Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Web Accessibility: text resize Post 302397238 by pludi on Sunday 21st of February 2010 03:22:05 PM
Old 02-21-2010
I agree with you that sites should be accessible to all. What I mean with target group is not a group of people with a similar impairing condition, but similar interests. Eg. a group of software engineers will probably search for the "re-size text" option differently than a group of linguists. And with seniors it should be as easy as possible to find it, and be non-obtrusive otherwise.

Mind tho, this is coming from someone who "designs" web-pages as black-on-white, default font & size, should be readable in lynx or w3m Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possible to download web page's text to a file?

Hi, Say there is a web page that contains just text only - that is, even the source code is just the text itself, nothing more. An example would be "http://mynasadata.larc.nasa.gov/docs/ocean_percent.txt" Is there a UNIX command that would allow me to download this text and store it in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Breanne
1 Replies

2. Programming

Application with Accessibility for Blind People

I am about to start developing an application, which requires accessibility for blind people. It will be a front-end to google calendar for blind people. Can I do this in C#? Does .NET provide accessibility? I want to read the information from screen readers(e.g. JAWS), a software that uses voice... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: romeo5577
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep text matching problem with script which checks if web page contains text.

I wrote a Bash script which checks to see if a text string exists on a web page and then sends me an email if it does (or does not e.g. "Out of stock"). I run it from my crontab, it's quite handy from time to time and I've been using it for a few years now. The script uses wget to download an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl text from web

perl -MLWP::Simple -le '$s=shift;$c=get("http://genetics.emory.edu/egl/tests/view.php?testid=4125/$s/");$c=~/meta content=(.*?)name=\"Genes\"/msg; print length($1),"\t$1"' "Test Description" >output.txt I am having trouble with this code: Can it be modified for the desired output? I attached... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Web page with picture, text, php function

Hello. I'm trying to create a web page which the presentation is as follows: 1 °) at the top of page an image 2 °) below the text 3 °) to complete a php function that returns information. I tried different things but none work. Script 1: <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <style> div { ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy text from web page and add to file

I need help to make a script for Ubuntu to OSCam that copy the text on this website that only contains "C: ip port randomUSERNAME password" and want to exclude the text "C:" and replace the rest with the old in my test.server file. (line 22) device = ip,port (line 23) user =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baxarn
6 Replies
GROUP(5)                                                     Linux Programmer's Manual                                                    GROUP(5)

NAME
group - user group file DESCRIPTION
The /etc/group file is a text file that defines the groups on the system. There is one entry per line, with the following format: group_name:password:GID:user_list The fields are as follows: group_name the name of the group. password the (encrypted) group password. If this field is empty, no password is needed. GID the numeric group ID. user_list a list of the usernames that are members of this group, separated by commas. FILES
/etc/group BUGS
As the 4.2BSD initgroups(3) man page says: no one seems to keep /etc/group up-to-date. SEE ALSO
chgrp(1), gpasswd(1), groups(1), login(1), newgrp(1), sg(1), getgrent(3), getgrnam(3), gshadow(5), passwd(5) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2016-10-08 GROUP(5)