Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Undo vgextend
Operating Systems HP-UX Undo vgextend Post 302396365 by vbe on Thursday 18th of February 2010 08:41:10 AM
Old 02-18-2010
Thanks to methyl (I missed the PVG /striping) I realize you would have take in account the stripe size if you were to do the thing properly in order to free the same amount on all four disks...
I forgot to say : Although I never had issues in HP-UX with reducing LVM / FS, It is more than advisable to not forget to backup before...
Then you would need to reorganize the FS before to be sure there is nothing in the block you remove:
Code:
fsadm -F vxfs -D -d -E -e -s /p05

It takes some time (your remember DOS defragmentation?...)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Undo delete

HI folks, I have just deleted a folder which i need it back. I am not a big unix user so any help is appreciated. The thing is that i had found images in a folder: ./home/tom/.kde/share/cache/http/b/.jpg as you can see these images should not really be here. When i asked a guy in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cormacodonnell
7 Replies

2. AIX

undo installation on AIX 4.3

Hi, How can I undo installation of a package on AIX 4.3 properly? It's an install script. On linux, I usually just kill the process and delete from disk with this command "find .... exec rm -r {}\;". And it usually works. Can I do the same with AIX 4.3? Thanks, Itik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

how to undo the last installed update on fedora.

Hi All, I'm a newbie to system administration, I'd like to know how to check the logs (what update was installed last) , and I'd like to know how to undo the last update on the fedora 9 system ( kindof an equivalent to system restore in windows). I have a HP 22 inch monitor, when I installed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doing undo in Vi editor

I generally use 'u' to do undo in vi editor. The problem is that it only does one level of undo. Is it possible to recursively undo all the changes in vi editor till we reach the original stage. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkalra
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

HPUX 11.31 vgextend fail

Hi, when i try to add new disk, it's an XP disk from SAN (lun) to the volume group, it fails because "TOO MANY LINKS" :/etc/cmcluster/icastst$ vgextend /dev/vgicastst /dev/disk/disk684 Current path "/dev/dsk/c51t8d3" is an alternate link, skip. Current path "/dev/dsk/c51t8d4" is an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I undo a link?

Hi. Newbie here....so Unix for Dummies question for sure. I was compiling a piece of software and having problems and somebody suggested: sudo ln -s /usr/X11 /usr/X11R6 Didn't work. How do I undo this? I am on a Mac OS X snow leopard. I figure it is something with the unlink command... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stoucha
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Undo in unix

Hi All, Is there any undo option is there in unix same as recycle bin in windows? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
5 Replies

8. Solaris

disabled nwam - how to undo?

I installed Solaris 11 Express on my machine and connected to it remotely using putty. I then run the svcadm disable /network/physical:nwam command to stop the NWAM service. Now I cannot connect to the Solaris machine remotely anymore, but I have physical access to it as well. How do I undo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RychnD
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to undo hyphenation in columns

I have a file with two columns (output from Tivoli Storage Manager) where each column has 13 character spaces and they are separated by 5 spaces. The columns are schedule names and node names and many of them are longer than 13 characters so they get hyphenated by TSM during the output. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jongudm
3 Replies

10. AIX

mount /test / is it possible to undo?

Hello! As a totally newbie I was testing 'mount' command but it doesn't worked for me. then finally I used this commend above 'mount /test / ' - and sever doesn't respond now :/ Is it possible to undo somehow this commanand? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jui_01
5 Replies
LVRESIZE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       LVRESIZE(8)

NAME
lvresize - resize a logical volume SYNOPSIS
lvresize [--alloc AllocationPolicy] [--noudevsync] [-i|--stripes Stripes [-I|--stripesize StripeSize]] {[-l|--extents [+|-]LogicalEx- tentsNumber[%{VG|LV|PVS|FREE|ORIGIN}] | [-L|--size [+|-]LogicalVolumeSize[bBsSkKmMgGtTpPeE]} [-f|--force] [-n|--nofsck] [-r|--resizefs] LogicalVolume{Name|Path} [PhysicalVolumePath[:PE[-PE]]...] DESCRIPTION
lvresize allows you to resize a logical volume. Be careful when reducing a logical volume's size, because data in the reduced part is lost!!! You should therefore ensure that any filesystem on the volume is shrunk first so that the extents that are to be removed are not in use. Resizing snapshot logical volumes (see lvcreate(8) for information about creating snapshots) is supported as well. But to change the number of copies in a mirrored logical volume use lvconvert(8). OPTIONS
See lvm(8) for common options. -f, --force Force resize without prompting even when it may cause data loss. -n, --nofsck Do not perform fsck before resizing filesystem when filesystem requires it. You may need to use --force to proceed with this option. -r, --resizefs Resize underlying filesystem together with the logical volume using fsadm(8). -l, --extents [+|-]LogicalExtentsNumber[%{VG|LV|PVS|FREE|ORIGIN}] Change or set the logical volume size in units of logical extents. With the + or - sign the value is added to or subtracted from the actual size of the logical volume and without it, the value is taken as an absolute one. The number can also be expressed as a percentage of the total space in the Volume Group with the suffix %VG, relative to the existing size of the Logical Volume with the suffix %LV, as a percentage of the remaining free space of the PhysicalVolumes on the command line with the suffix %PVS, as a per- centage of the remaining free space in the Volume Group with the suffix %FREE, or (for a snapshot) as a percentage of the total space in the Origin Logical Volume with the suffix %ORIGIN. The resulting value is rounded downward for the substraction otherwise it is rounded upward. -L, --size [+|-]LogicalVolumeSize[bBsSkKmMgGtTpPeE] Change or set the logical volume size in units of megabytes. A size suffix of M for megabytes, G for gigabytes, T for terabytes, P for petabytes or E for exabytes is optional. With the + or - sign the value is added or subtracted from the actual size of the log- ical volume and rounded to the full extent size and without it, the value is taken as an absolute one. -i, --stripes Stripes Gives the number of stripes to use when extending a Logical Volume. Defaults to whatever the last segment of the Logical Volume uses. Not applicable to LVs using the original metadata LVM format, which must use a single value throughout. -I, --stripesize StripeSize Gives the number of kilobytes for the granularity of the stripes. Defaults to whatever the last segment of the Logical Volume uses. Not applicable to LVs using the original metadata LVM format, which must use a single value throughout. StripeSize must be 2^n (n = 2 to 9). --noudevsync Disable udev synchronisation. The process will not wait for notification from udev. It will continue irrespective of any possible udev processing in the background. You should only use this if udev is not running or has rules that ignore the devices LVM2 cre- ates. EXAMPLES
Extend a logical volume vg1/lv1 by 16MB using physical extents /dev/sda:0-1 and /dev/sdb:0-1 for allocation of extents: lvresize -L+16M vg1/lv1 /dev/sda:0-1 /dev/sdb:0-1 SEE ALSO
fsadm(8), lvm(8), lvconvert(8), lvcreate(8), lvreduce(8), lvchange(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) LVRESIZE(8)