Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: chmod remote server file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers chmod remote server file Post 302397740 by abubacker on Tuesday 23rd of February 2010 03:39:45 AM
Old 02-23-2010
I guess you are right , have u test the umask value ? , Please let me know your umask value.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

chmod (permissions) * not working on remote server

Hi gurus ! I am developing a FTP script which will copy all the files from one server to another server and then I need to use CHMOD 755 * to set permissions of all the files just copied to the remote server. mput * chmod 755 * CHMOD gives me an error CHMOD works fine If I specify... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdlayeeq
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove the thread thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove this thread. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod of remote file

I would like to chmod the file which I am pulling from remote server onto my server. I am using the following script: sftp <server detail> get abc xyz chmod 666 xyz bye Though I could fetch the file successfully but I am not able to change the permission of xyz file on my server. umask... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kdtrica
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

preserving the timestamp of a file when copied from remote server to local server using ftp

Hi, I need to copy few files from remote server to local server. I write a shell script to connect to the remote server using ftp and go to that path. Now i need to copy those files in the remote directory to my local server with the timestamp of all those files shouldnt be changed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod on a remote server -solved

hello, I am trying to copy a file over to a set of aix servers and then set the file permissions, owner, group etc and all of this logged in as sudo. I was able to copy the file over using rcp - i know its not secure or not best way to copy - but unable to execute chmod on the remote server as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: in5ane
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a file in remote server from local server?

hi, can anyone tell me how can i store the names of a file that are in remote server to a file and then get the file that contains the name in local server? there is a remote server where 5 files are present , say a.txt b.txt c.txt d.txt e.txt i want to write a script in my local... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Append the output of a script running in remote server to a file in local server?

Hi guys, So i am in server1 and i have to login to server 2, 3,4 and run some script there(logging script) and output its result. What i am doing is running the script in server2 and outputting it to a file in server 2 and then Scp'ing the file to server1. Similarly i am doing this for other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sudo connect to a remote server and execute scripts in remote server

Hello Every one!! I am trying to write a shell script which will connect to a remote server and execute scripts which are at a certain path in the remote server. Before this I am using a sudo command to change the user. The place where I am stuck is, I am able to connect to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: masubram
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
CFS(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    CFS(4)

NAME
cfs - cache file system SYNOPSIS
cfs -s [-rd] [-f partition] cfs -a netaddr [-rd] [-f partition] [mtpt] DESCRIPTION
Cfs is a user-level file server that caches information about remote files onto a local disk. It is normally started by the kernel at boot time, though users may start it manually. Cfs is interposed between the kernel and a network connection to a remote file server to improve the efficiency of access across slow network connections such as modem lines. On each open of a file cfs checks the consistency of cached information and discards any old information for that file. Cfs mounts onto mtpt (default /) after connecting to the file server. The options are: s the connection to the remote file server is on file descriptors 0 and 1. a netaddr dial the destination netaddr to connect to a remote file server. r reformat the cache disk partition. d turn on debugging f partition use file partition as the cache disk partition. All 9P messages except read, clone, and walk (see intro(5)) are passed through cfs unchanged to the remote server. A clone followed imme- diately by a walk is converted into a clwalk. If possible, a read is satisfied by cached data. Otherwise, the file server is queried for any missing data. FILES
/dev/hd0cache Default file used for storing cached data. SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/cfs CFS(4)