Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cp command not working
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cp command not working Post 302397306 by methyl on Sunday 21st of February 2010 06:58:52 PM
Old 02-21-2010
Sorry to be rude, but I repeat.

Please post exactly what you typed and the exact error message you received. Knowing you Operating System and Shell would also help.

Geekasaurus post can be ignored because is uses erroneous syntax for irrelevant commands.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

last command not working

I have a Solaris 8 Ultra 1 on my network that we use as a utility server. The last command, which looks in the /var/adm/wtmpx file, is not working. When I do a last, the latest entry is dated June 3, but the /var/adm/wtmpx file is dated whenever a login is successful (verified by typing a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
3 Replies

2. Solaris

ls command not working

Hi, I have installed opensolaris 10 in VMware. Everything is fine except ls command is not working. It is not displaying any files and directories. Sorry if the question is soo trivial. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayahari
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Here command not working

The below is a simple script, but doesnt work. #!/bin/ksh cat <<XYZ -h help -T Test (required) -D Develop (required) XYZ Help is appreciated (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command for recently modified files - "find" command not working

I have three files a.txt , b.txt , c.txt in a directory called my_dir1 .These files were created before two or three months . I have a tar file called my_tar1.tar which contains three files a.txt , b.txt , d.txt . Somebody untarred the my_tar1.tar into my_dir1 directory. So existing two files were... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joe.mani
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with shell script: cp command not working, but mv command works...

Hello. I would like to ask your help regarding the cp command. We are using a cp command to create a back-up copy of our file but to no avail. It's just not working. We already checked the file and directory permissions and all seems correct. We have a script (ftp.script) which calls on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: udelalv
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Working of command

What does the command do lpr -Pqpr *.jpg do ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nabeel Nazir
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maxdepth command not working in AIX.Need alternative solution for this command

Hi All, I am trying to select 30 days older files under current directory ,but not from subdirectory using below command. find <Dir> -type f -mtime + 30 This command selecting all the files from current directory and also from sub directory . I read some documention through internet ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kommineni
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script not working but command works in command prompt

Hi everyone I have a problem with my script If I try directly this command /usr/bin/nice -n 19 mysqldump -u root --password="******" wiki_schneider -c | nice -n 19 gzip -9 > /point_de_montage/$(date '+%Y%m%d')-wiki-db.sql.gz It works But if I simply add this command in a script and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: picemma
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies
packf(1)						      General Commands Manual							  packf(1)

NAME
packf - compress a folder into a single file (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
packf [+folder] [msgs] [-file name] [-help] OPTIONS
Specifies the file in which you want the message(s) to be stored. If you specify an existing file then the specified messages will be appended to the end of that file. Otherwise, a new file will be created and the messages placed in it. If you do not specify a filename, packf attempts to place the messages in a file called msgbox in the current working directory. If this file does not exist, packf asks whether you want to create it. Prints a list of the valid options to this command. The default settings for this command are: +folder defaults to the current folder msgs defaults to all -file DESCRIPTION
Each message in a folder is normally stored as a separate file. The packf command takes all messages from the current folder and copies them to a single specified file. Each message in the file is separated by four <CTRL/A>s and a newline. You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument. If you do not want all the messages in a folder to be packed into one file, you can specify a number of messages or a range of messages with message numbers. The first message packed will become the current message. If you specify a +folder argument, that folder will become the current folder. When messages have been packed into a file using packf, you can separate them into individual messages using the burst command. See burst(1). PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's Mail directory Msg-Protect: To set protections when creating a new file EXAMPLES
The first example shows all the messages in the folder +lrp being packed into a file called planning: % packf +lrp -file planning The next example shows how packf prompts you if you do not specify a -file option. A file called msgbox is created by packf in your home directory, and messages 3 to 5 are packed into it: % packf +lrp 3-5 Create file "/machine/disk/username/msgbox"? y FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
burst(1) packf(1)