Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unicode filenames in C++?
Top Forums Programming Unicode filenames in C++? Post 302396941 by Corona688 on Friday 19th of February 2010 10:35:49 PM
Old 02-19-2010
"doesn't like it"? What do you mean?

You can easily cast a pointer to a char * into an unsigned char *.

I wrote this a while ago to read UTF-8 from strings, converting multibyte chars into their glyph numbers. (and single-byte ones too, trivial that might be. ;p)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unicode

Hi, I have some software I need to install on HP-UX 11iv1 64bit but it must not be set up in unicode mode. I know unicode/ ASCII etc. I don't know how to get unix to switch between these. Is there an environment setting for that? I use the Korn shell. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
2 Replies

2. Programming

How to display unicode characters / unicode string

I have a stream of characters like "\u8BBE\u5907\u7BA1" and i want to display it. I tried following things already without any luck. 1) printf("%s",L("\u8BBE\u5907\u7BA1")); 2) printf("%lc",0x8BBE); 3) setlocale followed by fwide followed by wprintf 4) also changed the local manually... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackdorso
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unicode Support in BIND?

Here at the agency I work for, a need has arisen for a subdomain that utilizes some unicode characters. It has something to do with our foreign clients getting "page could not be displayed" errors in their internationalized browsers. I am still investigating the issue, but I've been asked to find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix and Unicode

All, I'm trying to grasp how to use Unicode with/in Unix. I've made progress on some fronts, for example, when uploading files to my server I can use the intermediary language to convert the file to UTF-8. I'm having trouble getting Samba to do this (I'm using "unix charset" in smb.conf);... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: effigy
4 Replies

5. Programming

Concerned about C and UNICODE

Dear experts, While developping a C UNICODE application under AIX 5.3, I encountered the following problem, and after days of investigations I still could not find any solution. Please note that the application is full wchar_t based (not utf8) and that I could compile and run it without any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tgilbert
4 Replies

6. Programming

unicode problem

on some distributions UTF-32 is the default and i need to change the size of wchar_t to 2 bytes. i tried to compile it with -fwide-exec-charset=UTF-16 but it didn't help. anyone have any ideas? thanks, Akos (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akimaki
3 Replies

7. Programming

Unicode programing in C

im starting to go a little serious with c, woking in a personal project that will read a xml, which might contain Unicode characters (i know it will on my system, which is set to es_AR.UTF-8) im using mxml, and the documentation says it uses utf8 internally (no worries here). so i need to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: broli
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with \u0401 codes ? unicode or something

hello there's some stranges code symbols they looks like this: \u0438 \u0247. unicode i think this code can be viewed by javascript so i need it i need to convert casual characters to this code with perl atm stucked with ord, chr, pack, etc things but they giving other digits (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tip78
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unicode file validation

I don't want HTML_CONTENT,RICH_CONTENT,TEXT_CONTENT columns data in the file and reset of data we need to extract. Find the attached file. Need to extract date in between DI_UX_ROW_END tag. Can help me using unix command using AWK. Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unicode help

is there any way to handle unicode such as ʃʰɐm̆ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreejithalokkan
1 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)