Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script - paralllel reading problem Post 302397847 by Gopal_Engg on Tuesday 23rd of February 2010 06:57:58 AM
Old 02-23-2010
Shell script - paralllel reading problem

I have a shell script which has awk utlilty,also,in it. This a single script that many other jobs (informatica) using. Each job ll generate a log file. This script will read the particular log file and need to give output. The log file is act as input file for the script. So , a single script used to read many log files, if we run the jobs parallel.

When i run all the jobs parallel, for few jobs ,the script works fine and give output propely. But for 4 to 8 jobs (out of 80 jobs) alone the script not at all reading the log file.

Can you please help me on this. Why the script behaves in this manner ? What should I do, so that the script will work fine , even in the parallel job run. ?

thank you
Gops

Last edited by Scott; 02-23-2010 at 08:06 AM.. Reason: Formatting

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a table in a shell script

Dear all: I want to write a script capable of reading specific rows and collumns of a table, into a variable. Just imagine i have a file named table.dat which contains: GENERAL INFORMATION Col 1 Col2 Col3 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 What i want to do... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: luiscarvalheiro
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script -- problem reading backslash(\)!!

Hello! I am writing a program that reads a bunch of arguments from the command line,then read information from a file(passed as one of the arguments) and do some computation. The problem I am facing is when a backslash(\) is present as one of the arguments, suppose $ myprog \ abc xyz,the backslash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rossi143
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

file reading through shell script

For reading a file through shell script I am using yhe code : while read line do echo $line done<data.txt It reads all the line of that file data.txt. Content of data.txt looks like: code=y sql=y total no of sql files=4 a.sql b.sql c.sql d.sql cpp=n c=y total no of c files=1 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File reading problem via shell script

Hi, Data file named parameter contains : DB=y Alter_def.sql Create_abc.sql SQL=y database.sql my_data.sql To read this file I use var_sql=$(awk -F= '$1 == "SQL" { print $2 }' parameter.txt) if then sql_f_name=`grep "\.sql" parameter.txt` echo $sql_f_name fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading from stdin in a shell script

Hello, I've managed to get my .procmailrc file to work. At least it triggers a script which creates a file. But the file is empty. How do I get at the data that's been piped? I've done much creative googling to no avail. I belive it should be in stdin, but I can't figure out how to access... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmesford
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading from Keyboard - Shell Script

How do i read from kb using shell script but i need to read it from same line. Script :- echo "Please Enter Your Choice " read CHOICE But it goes to next line i need it to read it next to Choice and not new line. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading the Properties File From Shell script

Hi, I am new to the shell script please I need help for following question. I have properties file name called "com.test.properties" I have No of key values in this properties. com.person.name = xyz com.person.age = 55 com.person.address = hello I want read this properties but i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venukjs
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SH] Problem reading input in script

Alright, so the goal of my script is to read text from standard input and store it into a file using the ex-editor: so far i've got this, but it doesn't work. #!/bin/s read text ex $1 >> HERE text HERE I don't get any errors either, so i don't know what i'm doing wrong. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bertieboy7
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while reading from a file in shell script

Hi All, I'm writing a script to read a file line by line and then perform awk function on it. I am getting an error . My file has one name in it "James". I'm expecting my o/p to be youareJamesbond James ./users.sh: line 7: =: command not found #script to read file line by line #adding... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in reading variable in shell script

Hello all, I have small script: # SCRIPT COMMONFILEPATH=$WORKDIR/samples/... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
4 Replies
rdeliver(1)						      General Commands Manual						       rdeliver(1)

NAME
rdeliver - Ruby mail filter script SYNOPSYS
rdeliver <options> [script] DESCRIPTION
This script serves as an example of how you can use the RFilter::DeliveryAgent class to perform mail delivery. You can also use this script as a fully functioning mail filter. This script is a basic mail local delivery agent (DeliveryAgent) that can be used in place of procmail, maildrop, etc. in a user's .forward or .qmail file. The user supplies a delivery script that is written in Ruby, which avoids the limitations of the crippled mini-languages so often used in other DeliveryAgent programs. USAGE
rdeliver is invoked from the command line using: % rdeliver <options> [script] The script argument is optional. If omitted the script will look for a file called .rdeliver in the home directory. Options are: --load-path directory Prepend the given directory to ruby's load path. --log filename Log to the given filename. If no log is specified, no logging occurs. --home directory Specify the home directory. rdeliver will change to this directory before reading and writing any files. The home directory defaults to the value of the HOME or LOGDIR environment variable. DELIVERY SCRIPT
The delivery script runs in the context of a class called Deliver (in contrast, most ruby scripts run in the context of the Object class). So any methods added with def will be added to the Deliver class. A minimal delivery script would be: def main agent.save('inbox') end This code defines a Deliver#main method that saves the mail into an mbox style mailbox. The only API the Deliver script has is the #agent method. This retrieves the RFilter::DeliveryAgent object associated with the current message. Using the API of the RFilter::DeliveryAgent object, you can access and modify the message body and headers, defer or reject the message delivery, and deliver into various mailbox formats. See also RFilter::DeliveryAgent and Deliver. INSTALLATION
Assuming you have the RubyMail mail classes installed, you typically have to put something like this in your .forward file: |"/usr/bin/rdeliver --log /home/you/.rlog" This will call rdeliver for each new message you get, and log to /home/you/.rlog. CATASTROPHIC ERRORS
The rdeliver script is very careful with errors. If there is any problem, it logs the error to the log file you specify. But if you do not specify a log file, or the error occurs before the log file is opened, a record of the error is placed in a file called CATASTROPH- IC_DELIVERY_FAILURE in the home directory. If that fails, the error information is printed to the standard output in the hopes that it will be part of a bounce message. In all cases, the exit code 75 is returned, which tells the MTA to re-try the delivery again. AUTHOR
rdeliver and RFilter support classes were written by Matt Armstrong <matt@lickey.com>. This document was originally an RD format document of rdeliver script. This manual page was converted from it for Debian GNU/Linux system. September 2003 rdeliver(1)