Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modify sources.list from script Post 302397196 by Franklin52 on Sunday 21st of February 2010 09:16:24 AM
Old 02-21-2010
To uncomment the first line you could do:

Code:
REPO="deb "

sed "/^# $REPO/ s/^# //" file

For the second line:

Code:
REPO="deb-src"

sed "/^# $REPO/ s/^# //" file

If the output is correct you can use the -i option of sed to edit the file "in place".

EDIT: Misunderstand your question, this should be a better approach:
Code:
STOP="deb "
REPRO="lamaresh"

sed "/^# $STOP.*$REPRO/ s/^# //" file

and:
Code:
STOP="deb-src"
REPRO="lamaresh"

sed "/^# $STOP.*$REPRO/ s/^# //" file

Last edited by Franklin52; 02-21-2010 at 11:20 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible in a shell script to modify itself ??

We are running a quiz and the data collected from the quiz is submitted to the database. My requirement is to write a shell script to get these submitted records. I should be able to run this shell script at any time and the records it returns should be the ones submitted after the script was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehgalniraj
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify Perl script to work with txt - Permissions script

Hi I have this code, and i want work with a ls -shalR output in .txt What i need read to do this?? Where start? #!/usr/bin/perl # Allrights- A perl tool for making backups of file permissions # Copyright (C) 2005 Norbert Klein <norbert@acodedb.com> # This program is free... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joangopan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to modify script to list multiple parameters for V_fieldid variable

I am posting a script below which essentially excutes the following functions in the described order. 1) From a source directory pools together three files generated by system logs for each user session, tar's these files and archives them as a log set in a destination directory and these... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sammy
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help to modify my script

Hi, I have a script which connect to ATM's and pull two files from the ATM. The which i try to pull is like PIC20085200001*.JPG First 7 digit consist of year montn and date as well After todays execution i want to change the date to next date I add few lines in the script but it is not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to modify /etc/shadow

Hi I am looking for script to modify /etc/shadow. For example: 1-)User enters username 2-)The line of that user is found in /etc/shadow and *LK* is added infront of the second field in /etc/shadow. How can I do this? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files and display last modify time in a particular format

hi everyone, can someone suggest how i can list the contents of a directory and display their corresponding last modify time in the format yyyymmddhhmm? thanks in advance! (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can I modify this script.

hello forum members, I have a script which is used find the Uname and passwords and redirects into a output.txt file.I hardcoded a string "ciadev" but iwant search two more strings also "absdev" and "absprod" So modify this script please. I am lookinmg forward from you, please find the below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to List, Modify, replace filename for an upload?

Hello, here is my problem: I have ma program in a first directory dir1: ls path1/rep1/ file1.f90 file1.f90~ file1.o file2.f90 .... etc... I have modified folder in an other directory: ls path2/rep2/ file1_modified.f90 file2_modified.f90 .... etc... All files from first... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadok
8 Replies

9. Debian

Repositories in sources.list

I'm just interested to know how your sources.list look like. I got some repositories witch give some errors and I would like to clean it up. and when I do apt-get update I get few lines showing errors like 404 , this is how my list look like: # deb cdrom:/ squeeze main # deb cdrom:/... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zdorian
0 Replies
yum(8)																	    yum(8)

NAME
yum - Yellowdog Updater Modified shell SYNOPSIS
yum shell [filename] DESCRIPTION
yum includes an interactive shell for conducting multiple commands or sets of commands during a single execution of yum. These commands can be issued manually or passed to yum from a file. The commands are much the same as the normal yum command line options. See here yum(8) for that information. There are a few additional commands documented below. config [argument] [value] args: debuglevel, errorlevel, obsoletes, gpgcheck, assumeyes, exclude If no value is given it prints the current value. If value is given it sets that value. repo [argument] [option] list: lists repositories and their status enable: enable repositories. option = repository id disable: disable repositories. option = repository id transaction [argument] list: lists the contents of the transaction reset: reset (zero-out) the transaction solve: run the dependency solver on the transaction run: run the transaction Examples The following are examples of using the yum shell. list available packagename* groupinfo 'Some Group' install foo remove bar update baz run That will list available packages matching the glob 'packagename*'. It will return information on the group 'Some Group' It will then queue the following commands into the transaction: install foo, remove bar, update baz. Then the 'run' command will resolve dependencies for the transaction commands and run the transaction. SEE ALSO
yum (8) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There of course aren't any bugs, but if you find any, they should be sent to the mailing list: yum@lists.baseurl.org or filed in bugzilla. Seth Vidal yum(8)