is a space constraint in that directory, I want to delete that record from first file after writing it in to second file.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gani_85
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a text file line by line and insert into a database table?

I have a test file that I want to read and insert only certain lines into the the table based on a filter. 1. Rread the log file 12 Hours back Getdate() -12 Hours 2. Extract the following information on for lines that say "DUMP is complete" A. Date B. Database Name C.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JolietJake
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Insert a line of text on nth line of a file

Hi All, I am using UNix Sun OS sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise My intention is to insert a line of text after 13th line of every file inside a particular directory. While trying to do it for a single file , i am using sed sed '3 i this is the 4th line' filename sed: command garbled: 3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotamp
5 Replies
XZDIFF(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZDIFF(1)

NAME
xzcmp, xzdiff, lzcmp, lzdiff - compare compressed files SYNOPSIS
xzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] xzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] lzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] lzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] DESCRIPTION
xzcmp and xdiff invoke cmp(1) or diff(1) on files compressed with xz(1), lzma(1), gzip(1), or bzip2(1). All options specified are passed directly to cmp or diff. If only one file is specified, then the files compared are file1 (which must have a suffix of a supported com- pression format) and file1 from which the compression format suffix has been stripped. If two files are specified, then they are uncom- pressed if necessary and fed to cmp(1) or diff(1). The exit status from cmp or diff is preserved. The names lzcmp and lzdiff are provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), xz(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), zdiff(1) BUGS
Messages from the cmp(1) or diff(1) programs refer to temporary filenames instead of those specified. Tukaani 2009-07-05 XZDIFF(1)