Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Please recommend a good Unix or Linux book Post 302397405 by harlemi on Monday 22nd of February 2010 04:13:13 AM
Old 02-22-2010
Please recommend a good Unix or Linux book

we run mainly Sun and AIX boxes.. I am looking more into a role of admin support...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

good book for unix shell programming

hi, i am ajay. I need a good book for shell programming. a book which covers from fundamental to advance shell programming. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaygodbole
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Please recommend me a Book

I have a SCO OpenServer 5 and I'll like to know about a Very good Book for Unix Networking that can help me with this server or any good book about Unix Networking. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SuPeRbYtE
2 Replies

3. Linux

Looking for a good book to learn LINUX

I have just transferred from an mainframe DB2 area to an area that uses LINUX. Any suggestions for a good book to buy for learning LINUX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bigdawg
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good Book For Unix And Shell Scripting

Hello people.I'm new to the forum and would like to seek your opinion in purchaing a copy of a good Unix and Shell scripting book. I have good knowledge of basic unix concepts and now i would like to delve into more details. Your suugestion much appreciated. Thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aeontoam82
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

recommend book for unix command/ shell scripting

Hi, i wish to learn unix commands and shell scripting. platform is solaris. but i am focused more on handy unix commands than system administration. which books do you recommend? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nurulamin862
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good book on Unix

I'm learning about Unix on my mac through the terminal application. I like it quite a bit. I'm finishing the chapter on Unix from my Mac OS X the missing manual, and it's whetted my appetite. Can anyone recommend a good book on beginning Unix (starting at beginner to intermediate). I'd like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Book for Learning unix shell scripting reall good

Hi guys I want o learn and understand shell scripting real good, Ive got already some background Due to the fact that there is ton of books with these theme, can you recommend me some good book with with examples explanations, pls no theoretical books :D Thxs (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kl1ngac1k
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good book on Unix

Please suggest me few good books on Unix. I have currently purchased Unix Power Tools. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashdeep
2 Replies

9. Programming

Which C++ book do you recommend?

Hello, May be my post may look naive to many...but it isn't if you were to believe me.After, trying to learn programming in C for at least 5 years , I concluded that K & R is the best book to learn C, alas I took a lot of time to realize this. So, I'm going to start learning how to program... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackwhite
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a good book to learn UNIX Shell Scripting

I'm going to be starting a job in a month or so that I need to brush up on my Unix shell scripting skills. About 15 years ago, I took a college class for Unix shell scripting. I would like to find a good college book again, rather than just going to Amazon and just buying anything. This is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorlow
2 Replies
GLOBUS-GATEKEEPER-(8)					       University of Chicago					     GLOBUS-GATEKEEPER-(8)

NAME
globus-gatekeeper-admin - Manage globus-gatekeeper services SYNOPSIS
globus-gatekeeper-admin [-h] globus-gatekeeper-admin [-l] [-n NAME] globus-gatekeeper-admin [-e SERVICE] [-n NAME] globus-gatekeeper-admin [-E] globus-gatekeeper-admin [-d SERVICE] DESCRIPTION
The globus-gatekeeper-admin program manages service entries which are used by the globus-gatekeeper to execute services. Service entries are located in the /etc/grid-services directory. The globus-gatekeeper-admin can list, enable, or disable specific services, or set a service as the default. The -h command-line option shows a brief usage message. Listing services The -l command-line option to globus-gatekeeper-admin will cause it to list all of the services which are available to be run by the globus-gatekeeper. In the output, the service name will be followed by its status in brackets. Possible status strings are ENABLED, DISABLED, and ALIAS to NAME, where NAME is another service name. If the -n NAME is used, then only information about the service named NAME is printed. Enabling services The -e SERVICE command-line option to globus-gatekeeper-admin will cause it to enable a service so that it may be run by the globus-gatekeeper. If the -n NAME option is used as well, then the service will be enabled with the alias NAME. Enabling a default service The -E command-line option to globus-gatekeeper-admin will cause it to enable a service alias with the name jobmanager. The globus-gatekeeper-admin program will choose the first service it finds as the default. To enable a particular service as the default, use the -e parameter described above with the -n parameter. Disabling services The -d SERVICE command-line option to globus-gatekeeper-admin will cause it to disable a service so that it may not be run by the globus-gatekeeper. All aliases to a disabled service are also disabled. FILES
/etc/grid-services Default location of enabled gatekeeper service descriptions. University of Chicago 12/13/2011 GLOBUS-GATEKEEPER-(8)