Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Script to auto restart a service Post 302396632 by ajazshariff on Friday 19th of February 2010 02:02:20 AM
Old 02-19-2010
Script to auto restart a service

Hi All,
May i please know if it is possible to write a script to check the log messages and automatically restart a service if it is failed or it is stopped.

Appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Eajaz

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto Detection/Restart of Sybase Deadlocks

Does anyone have an example of a ksh script that executes a Sybase stored procedure, via the ISQL command, and can detect a deadlock and loop until the process completes successfully? I'm a little confused on where to start. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BCarlson
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Service Restart Netbackup

For vertitas netbackup 6.0 I have media server :Solaris Client server: Windows I want to restart the netbackup service on the media server . plz suggest ASAP. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restart a Service!!

Hello, I am trying to write a script which will monitor few processes(winbind) for cpu utilization, If the process consumes more than say 99% cpu for 3 minutes, I want to run a script to restart the service which forks the process. ---------- Post updated at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous update... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxaddict7
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto restart script does not work

I have a service that are not 100% stable and stops from time to time. So I have a script that do restart the service if it does not run. This script works win on Ubuntu 9.04 but will not start the service in Ubuntu 10.10 If I run the part that do starts the service from CLI, it starts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Opinion on auto-restart of failed apps/services

I'm becoming a dying breed where I work. More and more sys admins are advocating automatically restarting failed services such as tomcat, jboss, etc. I've always been against doing this except with buggy apps that can't be fixed or avoided. My main argument is that I feel it's a trick used by... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mglenney
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Restart Service with Password

Hi All, Requirement : I need to check for some services in my environment and restart the service if its not running. I have written script to check the script if its running or not. While if its not running i need to restart it using ./start command. But it will ask for password prompt and i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepbaliga
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to restart a service in secondary server.

Can any one help me with a script to restart secondary server and sync data in it.. smsc101-0:ssh smsc101-1 "invoke-rc.d smsc restart" pwd:*** smsc101-0:rsync -avz /usr/local/smsc/data smsc101-1:/usr/local/npac/data (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinuku
1 Replies

8. SuSE

Service restart daily

Hi, Beside using crontab, what is other application we can set it? Normally I check using command crontab -l. Any other path I need to check? Please guide me. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Restart service xinit.d or init.d ?

Hello How do I restart init.d ?? (centos 6.5) Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to auto restart java for 100 percent

I want the tomcat to restart when java goes 100% cpu utilize and remain on this , Get pid kill and start tomcat . top | grep java We can get pid and cpu utilize , But how can we do on run time. Please use code tags as required by forum rules! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
1 Replies
DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)						     Debhelper						       DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)

NAME
dh_systemd_start - start/stop/restart systemd unit files SYNOPSIS
dh_systemd_start [debhelperoptions] [--restart-after-upgrade] [--no-stop-on-upgrade] [unitfile...] DESCRIPTION
dh_systemd_start is a debhelper program that is responsible for starting/stopping or restarting systemd unit files in case no corresponding sysv init script is available. As with dh_installinit, the unit file is stopped before upgrades and started afterwards (unless --restart-after-upgrade is specified, in which case it will only be restarted after the upgrade). This logic is not used when there is a corresponding SysV init script because invoke-rc.d performs the stop/start/restart in that case. OPTIONS
--restart-after-upgrade Do not stop the unit file until after the package upgrade has been completed. This is the default behaviour in compat 10. In earlier compat levels the default was to stop the unit file in the prerm, and start it again in the postinst. This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option. --no-restart-after-upgrade Undo a previous --restart-after-upgrade (or the default of compat 10). If no other options are given, this will cause the service to be stopped in the prerm script and started again in the postinst script. -r, --no-stop-on-upgrade, --no-restart-on-upgrade Do not stop service on upgrade. --no-start Do not start the unit file after upgrades and after initial installation (the latter is only relevant for services without a corresponding init script). NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command (with the same arguments). Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. Note that dh_systemd_start should be run after dh_installinit so that it can detect corresponding SysV init scripts. The default sequence in dh does the right thing, this note is only relevant when you are calling dh_systemd_start manually. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) AUTHORS
pkg-systemd-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)