Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Server Staus offline to online -Shell script Post 302396305 by chowdary_m on Thursday 18th of February 2010 06:33:24 AM
Old 02-18-2010
Bug Server Staus offline to online -Shell script

Hi,

We put cron entry :whenever server is offline(checks every 5 minutes) it sends status to mailer group.

The number of messages (offline)were growing in our mailbox.How to avoid not to send offline messages after the first one through shell script.

Thanks in advance.

Chowdary

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Cluster group offline then online in 2 minutes

Hi , we are using Veritas cluster server on solaris 8. Suddenly one application group was offline and online after 2 minutes.. I have checked VCS log.. "VCS INFO V-16-1-50135 User reuters fired command: hares -offline middleman_proc server01 from 127.0.0.1" Does anyone faced this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddk2oo5
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command for CPU online/offline status in bash shell

Hi , How do i check that the CPU is online/offline in a multi CPU machine in Linux ? i tired /proc/cpuinfo dmesg nothing gave me the currect CPU status. Pls help !! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to Monitor raid staus --Sun Volume manager

We use Sun Volume manager to mirror root disks and other local disks... Is there any script to monitor raid status across all machines send output thru email? Help is appreciated. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriny
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Hi all in my server all nfs dependices are online but nfs client is offline root@BIWAPP1 # svcs -a|grep nfs disabled Sep_05 svc:/network/nfs/server:default online Sep_05 svc:/network/nfs/rquota:default online Sep_05 svc:/network/nfs/mapid:default online ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: spandhan
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to find any device online/offline

what is the command for checking which device active and which is not active (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to recover services from offline to online?

Dear all, How to recover the Dns service from offline to online? I used the command " svcadm enable dns/client" the command is executing but again its showing service is offline. pls clarify and give me suggesstion... Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: masthan25
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris: Fault Management Service toggles online, offline

I have two Solaris 10 T2000 systems. Platform sun8 has newer firmware than sun7. sun8/user$ prtdiag -v | grep OBP OBP 4.30.4.b 2010/07/09 13:48 sun7/user$ prtdiag -v | grep OBP OBP 4.30.4.a 2010/01/06 14:56 The platform (sun8) with the newer firmware (OBP 4.30.4.b) has a Fault... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DavidHalko
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in getting the oracle instance name which is offline in 10g through shell scripting

:wall:Hi, I am not sure whether i can post this question in this forum or not. because it is not completely releated to unix, but also oracle. My question is, How can we know the instance name(particularly the last number, eg., in INST_DB12, i need 12) when it is OFFLINE(i.e., down)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dpu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to copy a file from one server to anther server and execute the binary

Hi , Is there any script to copy a files (weblogic bianary + silent.xml ) from one server (linux) to another servers and then execute the copy file. We want to copy a file on multiple servers and run the installation. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nawrajesh
1 Replies
metaoffline(1M) 					  System Administration Commands					   metaoffline(1M)

NAME
metaoffline, metaonline - place submirrors offline and online SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/metaoffline -h /usr/sbin/metaoffline [-s setname] [-f] mirror submirror /usr/sbin/metaonline -h /usr/sbin/metaonline [-s setname] mirror submirror DESCRIPTION
The metaoffline command prevents Solaris Volume Manager from reading and writing to the submirror that has been taken offline. While the submirror is offline, all writes to the mirror will be kept track of (by region) and will be written when the submirror is brought back online. The metaoffline command can also be used to perform online backups: one submirror is taken offline and backed up while the mirror remains accessible. (However, if this is a two-way mirror, data redundancy is lost while one submirror is offline.) The metaoffline command differs from the metadetach command because it does not sever the logical association between the submirror and the mirror. To completely remove a submirror from a mirror, use the metadetach command. A submirror that has been taken offline will only remain offline until the metaonline command is invoked or the system is rebooted. When the metaonline command is used, reading from and writing to the submirror resumes. A resync is automatically invoked to resync the regions written while the submirror was offline. Writes are directed to the submirror during resync. Reads, however, will come from a dif- ferent submirror. Once the resync operation completes, reads and writes are performed on that submirror. The metaonline command is only effective on a submirror of a mirror that has been taken offline. The metaoffline and metaonline commands can not be used on RAID 1 volumes in application-based recovery (ABR) mode. A submirror that has been taken offline with the metaoffline command can only be mounted as read-only. OPTIONS
Root privileges are required for all of the following options except -h. -f Forces offlining of submirrors that have slices requiring maintenance. -h Displays usage message. -s setname Specifies the name of the diskset on which metaoffline and metaonline will work. Using the -s option will cause the com- mand to perform its administrative function within the specified diskset. Without this option, the command will perform its function on local metadevices. mirror Specifies the metadevice name of the mirror from which the submirror will be either taken offline or put online. submirror Specifies the metadevice name of the submirror to be either taken offline or put online. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Taking a Submirror Offline This example takes one submirror, d9, offline from mirror d10. # metaoffline d10 d9 EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmdu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdmonitord(1M), metaclear(1M), metadb(1M), metadetach(1M), metahs(1M), metainit(1M), metaparam(1M), metarecover(1M), metarename(1M), metareplace(1M), metaroot(1M), metaset(1M), metassist(1M), metastat(1M), metasync(1M), metattach(1M), md.tab(4), md.cf(4), mddb.cf(4), md.tab(4), attributes(5), md(7D) Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide NOTES
The metaonline and metaoffline commands are not applicable to mirrors in application-based recovery (ABR) mode. SunOS 5.10 12 Apr 2004 metaoffline(1M)