Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Process explorer for MS Windows Post 302397027 by pludi on Saturday 20th of February 2010 12:35:21 PM
Old 02-20-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilversleevesX
Now if someone would just put out a registry tweak to make the Toolbar right-click menu choice "Task Manager" open Process Explorer instead of Windows TM, it'd eliminate the need for shortcut files or hotkey scripts.

Kind of a spoof or a mimic: keep the words "Task Manager" in the menu but have the app or DDE link go to PE instead. Kind of like a hardwired .bat file.

BZT
"Options" -> "Replace Task Manager"
At least it's there in 11.33

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

list windows process

Hello Community, I've got a unix server and 13 pcs with windows. I'm trying to built some tiny winy app to monitorize the windows processes. Any one knows if exist some kind of pstools for unix to communicate with windows. I'm the system administartor so I've got rights in all computers. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncatdesigner
3 Replies

2. Debian

Usually problems with Windows Explorer in w2k3 over server Debian 3.0

Hi. I have problems sometimes going to "My Network Places" in the Windows Explorer. Sometimes works OK and sometimes appears an Explorer.exe Application Popup: <<The instruction at "0x10004160" referenced memory at "0x10004160". The memory could not be "read">> and the Explorer go out or is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: luisben
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

Usually problems with Windows Explorer in w2k3 over server Debian 3.0

Hi. I have problems sometimes going to "My Network Places" in the Windows Explorer. Sometimes works OK and sometimes appears an Explorer.exe Application Popup: <<The instruction at "0x10004160" referenced memory at "0x10004160". The memory could not be "read">> (Event ID: 26 at the Windows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: luisben
0 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Internet Explorer is infected - small windows keep popping up

hello, I have an annoying problem on my Internet Explorer. When I open that browser, after some time advertisement windows just pop up, even if I am not browsing anything, or when the browser is running at the background. That is, the pop-ups don't come from the websites I visit, rather, I... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
17 Replies

5. HP-UX

user can't write on cifs share but OK with Windows Explorer

Share ServerA ==== The Samba server is running on Samba version 3.0.22 based HP CIFS Server A.02.03.04 /opt/cifsclient/sbin/cifsclientd version: HP CIFS Client - Version A.02.02.02 smb file: My previous casw was thew user wasn't able to write to the share from Windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lamoul
1 Replies
Task::Weaken(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Task::Weaken(3)

NAME
Task::Weaken - Ensure that a platform has weaken support DESCRIPTION
One recurring problem in modules that use Scalar::Util's "weaken" function is that it is not present in the pure-perl variant. While this isn't necesarily always a problem in a straight CPAN-based Perl environment, some operating system distributions only include the pure-Perl versions, don't include the XS version, and so weaken is then "missing" from the platform, despite passing a dependency on Scalar::Util successfully. Most notably this is RedHat Linux at time of writing, but other come and go and do the same thing, hence "recurring problem". The normal solution is to manually write tests in each distribution to ensure that "weaken" is available. This restores the functionality testing to a dependency you do once in your Makefile.PL, rather than something you have to write extra tests for each time you write a module. It should also help make the package auto-generators for the various operating systems play more nicely, because it introduces a dependency that they have to have a proper weaken in order to work. How this Task works Part of the problem seems to stem from the fact that some distributions continue to include modules even if they fail some of their tests. To get around that for this module, it will do a few dirty tricks. If Scalar::Util is not available at all, it will issue a normal dependency on the module. However, if Scalar::Util is relatively new ( it is >= 1.19 ) and the module does not have weaken, the install will bail out altogether with a long error encouraging the user to seek support from their vendor (this problem happens most often in vendor-packaged Perl versions). This distribution also contains tests to ensure that weaken is available using more normal methods. So if your module uses "weaken", you can just add the following to your Module::Install-based Makefile.PL (or equivalent). requires 'Task::Weaken' => 0; SUPPORT
Bugs should be always be reported via the CPAN bug tracker at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Task-Weaken> For other issues,contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
Task, Scalar::Util, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2011-03-08 Task::Weaken(3)