Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab with bash
Operating Systems HP-UX Crontab with bash Post 302397742 by thillai_selvan on Tuesday 23rd of February 2010 03:40:35 AM
Old 02-23-2010
There is no need of specifying the /usr/bin/bash in the crontab entry. Instead of that you can give sh simply. So it will automatically execute the sh command from where the sh command is located. (/usr/bin/sh)

Last edited by thillai_selvan; 02-23-2010 at 05:16 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash scripting cannot executed in crontab

hi guys, i have a problem. a week ago i made a successful crontab that execute bash scripting daily, it worked well but now, it doesn't work at all, in the mail i have: " /home/jimmy/cha/scripts/cekpderr produced the following output: lagi jalan /home/jimmy/cha/scripts/cekpderr:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmbp
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to execute sh script in bash shell via crontab

hello. we are porting over from HPUX Shell to Linux. my default shell is bash so i can no longer schedule to execute a sh script in crontab. can anyone pls help me out? I searched the site but didnt find any details. thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make your bash script run on a machine with csh and bash

hi, i have a script that runs on bash and would like to run it on a machine that has csh and bash. the default setting on that machine is csh. i dont want to change my code to run it with a csh shell. is there any way i can run the script (written in bash) on this machine? in other words is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

4. Linux

Problem with crontab + bash script

Crontab: 16 14 * * * /root/bin/./empty_mail.sh >> /root/bin/log.txt L=`mailq |grep -c frozen` echo "${NUMMAIL} frozen mail to be removed from the mailq" #echo "Press Enter to continue" #read CONTINUE echo -en "-> " for i in `mailq | grep frozen | awk '{print $3}'` ; do exim4 -Mrm $i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wessberg
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot get this bash/expect script to run under a crontab

#!/bin/bash # # RAP configuration script # # Usage: ./rap.sh # # Requires: expect, tcl # # Script expects to find a file called rap.csv located in the same directory as the script. If the file is placed # in a different directory, modify the custom entries section to specify the absolute... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkool
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script acting funny when run from Crontab

Hello, first time here. I have a script that seems to ignore the if statement when run from the cron. I am using Ubuntu 12.10 #!/bin/bash DOWN=/usr/sbin/dcon UP="pon dsl-provider" LOG=/var/log/dsl-reconnect.log RECV=`ifconfig 2>&1|grep ppp0|cut -d , -f 5|cut -d " " -f 1` if ] then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkoster
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Bash Script - Crontab

I've put together a very simple bash script to check for software patches and bounce the server, once complete. This is on a Mac server. The script works just fine upon execution, however, cron responds with: /bin/sh: /usr/local/bin/softwareupdates.sh: No such file or directory Crontab: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to select text and apply it to a selected file in bash

In the bash below I am asking the user for a panel and reading that into bed. Then asking the user for a file and reading that into file1.Is the grep in bold the correct way to apply the selected panel to the file? I am getting a syntax error. Thank you :) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run several bash commands put in bash command line?

How to run several bash commands put in bash command line without needing and requiring a script file. Because I'm actually a windows guy and new here so for illustration is sort of : $ bash "echo ${PATH} & echo have a nice day!" will do output, for example:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

In Bash shell - the ps -ef shows only the /bin/bash but the script name is not displayed

In Bash shell - the ps -ef shows only the /bin/bash but the script name is not displayed ? Is there any way to get the script names for the process command ? --- Post updated at 08:39 AM --- in KSH (Korn Shell), my command output shows the script names but when run in the Bash Shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
3 Replies
KEP_RELOAD(1)						      General Commands Manual						     KEP_RELOAD(1)

NAME
kep_reload - Update Predict's Keplerian elements SYNOPSIS
kep_reload DESCRIPTION
KEP_RELOAD is a simple utility that forces an immediate reload of PREDICT's Keplerian database through a socket connection while PREDICT is running in server mode. It is especially useful in environments where PREDICT runs continuously, and periodic Keplerian element updates are made outside of PREDICT, such as through scripts run through a crontab. The "kepupdate" script found in this directory is an example of a Keplerian element update script that can be run on an automated basis through a crontab. It is designed to be placed in your home directory under a subdirectory called "cronjobs". It downloads Keplerian orbital data from www.celestrak.com using the HTTP protocol. (The "wget" utility, available from the Free Software Foundation, is required, and is included in many Linux distrubutions.) Type crontab -e to edit your crontab. Simply add the following entry: 0 8 * * * kepupdate and your orbital database will update each morning at 8:00 AM (provided you have a network connection at that time). See the crontab man page for more information on editing your crontab. AUTHOR
This man page was written by A. Maitland Bottoms, AA4HS, for Debian GNU/Linux. 31 August 2003 KEP_RELOAD(1)