Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sun v240 performance
Operating Systems Solaris sun v240 performance Post 302398120 by rajasekg on Wednesday 24th of February 2010 12:37:26 AM
Old 02-24-2010
MySQL sun v240 performance

Hi,

we are having one sun v240 server, now this server is performing very slow,
checked using top, iostat and vmstat commands, output is looking normal, but the performance is very slow and generating more traffic in network,
how can we resolve this.

Regards
RJS

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Enhance Sun Solaris 10 performance ?

Guys where can i find values to add in /etc/system to make sun solaris 10 working better ? im sure there is alot of values but i dont know from where i can find them if you know any please send direct and if you know another sites send links to it, thanks so much. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help: Sun Disk partitioning for Sun V240 & StorEdge 3300

Dear Sun gurus, I have Sun Fire V240 server with its StorEdge 3300 disk-array. Following are its disks appeared in format command. I have prepared its partitions thru format and metainit & metattach (may be i have made wrong steps, causing the errors below because I have done thru some document... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafeeq
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun T1000 application low performance

Hello All. I have Sun T1000 server with Solaris 10. On T1000 installed EMC smarts, application for monitoring network devices via SNMP + SNMP. So, Smarts has own DB (contains object - devices and relationships), file takes 30 mb, now, all queries to DB works very slow, so Smarts works too slow,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemulll
5 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Poor read performance on sun storedge a1000

Hello, i have a a1000 connected to an e6500. There's a raid 10 (12 disks) on the a1000. If i do a dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/1 bs=1024k count=1000 and then look at iostat it tells me there's a kw/s of 25000. But if i do a dd of=/dev/zero if=/mnt/1 bs=1024k count=1000 then i see only a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mbrenner
1 Replies

5. Solaris

BIOS Serial Number on Sun Fire V240

Hi, I want to know if there is a command available for obtaining the BIOS Serial Number on a Sun Fire V240 machine? Or is it a known issue that it cannot be obtained through any command? Thanks, Vineet (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineetd
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Alom Sun V240

hallo anybody know how to set alom mail alerty server with yahoomail ? thank u?where i can find mail server address for yahoomail?thank (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanto85
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Fire V240 server Fan replacement

I have a sun fire v240 server. The output of prtdiag -v shows a failed fan. There are 3 fans for cooling system board. There is 1 fan for each of the powersupply (There are 2 powersupplies) From the below output how do i know which fan is bad and whats its location... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun V240 Raid Question

Hi All, I'm new to this site. I have a few question since I'm in the process how to to repair my raid on Sun V240 Server. 1. How can we create RAID in Sun Sparc v240? 2. What utility can help people create RAID in Sun Sparc v240? 3. Do we need any special software to create the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: angkor
12 Replies

9. Solaris

Sun T1000 performance

Hi If you had a choice of processor for a general purpose web server, either: A. T1, 8-core. (in a T1000, 8GB, 72GB SAS x 2) or B. Dual 1.6GHZ USIIIi (in a Sun Blade 2500 Silver Workstation, 4GB, 146GB SCSI) Would A be significantly better than B? Even on single-threaded tasks? I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: edik
0 Replies
answerbook2(1)							   User Commands						    answerbook2(1)

NAME
answerbook2 - online documentation system SYNOPSIS
/usr/dt/bin/answerbook2 [-h] DESCRIPTION
The AnswerBook2 server product is no longer included with Solaris or the Solaris Documentation CD products. Solaris docmentation is now provided in HTML and PDF format on the Documentation CD and does not require the AnswerBook2 server to be viewed. The answerbook2 utility opens the default web browser and displays an HTML page that shows a link to locally installed documentation, and, if the AnswerBook2 server has been defined, a link to AnswerBook2 collections. To define a default AnswerBook2 server, use the environment variable, AB2_DEFAULTSERVER. This functionality is also accessible through the AnswerBook2 option on the CDE front panel Help menu. If you need an AnswerBook2 server, you can download the AnswerBook2 server software from http://www.sun.com. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -h Displays a usage statement. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
AB2_DEFAULTSERVER Fully-qualified URL that identifies the default AnswerBook2 server to use. For example: http://imaserver.eng.sun.com:8888/ ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |http://www.sun.com | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) NOTES
Use the online Help system to find out more about the AnswerBook2 product, once the web browser is opened and the AnswerBook2 library can be viewed. SunOS 5.10 29 Nov 2001 answerbook2(1)