Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem with dump write error Post 302396871 by enkei17 on Friday 19th of February 2010 01:59:42 PM
Old 02-19-2010
Problem with dump write error

I'm watching a log of a backup and i see this

DUMP: write: I/O error
DUMP: Write error 378258 feet into tape 1:

What is the meaning of that that the tape is bad? Thankyou

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dump and restore problem

Hi all, having problem with dump & restore for cloning simple linux system. The command is : dump -0u -f /temp/var.dump /dev/sda5 But somehow the result displayed: ~~~~~~ dump: ACLs in inode #1250760 won't be dumped: Inappropriate ioctl for device dump: ACLs in inode #1250761 won't be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mycoolwater
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Write problem in NFS

Hi Gurus, I am trying to share certain file with NFS. Requirement is to give access to root of another host to some file system which is shared through NFS. Step1. I entered the below line in /etc/dfs/dfstab share -F nfs -o root=sun2 /usr/src ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
3 Replies

4. Solaris

fssnap error :snapshot error: File system could not be write locked

Hi Guys. This is part of my filesystem structure : Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 47G 5.2G 42G 12% / /devices 0K 0K 0K 0% /devices ctfs 0K 0K 0K 0% ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to catch the output after core dump and bus error

I have a weird situation in which the binary dumps core and gives bus error. But before dumping the core and throwing the buss error, it gives some output. unfortunately I can't grep the output before core dump db2bfd -b test.bnd maxSect 15 Bus Error (core dumped) But if I do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
4 Replies

6. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Segmentation Fault(Core Dump) Error

Hi all, I have a folder with some 28 files. I have a script file that will iteratively take one file at a time from the folder and provide an output for the input file. Till the 7th file, there was no problem but from the 8th file onwards, i got this Segmentation Fault(Core Dump) error. A file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mick_000
2 Replies

8. Solaris

ipsec error seen in ikeadm dump p1 output

****** (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: meghnasreddy
0 Replies

9. Programming

Core dump error in code

HI, I am getting run time error when am trying to compile the following coe can any one please help me while (fgets(strLine, MAX_LINELEN, vobjFile) != NULL && feof(vobjFile) == 0) { printf("this is the first loop\n"); while (strcmp(strLine, "BEGINTRANS\n") !=... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday.sena.m
5 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem in import & expdp Dump file

Hi all, i face a problem on (oracle database) installed on server Linux i need to export back as dump file, when i try to export give me the below error. # expdp system/oracle directory=test dumpfile=Prodfb20150311.dmp logfile=Prodfb20150311.log FULL=y Export: Release 11.2.0.1.0 -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clerck
2 Replies
I2C-STUB-FROM-DUMP(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     I2C-STUB-FROM-DUMP(8)

NAME
i2c-stub-from-dump - feed i2c-stub with dump files SYNOPSIS
i2c-stub-from-dump address[,address,...] dump-file [dump-file ...] DESCRIPTION
i2c-stub-from-dump is a small helper script for the i2c-stub kernel driver. It lets you setup one or more fake I2C chips on the i2c-stub bus based on dumps of the chips you want to emulate. i2c-stub-from-dump requires i2cdetect and i2cset to be installed and reachable through the user's PATH. The former is used to find out the i2c-stub bus number, while the latter is used to write to the fake I2C chips. EXAMPLE
You have an I2C chip on system A. You would like to do some development on its driver on system B. Here are the few steps you have to fol- low. On system A, use i2cdump to capture a dump from the chip. Assuming that the chip in question lives at address 0x4c on I2C bus 0, you would run: i2cdump -y 0 0x4c b > chip.dump Adjust the bus number and chip address for your case. i2cdetect can help you find out their values. If the device uses word (16-bit) regis- ter access instead of the traditional byte (8-bit) access, use mode w instead of b. Copy the dump file to system B. On system B, run: i2c-stub-from-dump 0x4c chip.dump This will load the required i2c-dev and i2c-stub kernel drivers if needed, then write all the register values to the emulated I2C chip at address 0x4c. Again, adjust the address as needed. LIMITATIONS
There are some limitations to the kind of devices that can be handled: o Device must not have banks (as most Winbond devices do). SEE ALSO
i2cdump(8), i2cdetect(8), i2cset(8) AUTHOR
Jean Delvare March 2010 I2C-STUB-FROM-DUMP(8)