Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Turbo C
Top Forums Programming Turbo C Post 302396848 by Corona688 on Friday 19th of February 2010 12:50:01 PM
Old 02-19-2010
Turbo C is a C compiler for DOS that hasn't been extant for about 20 years. It's very out of date, missing quite a lot of headers that code these days demands, has others renamed to things you'd never guess, can only compile 16-bit code, is highly quirky, and really isn't good anything but DOS development. It has to run under DOS emulation to work at all in modern Windows, let alone any UNIX. About all I appreciate in it these days are the help files:

As such any C tutorials I find for you are unlikely to apply to the old, strange dialect of the C standards Turbo C understands. It may be a free release now, but there's better free compilers than this. What is your system?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How can i get start both sco unix and turbo linux?

I think and believe that i could start both the two OS from HardDisk until i installed Turbo Linux after the SCO unix . If I do anything ,Ican only start Turbo,but if i run "fdisk /mbr",the SCO unix can normally start,but the Turbo Linux could not start with unless you insert the bootdisket,which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sensir163
4 Replies

2. Linux

Equivalent function of [ kbhit() ] In TURBO C

ANy one knows equivalent function of which in Turbo C. I want to Execute Certain loop until any key is pressed. i.e while(!kbhit) { ---------- ---------- } This code work fine in DOS but NOt in LINUX i try to use but not getting the expected result ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: niravuchat
0 Replies

3. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Running Turbo-cad and circuit wizard programmes.

Hi. i am new to Linux. i have a Turbo-cad and circuit wizard programme on CD that I want to install and run. I keep getting the message I do not have an auto-run programme. Do I need to install specific drivers for this? What programme do I need? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alfred Kruger
1 Replies
img-intro(n)															      img-intro(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
img-intro - Introduction to Img SYNOPSIS
package require Tk package require Img ?1.4? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Img is a Tk extension, adding support for many other Image formats, as listed below. The individual formats are described in more detail on their own pages. bmp Windows bitmap format. See img-bmp. dted DTED terrain elevation data interpreted as image. See img-dted. gif The venerable graphics interchange format (with transparency, but without LZW. The latter due to patent issues). See img-gif. ico Windows icon files. See img-ico. jpeg The format for lossy compressed still pictures specified by the Joint Picture Experts Group. See img-jpeg. pcx Paintbrush image format. See img-pcx. pixmap While the other formats are handlers for the Tk photo image type this is a new image type for Tk. See img-pixmap. png Portable Network Graphics, successor to GIF. See img-png. ppm Portable Pixmaps. See img-ppm. ps Postscript and PDF (Portable document format). Requires an external application, ghostview, for its operation. See img-ps. raw Raw matrix data interpreted as image. See img-raw. sgi Native SGI format. See img-sgi. sun Sun raster images. See img-sun. tga Targa files. See img-tga. tiff Tagged Interchange File Format. See img-tiff. window Put the content of a Tk window into an image. See img-window. xbm X Bitmaps. See img-xbm. xpm X Pixmaps. See img-xpm. This version only works with Tcl/Tk 8.3 or higher. If you are using Tk 8.2, please use Img 1.3. If you are using Tk 8.1 or lower please stick with Img 1.2.4 (which is still available). And if you are using Tk4.2 or lower, please stick with Img 1.1.4 (which is also still available). SEE ALSO
img-bmp, img-dted, img-gif, img-ico, img-jpeg, img-pcx, img-pixmap, img-png, img-ppm, img-ps, img-raw, img-sgi, img-sun, img-tga, img-tiff, img-window, img-xbm, img-xpm KEYWORDS
bmp, gif, ico, image handling, jpeg, pcx, pdf, pixmap, png, postscript, ppm, ps, sgi, sun, tga, tiff, tk, window, xbm, xpm COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995-2009 Jan Nijtmans <nijtmans@users.sourceforge.net> Img 1.4 img-intro(n)