Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl script help needed..
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script help needed.. Post 302397376 by vasanth.vadalur on Monday 22nd of February 2010 02:05:57 AM
Old 02-22-2010
Dear Pravin,

Sorry. My output file should be like the below

Code:

RFG {
    NAME=check_list_warn
    DG=warn
    ACCESS=
}

RFG {
    NAME=check_li
    DG=warn
    ACCESS=
}

As per the final coumn data of map_file, output_file need repeats.(i.e Number of repeats will be the number of data's in final column of the map_file data.)

Thanks in advance
vasanth

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Needed Urgent in shell or PERL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My I/p FIle #%npr # { { collectionBeginTime_Date 19Jul2007 granularityPeriod 900 NODEID BSC19 RLC_Raw_Blocksize_CS2 2048 START_DATE 19Jul07 measTimeStamp_Date 20Jul2007 COLLECTION_INTERVAL_MINS 15 RLC_User_Blocksize_CS2 1024 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aajan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assistance needed with perl script

Ok, theres a log file containing the below. Lets call the logfile log_fantastic: 2009/03/16 21:42:45 USER: tonnabo - MAC: 0014BF2D385A - STATUS_ID: 30 - STATE: ERROR 2009/03/16 21:42:45 USER: tonnabo - MAC: 001310AC120D - STATUS_ID: 15 - STATE: OK 2009/03/16 21:42:45 USER: tonnabo - MAC:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script needed for Processing CSV file perl

I am new to perl, and need a script to pull a CSV file, strip out 2 leading columns, and 2 ending columns, and resave the file in a new location. The file is basic and has less than 10,000 records. Secondly, can I schedule perl scripts to run daily? Can someone provide the basic script to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cobbjob
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script Help Needed

I need this script to be able to check both IPs that are given to it and exit with an OK... if one of those expected IPs is returned. The script is run like this: /bin/dns_checker.pl -s 69.34.55.66 -q htt.jababa.com -e 69.44.56.33,45.47.43.55 Right now, the script is failing, but when I... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script needed

For the following command I need a perl script equivalent with a couple of more things - cat /tmp/mail |grep Appname > /tmp/mail1;cat /tmp/mail >> /tmp/mail1; mail -s "mail subject here" allan@mail.com < /tmp/mail1; >/tmp/mail ; >/tmp/mail1 ================== cat /tmp/mail ***** Alert *****... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacki
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell or perl script needed

Hi! I have a curl call which gets me the following output: curl http://hostname1.qa.com:8888/getlist OUTPUT - { "token" = "201119041112"; "apps" = { "PaymentApp" = "http://hostname1.qa.com:2333/cgi-bin/Jboss/PaymentApp-EMEA.woa/paymentInfo"; "OrderConsumer" =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacki
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell or perl script needed for ldif file to text file conversion

This is the ldf file dn: sdcsmsisdn=1000000049,sdcsDatabase=subscriberCache,dc=example,dc=com objectClass: sdcsSubscriber objectClass: top postalCode: 29600 sdcsServiceLevel: 10 sdcsCustomerType: 14 givenName: Adelia sdcsBlackListAll: FALSE sdcsOwnerType: T-Mobile sn: Actionteam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LinuxFriend
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with Perl Script

i have the following script: #!/usr/local/bin/perl use STUN::Client; use Data::Dumper; use strict; my $stun_client = STUN::Client->new; $stun_client->stun_server('10.59.29.14'); my $r = $stun_client->get; my $ip = $r->{ma_address}; print "IP: $ip\n\nResult (hash):... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in calling path file from Perl script.

Hi All, I need help in accessing a path file (path.xyz_pqr) not having a shell shebang and exporting paths in the following syntax, export DB_SCRIPT_PATH="/abc/aash/scripts/db_scripts/xyz_pqr" export SRC_FILES_DIR="/bcd/fdw/incoming/xyz_pqr" I need to use the path contained in the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtatic
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed on Perl Script to Handle Log files that are rotated using logrotate

Hello all, I am working on a perl script which will read weblogic logfile and send the error messages to Zenoss Monitoring tool. At present the script works and it can able to send the error messages to Zenoss. The problem comes when the logrotate has been applied to the weblogic log file. At... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kar_333
3 Replies
Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar(3) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar(3)

NAME
Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar - return Dwarn @return_value SYNOPSIS
use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return Dwarn some_call(...) is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; if (wantarray) { my @return = some_call(...); warn Dumper(@return); return @return; } else { my $return = some_call(...); warn Dumper($return); return $return; } but shorter. If you need to force scalar context on the value, use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return DwarnS some_call(...) is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; my $return = some_call(...); warn Dumper($return); return $return; If you need to force list context on the value, use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return DwarnL some_call(...) is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; my @return = some_call(...); warn Dumper(@return); return @return; If you want to label your output, try DwarnN use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return DwarnN $foo is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; my @return = some_call(...); warn '$foo => ' . Dumper(@return); return @return; If you want to output a reference returned by a method easily, try $Dwarn $foo->bar->{baz}->$Dwarn is equivalent to: my $return = $foo->bar->{baz}; warn Dumper($return); return $return; If you want to format the output of your data structures, try DwarnF my ($a, $c) = DwarnF { "awesome: $_[0] not awesome: $_[1]" } $awesome, $cheesy; is equivalent to: my @return = ($awesome, $cheesy); warn DumperF { "awesome: $_[0] not awesome: $_[1]" } $awesome, $cheesy; return @return; If you want to immediately die after outputting the data structure, every Dwarn subroutine has a paired Ddie version, so just replace the warn with die. For example: DdieL 'foo', { bar => 'baz' }; DESCRIPTION
use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; will import Dwarn, $Dwarn, DwarnL, DwarnN, and DwarnS into your namespace. Using Exporter, so see its docs for ways to make it do something else. Dwarn sub Dwarn { return DwarnL(@_) if wantarray; DwarnS($_[0]) } $Dwarn $Dwarn = &Dwarn $DwarnN $DwarnN = &DwarnN DwarnL sub Dwarn { warn Data::Dumper::Concise::Dumper @_; @_ } DwarnS sub DwarnS ($) { warn Data::Dumper::Concise::Dumper $_[0]; $_[0] } DwarnN sub DwarnN { warn '$argname => ' . Data::Dumper::Concise::Dumper $_[0]; $_[0] } Note: this requires Devel::ArgNames to be installed. DwarnF sub DwarnF (&@) { my $c = shift; warn &Data::Dumper::Concise::DumperF($c, @_); @_ } TIPS AND TRICKS
global usage Instead of always just doing: use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; Dwarn ... We tend to do: perl -MData::Dumper::Concise::Sugar foo.pl (and then in the perl code:) ::Dwarn ... That way, if you leave them in and run without the "use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar" the program will fail to compile and you are less likely to check it in by accident. Furthmore it allows that much less friction to add debug messages. method chaining One trick which is useful when doing method chaining is the following: my $foo = Bar->new; $foo->bar->baz->Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar::DwarnS->biff; which is the same as: my $foo = Bar->new; (DwarnS $foo->bar->baz)->biff; SEE ALSO
You probably want Devel::Dwarn, it's the shorter name for this module. perl v5.18.2 2013-12-31 Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar(3)