Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to find the server ip is alive ? Post 302397774 by ungalnanban on Tuesday 23rd of February 2010 04:49:43 AM
Old 02-23-2010
MySQL

see the following commands.

1. ping server-ip # this is used for server is alive or not

2. traceroute # this is used for print the route packets take to network host

3. using telnet we connect the client to server then we trace.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to ping a host, is it alive or not ...

hello to everyone, i was wondering if you could help me with a script im working on, it's kind of simple but i dont have a lot experience on unix comands: well, here it is: you might apreciate the infinite while loop :D, it is supossed to be running on the server all day scaning it every 5... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sx3v1l_1n51de
12 Replies

2. Solaris

Need to find whether my unix server is a stand alone server or its in a cluster

Hi All, Could any one pls tell me how to find whether a unix server is a stand alone server or its in a cluster. I need a command through which i can find whether the unix m/c is clustered or not. Thanx in advance Regards, Naveen (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Naveen Kumar V
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Socket still alive!!

Hi, I'm investigate about a problem regarding a connection between two server (S1 and S2). A client software on S1 made a pool of connections on S2; for some reason some connections end but sockets still alive on S2 and not on S1. I always knew about sockets as a pair of processes; is it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grado
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we keep our script alive while logging out.

Hi I want to keep my script running even when i am logged off from the box. can we run the script in background which can automatically run every hour? Please advise. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prateek007
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Keep Server Alive with Cron Job

Despite my best efforts, my media streaming server still dies sometimes and I am in a random place trying to ssh into the server to restart it on my cell phone after customers start calling.... I tried using google to track down a script that would do the following Every 5 min execute: sudo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajhalls
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keep connection alive between PC and board

HI all, I have armv7 board and i will execute script in host machine with ssh connection from board . I have to test when board in standby mode the script runned in host remain working . The result is the reverse when kernel is in standby mode on board. SSH connection closed and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marwen_joe
3 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Is this forum alive?

Odd thing. I posted in the Solaris forum, new user, just asking for a bit of advice. Nothing too complicated. As of this post there have been 140 views and zero replies. So that got me thinking, is this normal? I had a look around, and I see the same thing on many other threads, and in other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: _JonB_
2 Replies

8. Programming

Socket Keep-Alive

Hi I'm adding http 1.1 GET to my project and trying to use “Keep-Alive” HTTP connections to the host, The problem is when I recv() the first page, it succeeds. However, the 2nd consecutive recv() will receive zero bytes, for which I really have no idea. As per HTTP 1.1 I have Connection: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Projecteer
6 Replies

9. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Command to find if a server is a VIP or normal server

I have a list of servers which has both VIP and normal server. Is there a command to identify which server is a VIP and which is a normal server? Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Usha Rajesh
1 Replies
TRACEROUTE(1)							   User Commands						     TRACEROUTE(1)

NAME
traceroute - Trace the route to a host SYNOPSIS
traceroute [OPTION...] HOST DESCRIPTION
Print the route packets trace to network host. -M, --type=METHOD use METHOD (`icmp' or `udp') for traceroute operations -p, --port=PORT use destination PORT port (default: 33434) -q, --tries=NUM send NUM probe packets per hop (default: 3) --resolve-hostnames resolve hostnames -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. AUTHOR
Written by Elian Gidoni. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-inetutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for traceroute is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and traceroute programs are properly installed at your site, the command info traceroute should give you access to the complete manual. GNU inetutils 1.9 December 2011 TRACEROUTE(1)