Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking my wireless usb adapter connect to net but the signal is very weak Post 302396373 by Corona688 on Thursday 18th of February 2010 09:11:27 AM
Old 02-18-2010
Okay, you even have an IP address so you seem to be able to talk to the router... How well we don't know yet.

It could potentially be an MTU problem. Try 'ifconfig wlan0 mtu 1364' and see if that helps.

If not, post the output of 'ping -c 4 192.168.1.1' so we can see how well your system can talk to the router. Then 'ping -c 4 66.82.4.8' to see if you can actually get through to the internet at all with it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

strengthening wireless signal

How can I strengthen a 2.4 GHZ 802.11b wireless signal? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
4 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

A recommended linux wireless usb adaptor

Hi guys, I've been a linux user for a day now and we are planning of moving from windows to gentoo. unfortunately were having a heck of a trouble in configuring linksys wusb adaptor on our linux box. we got so tired of looking for any linux drivers or ndiswrapper blah for these critters but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 3rr0r_3rr0r
1 Replies

3. Linux

wireless USB

got a wireless usb network card. how can i make it work under redhat9?. it does not come with linux driver. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GJ2
0 Replies

4. Solaris

USB to Serial Adapter connection

Hi Community, I'm working on Sun Server V490 with my PC (with OS Vista). I'm using a USB to Serial Adapter to connect to Server directly. I've this problem, I'm connecting to Server with Putty client with this settings: boud rate 9600, 8 bit, 0 parity, 0 flow control, but after to have typed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Detecting wirelss USB Adapter

Hi, i try to plug in my USB wireless adapter to my sun solaris server. However, it cannot detect it. How do i set it so that it can detect it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lkyow
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Help reqd in installing wireless usb on fed 14

Hello all, I am fed up on trying to install my newly purchased usb wireless antenna to my fedora14 machine; so I seek help of all you linux masterminds out there. It worked well in my Win XP. Please help me in setting up it to my Fedora. . Details follows: The device model is : Aztech... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsabarinath
5 Replies

7. Hardware

Configuring a D-Link DWA-130 Wireless Adapter

How do I configure my wireless adapter to access the internet? I am running PCLinuxOS 2010. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryan352333
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Cannot configure TL-WN727N wireless usb in centos 6.2

hi everybody, iam using 32 bit centos 6.2 on my machine. i have purchase TP-LINK, TL-WN727N wireless usb, but i was not able to install on my desktop. i was not able to find drivers for centos 6.2 official site of TPLINK. $ uname -a Linux workstation 2.6.32-220.el6.i686 #1 SMP Tue Dec 6... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paruhang
0 Replies

9. Hardware

Problematic RTL8188EE Wireless Network Adapter

Good Day All, There are numerous results when searching google on this issue, however, none seem to have a solution. I have read until my eyes bleed and banged my head on the table more than once! :) I am hoping to resolve this issue -- or at least have a decent workaround. It is a real... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: RogerBaran
13 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Could not connect to wireless network

I run lubuntu from usb (try lubuntu, it's not install on my pc ) And i try to connect to network I see the network name And i put the pass But it's not connect.. I tried to open hot spot on my phone and try to connect and it's not connect I have edumax n150 Try to install new driver -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: popcoern
0 Replies
STRUCT 
USB_COMPOSITE(9) Kernel Mode Gadget API STRUCT USB_COMPOSITE(9) NAME
struct_usb_composite_dev - represents one composite usb gadget SYNOPSIS
struct usb_composite_dev { struct usb_gadget * gadget; struct usb_request * req; unsigned bufsiz; struct usb_configuration * config; }; MEMBERS
gadget read-only, abstracts the gadget's usb peripheral controller req used for control responses; buffer is pre-allocated bufsiz size of buffer pre-allocated in req config the currently active configuration DESCRIPTION
One of these devices is allocated and initialized before the associated device driver's bind is called. OPEN ISSUE
it appears that some WUSB devices will need to be built by combining a normal (wired) gadget with a wireless one. This revision of the gadget framework should probably try to make sure doing that won't hurt too much. ONE NOTION FOR HOW TO HANDLE WIRELESS USB DEVICES INVOLVES
(a) a second gadget here, discovery mechanism TBD, but likely needing separate "register/unregister WUSB gadget" calls; (b) updates to usb_gadget to include flags "is it wireless", "is it wired", plus (presumably in a wrapper structure) bandgroup and PHY info; (c) presumably a wireless_ep wrapping a usb_ep, and reporting wireless-specific parameters like maxburst and maxsequence; (d) configurations that are specific to wireless links; (e) function drivers that understand wireless configs and will support wireless for (additional) function instances; (f) a function to support association setup (like CBAF), not necessarily requiring a wireless adapter; (g) composite device setup that can create one or more wireless configs, including appropriate association setup support; (h) more, TBD. AUTHOR
David Brownell <dbrownell@users.sourceforge.net> Author. COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 2.6. July 2010 STRUCT USB_COMPOSITE(9)