Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition Post 302396266 by jlliagre on Thursday 18th of February 2010 05:05:29 AM
Old 02-18-2010
Code:
case $string in 
(test*)
 echo "starts with test";;
(*test)
  echo "ends with test";;
(*test*)
  echo "contains test";;
(*)
  echo "doesn't match";;
esac

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

In unix how we can test or check race condition in c program by using multi threads

In unix how we can test or check race condition in any c program by using multi thread programming (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: afroze
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In unix how we can test or check race condition in a c program by using multi threads

In unix how we can test or check race condition in any c program by using multi thread programming (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. Programming

In unix how we can test or check race condition in c program by using multi threads

In unix how we can test or check race condition in any c program by using multi thread programming (5 Replies)
5 Replies

4. Programming

In unix how we can test or check race condition in a c program by using multi threads

1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that check the argument passed to it and prints error if test condition is not met

I want to make a script that check for the argument passed to it and generates an error in case any character/string argument passed to it. I am using below code, but its not working. can anyone help. #!/bin/bash if ]; then echo 'An integer argument is passed to the script hence... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash condition test at the end of string

I want to check (using bash condition test function) if string contains three spaces, ignoring last three spaces at the end of string. string_to_report='foo bar foo bar ' string_to_ignore='foo bar ' (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: useretail
8 Replies
GNUPG_ENCRYPTSIGN(3)							 1						      GNUPG_ENCRYPTSIGN(3)

gnupg_encryptsign - Encrypts and signs a given text

SYNOPSIS
string gnupg_encryptsign (resource $identifier, string $plaintext) DESCRIPTION
Encrypts and signs the given $plaintext with the keys, which were set with gnupg_addsignkey and gnupg_addencryptkey before and returns the encrypted and signed text. PARAMETERS
o $identifier -The gnupg identifier, from a call to gnupg_init(3) or gnupg. o $plaintext - The text being encrypted. RETURN VALUES
On success, this function returns the encrypted and signed text. On failure, this function returns FALSE. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Procedural gnupg_encryptsign(3) example <?php $res = gnupg_init(); gnupg_addencryptkey($res,"8660281B6051D071D94B5B230549F9DC851566DC"); gnupg_addsignkey($res,"8660281B6051D071D94B5B230549F9DC851566DC","test"); $enc = gnupg_encryptsign($res, "just a test"); echo $enc; ?> Example #2 OO gnupg_encryptsign(3) example <?php $gpg = new gnupg(); $gpg -> addencryptkey("8660281B6051D071D94B5B230549F9DC851566DC"); $gpg -> addsignkey("8660281B6051D071D94B5B230549F9DC851566DC","test"); $enc = $gpg -> encryptsign("just a test"); echo $enc; ?> PHP Documentation Group GNUPG_ENCRYPTSIGN(3)