Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk error message: division by zero attempted Post 302397622 by rogelio on Monday 22nd of February 2010 06:16:54 PM
Old 02-22-2010
Hi,

yes, I was aware that the error is in line 38 of the script... But I wanted to know why that was happening... Why the variable is getting a zero in it...

I just got the binaries and tried to execute it... I'll check if there's a newer version of it...

Thank you guys!!

Regards,

Rogelio M.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

error "awk: (FILENAME=- FNR=23) fatal: division by zero attempted"

Hi , I have file : after i run this command : there are error can we print blank line if output error ?? thanks.. ^^ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Division by zero error message in AWK

How can I modify my awk code to get rid of the divion by zero error message? If I run the script without an input file, it should return error message "Input file missing" but not divison by zero. Code: #!/bin/nawk -f BEGIN { if (NR == 0) {print "Input file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pauline mugisha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error message while using awk

Hi Friends, I am using the below code in my script: elif then NEW_LINE=`echo $Line | awk '{sub ($4, "2010\\\/04\\\/07"); printf "# %s %9s %18s\n", $2,$3,$4}'` sed $n" s/.*/$NEW_LINE/" kfile > tmp mv tmp kfile fi Around 30 lines are replaced by this code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk: division by zero

I received error "awk: division by zero" while executing the following statement. SunOS 5.10 Generic_142900-15 sun4us sparc FJSV,GPUZC-M echo 8 | awk 'END {printf ("%d\n",NR/$1 + 0.5);}' file1.lst awk: division by zero Can someone provide solution? Thanks Please use code... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar77
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk division error - 0

input 0 0 9820373 2069 0 0 11485482 awk '{print ($1/$3) / ($4/$7)}' input error Is there any way to fix this problem ? (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
25 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: cmd. line:1: fatal: division by zero attempted

when i try the snippet in the console its working fine: ps awwwux | grep php-fpm | grep -v grep | grep -v master | awk '{total_mem = $6 * 1024 + total_mem; total_proc++} END{printf("%d\n", total_mem / total_proc)}' output: but when i try the bash script: #!/bin/sh # -*- sh -*- #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danieloooo
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk fatal:division by zero attempted bypass with a condtion

Hi Friends, My input chr1 100 200 1234E-02 0.01 0.05 10 chr1 100 200 14E-11 0.11 0.50 1 chr1 100 200 134E-22 0.00 0.65 111 My command awk '{print $1"\t"$2"\t"$3"\t"$4"\t"$5"\t"$6"\t"$13}' input | awk '{v=($5/$6); print $0"\t"v}' OFS="\t" | awk '{$8=(log($8)/log(2)); print $0}'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - continue when encountered division error

Hello, How can I add a logic to awk to tell it to print 0 when encountering a division by zero attempted? Below is the code. Everything in the code works fine except the piece that I want to calculate read/write IO size. I take the kbr / rs and kbw / ws. There are times when the iostat data... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tommyd
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Division by zero attempted error during linear conversion of values between 0.25 to 1

I want to implement the below formula with awk oneliner new_value = ((old_value - old_min) / (old_max - old_min) ) * (new_max - new_min) + new_min I want to pass the value of old_min and old_min as variable. Here is what I did for this old_min=$(awk 'BEGIN{a=100000000000}{if ($10<0+a) a=$10}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sammy777888
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Fatal division by zero attempted

Hello. I'm writing an awk script that looks at a .csv file and calculates the weighted grade based on the scores and categories in the file. I keep getting a fatal division by zero attempted error and I know what it means but I've been looking over the code for awhile and am not sure what is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eric7giants
4 Replies
CHECKSECURITY(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  CHECKSECURITY(8)

NAME
checksecurity - Run a collection of simple system checks SYNOPSIS
checksecurity DESCRIPTION
The checksecurity command runs a small collection of simple system checks which are designed to catch a few common security issues. check- security is run by cron in a daily basis. CONFIGURATION
The checksecurity.conf file defines several configuration variables: MAILTO, CHECK_DISKFREE, CHECK_PASSWD and CHECK_SETUID LOGDIR. Each is described below. The checksecurity program works with a collection of plugins which are located in /usr/share/checksecurity and are configured individually by their own configuration file. CHECK_PASSWD If this is set to TRUE then the check-passwd script will be invoked. This script is designed to report upon system accounts which have no passwords. CHECK_DISKFREE If this is set to TRUE then the check-diskfree script will be invoked and will allow an alert to be sent if there is any mounted partition is running short on disk space. CHECK_SETUID If this is set to TRUE then the check-setuid script will be invoked, this will compare the setuid binaries upon the system to those that existed previously and show the differences. FILES
/etc/checksecurity.conf checksecurity configuration file SEE-ALSO See also check-diskfree(8), check-setuid(8), and check-passwd(8) Debian Linux 2 February 1997 CHECKSECURITY(8)