Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Growing a file system-SVM
Operating Systems Solaris Growing a file system-SVM Post 302396630 by madanmeer on Friday 19th of February 2010 01:58:41 AM
Old 02-19-2010
ya v have extra disks..can u tel me whether t procedure which im gona tel now is t rite one????here i start..first attach a disk and then use growfs command to attach it to the file syatem that has to be expanded...like growfs -M <mt pt tat is /pin02> attached disk name..is this rite???

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to check a file in UNIX is closed or growing?

We have a third party tool in UNIX to kick off a 'file copy' job based on a file existance. If a specific file exists in an UNIX directory, another process should start copy the file into another system for further processing. The issue is, the copy job is starting as soon as the file exists in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kslakshm
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.osm file growing

my /etc/.osm file is growing rapidly and logging large amounts of activity. Can anyone tell me what this file is for and what types of information is logged in this file. Thanks in advance for your help!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: golfs4us
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find out the maximum growing file in a mount

I need to find the file that is growing in the mount. Say yesterday the utilised space was 95% but today that is 96%. How do i find the file that is growing in size. Have checked the same with du/df options but was not able to find much. Please suggest the best possible option. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raman1605
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

how to redirect the growing contents of log file to another file in unix

how to redirect the growing contents of log file to another file in unix (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the file which is growing at high speed

Hi, A log file which is growing at high speed, don't know the name of it. How to find the respective file? Many thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How to extend an existing file system using SVM in solaris 10

Hi All I want to extend this file system to 120Gb: df -h /xyz Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d80 98G 35G 62G 37% /xyzand the NetApp admin is going to give me an LUN with 22Gb. This file system is mounted on: metastat d80... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fretagi
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Incremental extract from growing log file.

We have a log file which has 16 million row. We want to read all the lines appended from the last time we read using sed command sed -n '<START_LINE>,<LAST_LINE>p' abc.csv I can store this last line line so I can give replace that with START_LINE in my next read. The problem is wc -l which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: one2connect
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check if my log file is growing properly?

Hi All, I want to check if one my log file is updating properly, how can I achieve it. The approach I am trying is to get the file size at two different interval and than comparing it eg : $ ls -ltr | tail -1 | awk '{print $5}' 20480 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Extending the / file system (SVM)

Hi, I currently have a Solaris 10 server with the / root file system using SVM. Here is the information of the current setup. Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 3.0G 635M 2.3G 22% / bash-3.2# metastat d0 d0: Mirror ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MR.bean
3 Replies

10. AIX

Pinned system memory growing constantly

Hi, Pre data: a server running AIX 6.1 TL9 with 2GB memory and a small amount of CPU, running a very light workload. I have a server which crashed on lack of memory. After the crash I found - using nmon analyser - that there was something eating up memory. Nmon referred to it as "system". ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trifo75
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)