Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Expiration date of user account Post 302397583 by oskard on Monday 22nd of February 2010 03:38:57 PM
Old 02-22-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by quetzalcoatl
Hi

you can use the usermod -e expire to midifythe expiration or can you verify the /etc/passwd file,
*refer to estructure
loginIDSmilieassword:lastchg:min:max:warn:inactive:expire:
I'm not an admin for this server.
I only want get to know when my account expire.
usermod command is only for admin
passwd hasn't info about expiration date.

Oskar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

user acct expiration

how can i tell on a solaris 9 if a user acct has an expiration date? and when that expuiration is. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Account creation date

Hi All, Is there a simple and obvious way to see when an account was created.An account has come to my attention in /etc/passwd and a last on it shows having never logged in and the home directory looks to be a couple of years old. Just wondering if I'm over looking anything obvious. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hayez
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

user account creation date

hi, i tried searching the forum for a thread about this, but came up empty handed. is there a way to pull a list of all user accounts, with the associated creation date? thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilweezy
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find out expiration date

I want to know when my account is gonna expire. Is there a shell command that tells this? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilbav
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write a shellscript to send a mail alert to the website user based on license expiration time

hi, i am very much new to shell scripting i have a requirement that i have to develop a License Renewal Alert system that has to give a alert mail to the users before 30days of user account expiration, by checking expiration date of the user with the data base, this system will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepu_Shscripts
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

wget - cookie with expiration date

How can I create a cookie with expiration date using either wget or curl? I am able to use cli wget, cli curl, or php curl. I don't see that the cookies I have created contain an expiration date, and I have a problem logging into a forum that looks for the expiration date. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Neo's passport expiration date.

I found this to be a bit of a disturbing coincidence. youtube.com/watch?v=CxW79CwSK9M&hd=1 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: absorber
0 Replies

9. HP-UX

How to check password expiration date of particular user?

Hi Guys, I am new to HP-UX and want to find expiration date of particular user please also note i don't have root access on that server. for e.g. i have user abc on my HP box and want to know when its password going to expire and also when its password changed last time. I also try to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yasin Rakhangi
7 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

User account expiration notification

Dear Concern, Is there any built in tool/application/command available for Linux user account expiration notification purpose. With Best Regards, Md. Abdullah-Al Kauser (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
2 Replies
shadow(4)																 shadow(4)

NAME
shadow - shadow password file /etc/shadow is an access-restricted ASCII system file that stores users' encrypted passwords and related information. The shadow file can be used in conjunction with other shadow sources, including the NIS maps passwd.byname and passwd.byuid and the NIS+ table passwd. Programs use the getspnam(3C) routines to access this information. The fields for each user entry are separated by colons. Each user is separated from the next by a newline. Unlike the /etc/passwd file, /etc/shadow does not have general read permission. Each entry in the shadow file has the form: username:password:lastchg:min:max:warn:inactive:expire:flag The fields are defined as follows: username The user's login name (UID). password An encrypted password for the user generated by crypt(3C), a lock string to indicate that the login is not accessible, or no string, which shows that there is no password for the login. The lock string is defined as *LK* in the first four characters of the password field. lastchg The number of days between January 1, 1970, and the date that the password was last modified. The lastchg value is a deci- mal number, as interpreted by atol(3C). min The minimum number of days required between password changes. This field must be set to 0 or above to enable password aging. max The maximum number of days the password is valid. warn The number of days before password expires that the user is warned. inactive The number of days of inactivity allowed for that user. This is counted on a per-machine basis; the information about the last login is taken from the machine's lastlog file. expire An absolute date expressed as the number of days since the Unix Epoch (January 1, 1970). When this number is reached the login can no longer be used. For example, an expire value of 13514 specifies a login expiration of January 1, 2007. flag Failed login count in low order four bits; remainder reserved for future use, set to zero. A value of -1 for min, max, or warn disables password aging. The encrypted password consists of at most CRYPT_MAXCIPHERTEXTLEN characters chosen from a 64-character alphabet (., /, 0-9, A-Z, a-z). Two additional special characters, "$" and ",", can also be used and are defined in crypt(3C). To update this file, use the passwd(1), user- add(1M), usermod(1M), or userdel(1M) commands. In order to make system administration manageable, /etc/shadow entries should appear in exactly the same order as /etc/passwd entries; this includes ``+'' and ``-'' entries if the compat source is being used (see nsswitch.conf(4)). Values for the various time-related fields are interpreted as Greenwich Mean Time. /etc/shadow shadow password file /etc/passwd password file /etc/nsswitch.conf name-service switch configuration file /var/adm/lastlog time of last login See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ login(1), passwd(1), useradd(1M), userdel(1M), usermod(1M), atol(3C), crypt(3C), crypt_gensalt(3C), getspnam(3C), putspent(3C), nss- witch.conf(4), passwd(4), attributes(5), pam_unix_account(5), pam_unix_auth(5) If password aging is turned on in any name service the passwd: line in the /etc/nsswitch.conf file must have a format specified in the nss- witch.conf(4) man page. If the /etc/nsswitch.conf passwd policy is not in one of the supported formats, logins will not be allowed upon password expiration, because the software does not know how to handle password updates under these conditions. See nsswitch.conf(4) for additional information. 15 Sep 2005 shadow(4)