Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modify sources.list from script Post 302397223 by Leppie on Sunday 21st of February 2010 02:00:49 PM
Old 02-21-2010
Frankin52, you're a genius.
i never thought of concatenating the two search terms to narrow down the hits.
thank you very much Smilie
heel erg bedankt, wil je wat bits van mij?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible in a shell script to modify itself ??

We are running a quiz and the data collected from the quiz is submitted to the database. My requirement is to write a shell script to get these submitted records. I should be able to run this shell script at any time and the records it returns should be the ones submitted after the script was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehgalniraj
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify Perl script to work with txt - Permissions script

Hi I have this code, and i want work with a ls -shalR output in .txt What i need read to do this?? Where start? #!/usr/bin/perl # Allrights- A perl tool for making backups of file permissions # Copyright (C) 2005 Norbert Klein <norbert@acodedb.com> # This program is free... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joangopan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to modify script to list multiple parameters for V_fieldid variable

I am posting a script below which essentially excutes the following functions in the described order. 1) From a source directory pools together three files generated by system logs for each user session, tar's these files and archives them as a log set in a destination directory and these... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sammy
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help to modify my script

Hi, I have a script which connect to ATM's and pull two files from the ATM. The which i try to pull is like PIC20085200001*.JPG First 7 digit consist of year montn and date as well After todays execution i want to change the date to next date I add few lines in the script but it is not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to modify /etc/shadow

Hi I am looking for script to modify /etc/shadow. For example: 1-)User enters username 2-)The line of that user is found in /etc/shadow and *LK* is added infront of the second field in /etc/shadow. How can I do this? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files and display last modify time in a particular format

hi everyone, can someone suggest how i can list the contents of a directory and display their corresponding last modify time in the format yyyymmddhhmm? thanks in advance! (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can I modify this script.

hello forum members, I have a script which is used find the Uname and passwords and redirects into a output.txt file.I hardcoded a string "ciadev" but iwant search two more strings also "absdev" and "absprod" So modify this script please. I am lookinmg forward from you, please find the below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to List, Modify, replace filename for an upload?

Hello, here is my problem: I have ma program in a first directory dir1: ls path1/rep1/ file1.f90 file1.f90~ file1.o file2.f90 .... etc... I have modified folder in an other directory: ls path2/rep2/ file1_modified.f90 file2_modified.f90 .... etc... All files from first... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadok
8 Replies

9. Debian

Repositories in sources.list

I'm just interested to know how your sources.list look like. I got some repositories witch give some errors and I would like to clean it up. and when I do apt-get update I get few lines showing errors like 404 , this is how my list look like: # deb cdrom:/ squeeze main # deb cdrom:/... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zdorian
0 Replies
KinoSearch1::Search::Hits(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    KinoSearch1::Search::Hits(3pm)

NAME
KinoSearch1::Search::Hits - access search results SYNOPSIS
my $hits = $searcher->search( query => $query ); $hits->seek( 0, 10 ); while ( my $hashref = $hits->fetch_hit_hashref ) { print "<p>$hashref->{title} <em>$hashref->{score}</em></p> "; } DESCRIPTION
Hits objects are used to access the results of a search. By default, a hits object provides access to the top 100 matches; the seek() method provides finer-grained control. A classic application would be paging through hits. The first time, seek to a START of 0, and retrieve 10 documents. If the user wants to see more -- and there are more than 10 total hits -- seek to a START of 10, and retrieve 10 more documents. And so on. METHODS
seek $hits->seek( START, NUM_TO_RETRIEVE ); Position the Hits iterator at START, and capture NUM_TO_RETRIEVE docs. total_hits my $num_that_matched = $hits->total_hits; Return the total number of documents which matched the query used to produce the Hits object. (This number is unlikely to match NUM_TO_RETRIEVE.) fetch_hit while ( my $hit = $hits->fetch_hit ) { # ... } Return the next hit as a KinoSearch1::Search::Hit object. fetch_hit_hashref while ( my $hashref = $hits->fetch_hit_hashref ) { # ... } Return the next hit as a hashref, with the field names as keys and the field values as values. An entry for "score" will also be present, as will an entry for "excerpt" if create_excerpts() was called earlier. However, if the document contains stored fields named "score" or "excerpt", they will not be clobbered. create_excerpts my $highlighter = KinoSearch1::Highlight::Highlighter->new( excerpt_field => 'bodytext', ); $hits->create_excerpts( highlighter => $highlighter ); Use the supplied highlighter to generate excerpts. See KinoSearch1::Highlight::Highlighter. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005-2010 Marvin Humphrey LICENSE, DISCLAIMER, BUGS, etc. See KinoSearch1 version 1.00. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 KinoSearch1::Search::Hits(3pm)