Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can I execute a shell script from an html link? Post 302396428 by Scott on Thursday 18th of February 2010 11:31:16 AM
Old 02-18-2010
Hi.

The simplest way is probably just to put the script into your cgi-bin directory.

You need something like this at the top of your script (after the shebang, but before echoíng anything else), otherwise you'll get a 500 error.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
echo "Content-type: text/html"
echo

and then have a link to the script in your web page:
i.e.
Code:
<a href="/cgi-bin/myScript.sh">Run Script</a>

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

needed very good link for Shell script

I am new to shell script.I need a link which explains basic concepts for shell scrpting (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajareddy_24
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to create a link

Hi All, I have a problem to writing a shell script to create a soft link in some other directory For eg: /opt/Shreedhar/Naik is directory now i need to write shell script in the path /opt/Shreedhar/Naik which should create a soft link in /opt/Shreedhar. I have tried to write the script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shreedhar Naik
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script -- symbolic link

Hi , pwd -P will give the physical directory name for symbolic names. is there any command to get the value of symbolic link ? if it's symbolic link , I have to get the physical directory name? any ideas to code in shell ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
3 Replies

4. Web Development

html link to images in /tmp directory

Because of permission issues, I need to link to images in my web page which are stored in /tmp which of course is located in the root directory but my actual html page is much further down in another directory. I thought the the following code should work, but the image comes up as a broken link:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solerous
2 Replies

5. Web Development

Rewrite rules to change “link.html?hl=es” to “/es/link.html” etc?

Hey! Does anyone know how to create rewrite rules to change: “link.html?hl=en” to “/en/link.html” “link.html?hl=jp” to “/jp/link.html” “link.html?hl=es” to “/es/link.html” etc? Where "link.html" changes based on the page request? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use ssh execute other shell script on other host (shell script include nohup)?

i want use ssh on the host01 to execute autoexec.sh on the host02 like following : host01> ssh host02 autoexec.sh autoexec.sh include nohup command like follwing : nohup /home/jack/deletedata.sh & after i execute ssh host02 autoexec.sh one the host01. i can't found deletedata.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orablue
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to write a script or program to automatic execute and link input file data

Output file template format <input_file_name>a</input_file_name> <total_length_size>b</total_length_size> <log_10_length_size>c</log_10_length_size> Input_file_1 (eg. sample.txt) SDFSDGDGSFGRTREREYWW Parameter: a is equal to the input file name b is equal to the total length of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

execute shell script using CGI for html site

hi there im currently in the process of creating a website for use basically within our org. im using a os x machine and installed MAMP - which includes Apache, mysql... the site will be used by techs to primarily install pkgs files onto os x devices. i would like to have buttons or hyperlinks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheshe
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to execute a script to populate all directories with index.html

Hello, I am trying to create a php file that would copy given index.html file to all directories (and subdirectories) on my site that don't have one. This is to prevent directory listings on nginx. This index.html file is placed in the /populate directory and looks like this: <html> <head>... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: teletubby
7 Replies
Test::Script::Run(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Test::Script::Run(3pm)

NAME
Test::Script::Run - test the script with run SYNOPSIS
use Test::Script::Run; # customized names of bin dirs, default is qw/bin sbin script ./; @Test::Script::Run::BIN_DIRS = qw/bin/; run_ok( 'app_name', [ app's args ], 'you_app runs ok' ); my ( $return, $stdout, $stderr ) = run_script( 'app_name', [ app's args ] ); run_output_matches( 'app_name', [app's args], [ 'out line 1', 'out line 2' ], [ 'err line 1', 'err line 2' ], 'run_output_matches' ); run_output_matches_unordered( 'app_name', [ app's args ], [ 'out line 2', 'out line 1' ], [ 'err line 2', 'err line 1' ], 'run_output_matches_unordered' ); DESCRIPTION
This module exports some subs to help test and run scripts in your dist's bin/ directory, if the script path is not absolute. Nearly all the essential code is stolen from Prophet::Test, we think subs like those should live below "Test::" namespace, that's why we packed them and created this module. FUNCTIONS
run_script($script, $args, $stdout, $stderr) Runs the script $script as a perl script, setting the @INC to the same as our caller. $script is the name of the script to be run (such as 'prophet'). $args is a reference to an array of arguments to pass to the script. $stdout and $stderr are both optional; if passed in, they will be passed to IPC::Run3's run3 subroutineA as its $stdout and $stderr args. Otherwise, this subroutine will create scalar references to pass to run3 instead (which are treated as strings for STDOUT/STDERR to be written to). Returns run3's return value and, if no $stdout and $stderr were passed in, the STDOUT and STDERR of the script that was run. run_ok($script, $args, $msg) Runs the script, checking that it didn't error out. $script is the name of the script to be run (e.g. 'prophet'). $args is an optional reference to an array of arguments to pass to the script when it is run. $msg is an optional message to print with the test. If $args is not specified, you can still pass in a $msg. Returns nothing of interest. run_not_ok($script, $args, $msg) opposite of run_ok get_perl_cmd($script, @ARGS) Returns a list suitable for passing to "system", "exec", etc. If you pass $script then we will search upwards for it in @BIN_DIRS is_script_output($scriptname @args, @stdout_match, @stderr_match, $msg) Runs $scriptname, checking to see that its output matches. $args is an array reference of args to pass to the script. $stdout_match and $stderr_match are references to arrays of expected lines. $msg is a string message to display with the test. $stderr_match and $msg are optional. (As is $stdout_match if for some reason you expect your script to have no output at all. But that would be silly, wouldn't it?) Allows regex matches as well as string equality (lines in $stdout_match and $stderr_match may be Regexp objects). run_output_matches($script, $args, $exp_stdout, $exp_stderr, $msg) A wrapper around is_script_output that also checks to make sure the test runs without throwing an exception. run_output_matches_unordered($script, $args, $exp_stdout, $exp_stderr, $msg) This subroutine has exactly the same functionality as run_output_matches, but doesn't impose a line ordering when comparing the expected and received outputs. last_script_stdout return last script's stdout last_script_stderr return last script's stderr last_script_exit_code return last script's exit code DEPENDENCIES
Test::More, Test::Exception, IPC::Run3, File::Basename, File::Spec BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
No bugs have been reported. AUTHOR
sunnavy "<sunnavy@bestpractical.com>" LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2009 Best Practical Solutions. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2011-01-07 Test::Script::Run(3pm)