Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fgets problems
Top Forums Programming fgets problems Post 302397070 by Corona688 on Saturday 20th of February 2010 05:03:48 PM
Old 02-20-2010
Memory related troubles within the pari stack will not cause inexplicable problems outside pari. To cause crashes in unrelated things, either the heap or the stack is getting mangled somewhere by something. Since this is clearly impossible, your program was never crashing and this thread does not exist, and you have no need of a memory debugger to check for problems that never existed.

Less sarcastically, 'garbage on the stack' won't crash stdio or anything else programmed sensibly. Every function call you make leaves garbage on the stack, pari's nothing remarkable in that respect. If you're getting segfaults in senseless places, either your stack's being corrupted, or your heap. (Or you're having hardware problems like memory errors.) A memory debugger -- or really, any debugger at all -- will be more useful than a thousand people staring at the 1% of your code you're willing to present. In the time we've spend arguing about it you could've tried lots of things.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

'make' problems (compliation problems?)

I'm trying to compile and install both most recent version of 'make' and the most recent version of 'openssh' on my Sparc20. I've run into the following problems... and I don't know what they mean. Can someone please help me resolve these issues? I'm using the 'make' version that was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with ld.so.1

I renamed ld.so.1 on a Sun machine running Solaris 2.6. Now I cannot boot the system and I can use only very few commands in Maintenance Mode. Can someone help me? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciccio
3 Replies

3. Programming

fgets()

does anyone knows how to accept a command from a user.. i was wondering to use fgets(), but got no idea how to start it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skanky
4 Replies

4. Programming

Problem with fgets and rewind function ..

Hello Friends, I got stuck with fgets () & rewind() function .. Please need help.. Actually I am doing a like, The function should read lines from a txt file until the function is called.. If the data from the txt file ends then it goes to the top and then again when the function is called... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user_prady
1 Replies

5. Programming

Question about NULL Character & fgets()

Assume client send the message " Hello ", i get output such as Sent mesg: hello Bytes Sent to Client: 6 bytes_received = recv(clientSockD, data, MAX_DATA, 0); if(bytes_received) { send(clientSockD, data, bytes_received, 0); data = '\0';... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
2 Replies

6. Programming

[C] fgets problem with SIGINT singlal!!!

Hi all, I have this method to read a string from a STDIN: void readLine(char* inputBuffer){ fgets (inputBuffer, MAX_LINE, stdin); fflush(stdin); /* remove '\n' char from string */ if(strlen(inputBuffer) != 0) inputBuffer = '\0'; } All work fine but if i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hurricane86
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with using less

Hello, I am having problems with using less on Linux version 2.6.18-92.1.17.el5 (brewbuilder@hs20-bc1-7.build.redhat.com) (gcc version 4.1.2 20071124 (Red Hat 4.1.2-42)). I am using csh but have the same problems on bash. If I pipe something to less it works perfectly i.e. cat file | less... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
9 Replies

8. Programming

fgets problems newline

hello, i'm trying to write a C-program that reads a file line by line. (and searches each line for a given string) This file is an special ASCII-database-file, with a lot of entries. I checked the line with most length, and it was about 4000 characters. With google i found several... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: p1cm1n
4 Replies

9. Programming

fgets read file line with "\n" inside

Hi, I have a string like this, char str ="This, a sample string.\\nThis is the second line, \\n \\n, we will have one blank line"; if I want to use strtok() to seperate the string, which token should I use? I tried "\n", "\\n", either not working. peter (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laopi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

while and do problems

Any ideas how to clear this error as it seems I dont understand if,do,while and els commands #!/bin/ksh set -x print "This script creates test messages" print "Please enter test case name" read testcasename echo $testcasename skipfield=Y while print "Do you want to skip this field... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrew.p.mcderm
4 Replies
thr_stksegment(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					thr_stksegment(3C)

NAME
thr_stksegment - get thread stack address and size SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file...[ library... ] #include <thread.h> #include <signal.h> int thr_stksegment(stack_t *ss); DESCRIPTION
The thr_stksegment() function returns, in its stack_t argument, the address and size of the calling thread's stack. The stack_t structure includes the following members: void *ss_sp size_t ss_size int ss_flags On successful return from thr_stksegment(), ss_sp contains the high address of the caller's stack and ss_size contains the size of the stack in bytes. The ss_flags member is always 0. Note that the meaning of ss_sp is reversed from other uses of stack_t such as sigalt- stack(2) where ss_sp is the low address. The stack information provided by thr_stksegment() is typically used by debuggers, garbage collectors, and similar applications. Most applications should not require such information. RETURN VALUES
The thr_stksegment() function returns 0 if the thread stack address and size were successfully retrieved. Otherwise, it returns a non- zero error value. ERRORS
The thr_stksegment() function will fail if: EAGAIN The stack information for the thread is not available because the thread's initialization is not yet complete, or the thread is an internal thread. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sigaltstack(2), thr_create(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 15 Jun 2000 thr_stksegment(3C)