Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Fgrep or grep or awk help - scanning for delimiters. Post 302396292 by radoulov on Thursday 18th of February 2010 06:12:07 AM
Old 02-18-2010
Code:
awk -F'[>/ ]' 'END { 
  if (_2 in _) print r
 }
NR == FNR { _[$0]; next }
/^>/ { 
  if (_2 in _) print r 
  r = x; _2 = $2 
  }
{ r = r ? r RS $0 : $0 }  
' hitfile.txt FASTA.txt

Use gawk, nawk or /usr/xpg4/bin/awk on Solaris.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need help with fgrep or grep

How can I do an and condition with fgrep. I want to do: ps -ef | fgrep -f searchvalues > tempmail.file mailx -s "Email Subject" email@domain.com < tempmail.file The search values file contains: opt/bea.*java.*80 mysqld What I want is to find things that contain: mysqld OR... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy
7 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Difference grep, egrep and fgrep

Hi All, Can anyone please explain me the difference between grep, egrep and fgrep with examples. I am new to unix environment.. Your help is highly appreciated. Regards, ravi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravind27
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Vs Fgrep

Hi All, I have 2 files new.txt and old.txt cat new.txt sku1|v1|v2|v3 sku2|v11|v22|v33 sku3|v11|v22|v33 cat old.txt sku1|vx1|vx2|vx3 sku2|vx11|vx22|vx33 sku3|v11|v22|v33 The key column in both files are first column itself. I want to get records in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: morbid_angel
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep/fgrep/egrep for a very large matrix

All, I have a problem with grep/fgrep/egrep. Basically I am building a 200 times 200 correlation matrix. The entries of this matrix need to be retrieved from another very large matrix (~100G). I tried to use the grep/fgrep/egrep to locate each entry and put them into one file. It looks very... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: realwindfly
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two delimiters with AWK

Hello, this thread is more about scripting style than a specific issue. I've to grep from a output some lines and from them obtain a specific entry delimited by < and >. This is my way : 1) grep -i user list | awk '{FS="<";print $NF}' | sed -e 's/>//g' 2) grep -i user list | cut -d","... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delimiters in awk

Line from input file a : b : c " d " e " f : g : h " i " j " k " l output k b a Its taking 7th word when " is the delimiter, 2nd and 1st word when : is the delimiter and returning all in one line.... I am on solaris Thanks..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use two delimiters in awk

I have a file having lines like: 14: <a="b" val="c"/> 18: <a="x" val="d"/> 54: <a="b" val="c"/> 58: <a="x" val="e"/> I need to create a file with output: 14 d 54 e So basically, for every odd line I need 1st word if delimiter is ':' and for every even... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fgrep/grep -f and literal strings

I have a file like this: cat file name = server jobname = 1010 snapshot_name = funky_Win2k12_20140213210409 I'm trying to use grep to isolate that first line (name = server), but grep -f "name = " file as well as fgrep "name = " file returns all 3 lines. How do I return... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ampsys
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep lines only with 3 delimiters

Hi All, my file has following Data 04:38:34 02:03 24:40 02:09:58 09:13 03:04:11 02:09:58 35:00 I want to display only lines with 3 fields. ie.. 04:38:34 02:09:58 03:04:11 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunselvan
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delimiters with awk?

I have a file which is separated by delimiter "|", but the prob is one of my column do contain delimiter as description so how can i differentiate it? PS : the delmiter does have backslash coming before it, if occurring in column Annual|Beleagured|Desc|Denver... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
2 Replies
RCVPACK(1)							     [nmh-1.5]								RCVPACK(1)

NAME
rcvpack - append message to file SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/rcvpack file [-mbox] [-mmdf] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
The rcvpack program will append a copy of the message to the file listed on its command line. If the -mbox switch is given (the default), then the messages are separated using mbox (uucp) style delimiters. This is the format used by most mail clients (elm, mailx, etc.). If the -mmdf switch is given, then the messages are separated by mmdf style delimiters. Each message in the file is separated by four CTRL-A's and a newline. rcvpack will correctly lock and unlock the file to serialize access to the file, when running multiple copies of rcvpack . In general, its use is obsoleted by the file action of slocal, although it might still have occasional uses in various shell scripts. FILES
/etc/nmh/mts.conf nmh mts configuration file SEE ALSO
rcvdist(1), rcvstore(1), rcvtty(1), slocal(1) BUGS
Only two return codes are meaningful, others should be. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RCVPACK(1)