Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Step by step to replace Failed disk Post 302397914 by pludi on Tuesday 23rd of February 2010 09:27:37 AM
Old 02-23-2010
Double post, continued here. Thread closed.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

install of sco unix step by step

HI I am new to unix and need to install sco unix on a new server - could anybody help me with the steps I need to take - the hd is a 9gb scsi drive (pretty old machine) Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: porikamu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Step by step Installation of Unix SCO 2.1

I am new to unix and server at my job crashed due to hardware problem. I'm now opted to install sco unix on a new server - could anybody help me with the steps I need to take (pretty old machine) Thanks & Regards Nancy :( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nensee7
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

works step by step on command line but not in script

Hi all, The following script is fine when I work via command line m=1 c=0 while do echo $m gnokii --getsms IN $m > out.txt; m=`expr $m + 1`; cat out.txt >> message_log; ############ read first crap< <(sed -n '/Text:/{n;p;}' out.txt); read message< <(sed -n '/Text:/{n;p;}'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whamchaxed
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

looking for step by step emacs c++ debug tutorial

Hello all i was searching the net for simple but effective tutorial to show me how debug c++ in emacs with not much luck. im not new to unix but new to emacs , i looking for tutorial that shows how to debug ( if possible ) c++ programs . LIike IDE suppose to , break points step in/out variable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

5. Linux

May you explain step by step where and how I will add pseudo code

Thank all of you. May you explain step by step where and how I will add pseudo code Note : I have Linux 2.6.24-26-server on x86_64 dears kindly help me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nonowa
3 Replies

6. Solaris

step step apache2 configuration doc

Hi Guys, does anyone know of a step by step guide on how configure apache2 web server in solaris 10? I will really appreciate it. Thanks a lot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Slowly Removing Bold Font Style - Step-by-Step

FYI, I'm slowly removing a lot of the bold font-styles from titles of discussions, forum titles, etc I'm not removing bold for the entire site because we do need bold from time to time, especially in posts and sometimes in other places. However, the original forum style had way too much... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
volrootmir(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     volrootmir(8)

NAME
volrootmir - Mirror areas necessary for booting to a new disk SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/volrootmir [-a] [nconfig=count] target_disk [swap=target_partition] OPTIONS
Specifies that all volumes on the system disk be mirrored, not just the root and swap volumes, rootvol and swapvol. DESCRIPTION
The volrootmir script causes a mirror copy of areas of the root disk involved in booting to be made on the specified target disk. When used without the -a option, volrootmir adds mirrors of the root and swap volumes and allocates them on the new disk. In addition, all disk regions required for booting are set up and partitions for the new volume mirrors are created. When used with the -a option, volrootmir mirrors all in-use partitions on the system disk. To mirror a swap volume that is on a separate disk from the root volume, the swap attribute must be used to specify a separate target for the swap mirror. The target disk(s) must be at least as large as the sum of the sizes of rootvol and swapvol. Also, the physical disk should not have any disk partition in use. This script can be called from the voldiskadm menus by choosing the Mirror volumes on a disk operation. ATTRIBUTES
Specifies the number of log copies and copies of the configuration database, for example, nconfig=2. Specifies that the swap volume, swapvol, be mirrored on a separate disk, as specified by target_partition. EXAMPLES
The following command mirrors the rootvol and swapvol volumes onto the target disk, dsk3. This command will fail if swapvol is on a differ- ent disk from rootvol. # volrootmir dsk3 The following command mirrors rootvol, swapvol, and any other volumes on the root disk onto the target disk, dsk3. This command will fail if swapvol is on a different disk from rootvol. # volrootmir -a dsk3 The following command mirrors rootvol on disk dsk3, swapvol onto partition dsk7d, and any other volumes on the root disk onto disk dsk3. This command will fail if swapvol is on the same disk as rootvol. # volrootmir -a dsk3 swap=dsk7d The following command mirrors rootvol onto disk dsk3 and swapvol onto partition dsk7d. This command will fail if swapvol is on the same disk as rootvol. # volrootmir dsk3 swap=dsk7d SEE ALSO
volintro(8), voldiskadm(8) volrootmir(8)