Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Browse for files through oracle forms placed in unix server Post 302396268 by malinideepa on Thursday 18th of February 2010 05:10:11 AM
Old 02-18-2010
Browse for files through oracle forms placed in unix server

I use a forms application where I develop the forms(Oracle 6i) in windows server and compile(Oracle 9i) the same in Unix server.
The whole forms application executables are placed in Unix.
My requirement is to upload data from excel sheet to oracle tables using Oracle forms. I have developed the form.
The scenario is when I click on the UPLOAD button in the form it should browse for the file to be uploaded.
With windows application its working but not with the unix application.

I want the same thing for the application in Unix server also. In the Unix application when I click on the UPLOAD button nothing is happening

The code written behind the UPLOAD button is
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Code:
DECLARE 
   lv_dirname   VARCHAR2(255); 
   lv_filename  VARCHAR2(255); 
BEGIN 

tool_env.getvar('DEMO20', lv_dirname); 
   lv_dirname  := 'c:\'; 
   lv_filename := get_file_name(lv_dirname, NULL, 'ESN List (*.txt)|*.txt|' ); 
   IF lv_filename IS NOT NULL THEN 
      :FILENAME := lv_filename; `
   END IF; 

END;

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
What changes I have to do for the same thing to happen in forms which is connected to unix server.
I want the equivalent code which does the same for the forms placed in the Unix server
Please help on this issue.

Last edited by pludi; 02-18-2010 at 06:12 AM.. Reason: code tags, please...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

compiling Oracle Forms in UNIX-solaris

I am using the command: f60gen to complie a form and it says it does not work Pls help, as I am trying to compile a few .fmb files to fmx... Cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: etravels
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

2 oracle version in unix application server

Hi, Ive got to 2 Oracle Versions in the application server. Currently running on 8.0.5, and I've recently installed 8.1.7. I would like to ask if it is possible upon restarting the server, to set the default environment to be pointing to 8.1.7 instead of 8.0.5? thnks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucy
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Unix Server Oracle

unix server oracle working with dump nodes. I want to connect to window base system by which i want to transfer the oracle data to window base plateform. Is there any way to connect. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shikhar_0509
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Forms

Hi Im new so be gentle Just starting out in programing and i want to try unix to see what all the fuss is about. But right now im like a kid in a sweet shop, spoilt for choice. Theres red hat, fedora, linux, ubuntu and thats just for starters I've been told ubuntu is a nice... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NightWatchman
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to Unix server through Oracle

Hi, I need some help regarding oracle with unix script Actually i have a shell script and i want that it gets triggered through a oracle Db.I dont have any idea how is it done, even whether it is possible....pls help.....!!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidelis
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for to take files from FTP server to UNIX server and Unzipped that files

script for to take files from FTP server to UNIX server and Unzipped that files (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunilamarnadh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete files and folders which are n days older from one unix server to another unix server

Hi All, Let me know how can i find and delete files from one unix server to another unix server which are 'N' days older. Please note that I need to delete files on remote unix server.So, probably i will need to use sftp, but question is how can i identify files and folders which are 'N'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
2 Replies

8. Programming

How to find Oracle forms that use a column in Solaris ?

I am trying to find all the oracle forms that have text item invoice_id in Solaris ( SunOS 5.10) If I use grep -i -l 'invoice_id' * I get only those oracle forms that have 'invoice_id' in the PL/SQL code. I want to find all the oracle forms that use invoice_id column in their datablocks.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megha2525
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Help Required to access files in Oracle T4-4 server

Hello, First i'm a newbie, so don't mind if i sound stupid. I am working on Oracle t4-4 server with SUN SOLARIS 5.10 installed. I can access server via serial port and net mgt port. But the problem is when i login to console it starts flooding with messages and i can't type anything. I know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bilal Maan
4 Replies
grab(n) 						       Tk Built-In Commands							   grab(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
grab - Confine pointer and keyboard events to a window sub-tree SYNOPSIS
grab ?-global? window grab option ?arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command implements simple pointer and keyboard grabs for Tk. Tk's grabs are different than the grabs described in the Xlib documenta- tion. When a grab is set for a particular window, Tk restricts all pointer events to the grab window and its descendants in Tk's window hierarchy. Whenever the pointer is within the grab window's subtree, the pointer will behave exactly the same as if there had been no grab at all and all events will be reported in the normal fashion. When the pointer is outside window's tree, button presses and releases and mouse motion events are reported to window, and window entry and window exit events are ignored. The grab subtree ``owns'' the pointer: windows outside the grab subtree will be visible on the screen but they will be insensitive until the grab is released. The tree of win- dows underneath the grab window can include top-level windows, in which case all of those top-level windows and their descendants will con- tinue to receive mouse events during the grab. Two forms of grabs are possible: local and global. A local grab affects only the grabbing application: events will be reported to other applications as if the grab had never occurred. Grabs are local by default. A global grab locks out all applications on the screen, so that only the given subtree of the grabbing application will be sensitive to pointer events (mouse button presses, mouse button releases, pointer motions, window entries, and window exits). During global grabs the window manager will not receive pointer events either. During local grabs, keyboard events (key presses and key releases) are delivered as usual: the window manager controls which application receives keyboard events, and if they are sent to any window in the grabbing application then they are redirected to the focus window. During a global grab Tk grabs the keyboard so that all keyboard events are always sent to the grabbing application. The focus command is still used to determine which window in the application receives the keyboard events. The keyboard grab is released when the grab is released. Grabs apply to particular displays. If an application has windows on multiple displays then it can establish a separate grab on each dis- play. The grab on a particular display affects only the windows on that display. It is possible for different applications on a single display to have simultaneous local grabs, but only one application can have a global grab on a given display at once. The grab command can take any of the following forms: grab ?-global? window Same as grab set, described below. grab current ?window? If window is specified, returns the name of the current grab window in this application for window's display, or an empty string if there is no such window. If window is omitted, the command returns a list whose elements are all of the windows grabbed by this application for all displays, or an empty string if the application has no grabs. grab release window Releases the grab on window if there is one, otherwise does nothing. Returns an empty string. grab set ?-global? window Sets a grab on window. If -global is specified then the grab is global, otherwise it is local. If a grab was already in effect for this application on window's display then it is automatically released. If there is already a grab on window and it has the same global/local form as the requested grab, then the command does nothing. Returns an empty string. grab status window Returns none if no grab is currently set on window, local if a local grab is set on window, and global if a global grab is set. BUGS
It took an incredibly complex and gross implementation to produce the simple grab effect described above. Given the current implementa- tion, it isn't safe for applications to use the Xlib grab facilities at all except through the Tk grab procedures. If applications try to manipulate X's grab mechanisms directly, things will probably break. If a single process is managing several different Tk applications, only one of those applications can have a local grab for a given display at any given time. If the applications are in different processes, this restriction doesn't exist. KEYWORDS
grab, keyboard events, pointer events, window Tk grab(n)