Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX DCE fail to start Initial Directory server - help Post 302396701 by zaxxon on Friday 19th of February 2010 05:22:02 AM
Old 02-19-2010
Got not much clue of DCE - we just used it as underlying suit for some other application, but this line could be worth a try:

Code:
/opt/dcelocal/var/directory/cds/ngmeth.mydomain.com

Not sure if this is resulting from a dummy entry in your config or if this file is really needed - maybe direct it to the correct file or uncomment and retry. Just a guess.

We have no DCE installation anymore so I can't check it sorry. Also DCE is out of support with IBM afaik.

Sorry I don't have more help at hand, gl.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail fail to find internal server

I am getting a "connection to the server has failed" error when trying send out internal email. this will be like this for maybe four hours then it will start working for no reason. then it will stop again. the only constant i have is if i reboot the server the send mail will work for about an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jrblanton
1 Replies

2. AIX

DCE Authentication timeout value in aix.

Hi, How to get the DCE timeout value in aix os? Thanks.. Prabhu. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabhuv
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

error: dce/rpc.h: No such file or directory

hello every one, when i am compiling c++ module in the HP-UX machine ,it's throughing the following error. swtemp/usbs/cc/unix-ce/root/subsys/include/udcex_export.h:15:21: error: dce/rpc.h: No such file or directory /swtemp/usbs/cc/unix-ce/root/subsys/include/udcex_export.h:16:21: error:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannam srinivas
0 Replies

4. Solaris

To Shut down the server. Do the Maintainance and Start Up the server

Hello All I just want to know how to Shut Down the Solaris Machines( Servers ) for Maintainance and then Start Up the Machines ( Servers ) . I think I will have to Log In as root to do that . Also how do i Check if all the services running on that server before shut down are running... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: supercops
6 Replies

5. HP-UX

%Internal DCE Threads problem (version CMA BL10+)

Hi, I have a module by the name gateway, and it core dumps and gives a cma_dump.log file which says: %Internal DCE Threads problem (version CMA BL10+), terminating execution. % Reason: dispatch: no available VP (uniprocessor) The current thread is 3 (address 0x40107c40) DECthreads... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanz
0 Replies

6. AIX

Installed AIX6.1 in LPAR, but fail to start xclock

I have clean installed AIX6.1 in this partition. I want to run xclock but it fail to run :( I have launch export DISPLAY=10.23.17.60:0 Then launch xclock but it will produce some error saying it failed. Error: Can't open display: 10.23.177.60:0 When i try to google around, some say... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wingcross
5 Replies

7. IP Networking

TCP initial congestion window (slow-start)

I have noticed that the initial congestion window in my traces is 8920bytes~=6*1448. rfc3390 states the initial cwand should be max 4000 bytes(around 3*1448). At first i thought it might be because i'm running my server on mac os x, so apple might have modified the tcp stack. Therefore I tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddayan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help ssh key fail on remote server

Hello everyone, I need some help writing a bash script to: 1. ssh from a jumpserver to 50 remote servers logging in automatically using ssh keys and capture if zabbix is running by running a "ps -ef | grep zabbix" and output to a logfile capturing the server hostname and ps -ef output to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vtowntechy
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

Connection to DB from client server through jdbc:Oracle:Oci8 fail

We tried to use to connect to DB using jdbc:Oracle:Oci8:@<SERVICE-A>. Connection fail / refuse with one DB .But its working with other databases. But through toad, jdbc thin client were able to connect. But this has happen suddenly and were able to connect previously. How to navigate this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: udara
0 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Is it mandatory or not to stop/start Applcation server ehen Restarting Database Server?

Good afternoon I need your help please. There is a Mantenance Windos which needs to Restart de Database Server 192.x.x.97 to set up some configuration Is it mandatory or not to stop/start Applcation server that runs in 192.x.x.95 ? Is it mandatory or not to stop/start apache and Tomcat?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
3 Replies
cdsadv(1m)																cdsadv(1m)

NAME
cdsadv - Starts the CDS client daemon SYNOPSIS
cdsadv [-c] [-D] [-s] [-w route] ARGUMENTS
Specifies cache size in kilobytes. Changing cache sizes causes previously cached information to be discarded, including information about cached servers, so use of this option may necessitate defining a new cached server. NOTE : Alternatively this can be done by using the tunable parameter cdsadv.cache_size provided in the /opt/dcelocal/etc/cds.conf file. This parameter takes a cache size in KiloBytes as shown: cdsadv.cache_size: 512 and sets the cdsadv cache size to 512 KiloBytes. cdsadv needs to be restarted for this value to be effective. This is the recommended method to set cdsadv cache size. For debugging use only. Causes the cdsadv process not to fork. Causes the cdsadv not to send or receive advertisements. This argument can be used for diagnostic work involving multiple servers on the same local area network to limit access to those servers identified with the define cached server command. Routes serviceability messages. DESCRIPTION
The cdsadv command starts the CDS client daemon. Privilege Required You must log in as superuser (root). NOTES
This command is ordinarily executed by a DCE configuration or startup script. You should use this command interactively only when cdsadv fails to start automatically after a reboot, or if you want to restart cdsadv after disabling it to perform a backup or to do diagnostic work on the host system. EXAMPLE
To restart cdsadv, follow these steps: Log in to the clerk system as superuser (root). Verify that the dced process is running. Enter the following command to restart the cdsadv process: # cdsadv RELATED INFORMATION
Books: OSF DCE Administration Guide cdsadv(1m)