Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming write() issue during a low level hdd access Post 302397251 by Corona688 on Sunday 21st of February 2010 04:14:12 PM
Old 02-21-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sponnusa
thanks for the reply.

I know O_DIRECT might work, and I tried with O_DIRECT, but it fails for some reason.
Try printing the error message with perror() to find out what "some reason" is. As a stubborn programmer would say, don't give up until you know why it's not working. Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Low level format?

I want to do a low level format like in windows (C:\format c:) but I don't know how it works in unix or linux.. Can somebody help me ? thnx :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: day
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Access to a second HDD

Hello How to access to a second hard disk on a HP-UX system? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ouniss
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

Best reference for understanding low level info on nic cards drivers and functionality

Hi, What is the best reference that gives in detail on nic cards configuration , assigning multiple ip addresses to a single interface, netlink library etc and all basic stuff at this level..? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
2 Replies

4. AIX

High Runqueue (R) LOW CPU LOW I/O Low Network Low memory usage

Hello All I have a system running AIX 61 shared uncapped partition (with 11 physical processors, 24 Virtual 72GB of Memory) . The output from NMON, vmstat show a high run queue (60+) for continous periods of time intervals, but NO paging, relatively low I/o (6000) , CPU % is 40, Low network.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: IL-Malti
9 Replies

5. Programming

System calls and C language low-level qualities???

Hi friends, I hope everyone is fine and doing well. I queried in my previous thread about the low-level qualities of C/C++ languages.I really thank you people for explaining, it was really helpful. One more ambiquity that I have in my mind is regarding the unix system calls like open, creat,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabam
1 Replies

6. Programming

Why is C/C++ considered low-level languages???

Hi friends, I hope everyone is doing well and fine. I have always been hearing that C/C++ are relatively low-level as compared to Java/C# etc. Could you please tell me some low-level qualities of C/C++? And I think disk deframenters are written in C/C++, please correct me if I am wrong. And please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
5 Replies

7. Programming

Low level X11 programming

How to use X11 without Xlib not XCB? How draw window directly on low level? I must use anyway window manager like Motif? I have ridden that X11 has server-client architecture, client send via TCP/IP to port 6000 request for primitives and get replies. Where is detailed description of it? In X11... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndrzejB
0 Replies
accept(1M)																accept(1M)

NAME
accept, reject - allow/prevent LP destination queuing requests SYNOPSIS
destination ... destination ... destination ...] ... DESCRIPTION
The command permits the command (see lp(1)) to accept printing requests for each named LP printer or printer class destination queue. The command causes the command to reject subsequent printing requests for each named destination queue. Requests already queued will con- tinue to be processed for printing by the scheduler (see lpsched(1M)). Use the command (see lpstat(1)) to find the status of destination queues. For an overview of LP command interactions, see lp(1). Options The command can have the following option. Specifies a string that is used to explain why the command is not accepting requests for a destination. reason applies to all queues mentioned up to the next option. If reason or is omitted, the default reason is "". The maximum length of reason is 80 bytes. reason message of length greater than 80 bytes is truncated to 80 bytes. reason is reported by the command and by the command when users direct requests to a rejected destination. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables The variable determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, it defaults to "C" (see lang(5)). If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, all internationalization variables default to "C" (see environ(5)). International Code Set Support Single- and multibyte character code sets are supported. EXAMPLES
These examples assume you have a system with two printers named and and one class named that includes both printers. Example 1 To allow all destinations to accept print requests: Example 2 To reject requests to the class destination, requiring users to choose a printer: Example 3 To reject requests to the individual printer destinations, requiring all requests to go through the class destination: WARNINGS
and operate on the local system only. FILES
Directory of spooler configuration data Directory of spooler log files Directory of LP spooling files and directories SEE ALSO
enable(1), lp(1), lpstat(1), lpadmin(1M), lpsched(1M), rcancel(1M), rlp(1M), rlpdaemon(1M), rlpstat(1M). accept(1M)