Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Album Cover Contest
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Album Cover Contest Post 302396181 by pludi on Thursday 18th of February 2010 01:55:15 AM
Old 02-18-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Two of those are my favorites! U2 - The Joshua Tree is the best. I was listening to it yesterday in fact. Ditto for R.E.M. Out of Time. Amazing works of art!
That's why I picked them. "Where the streets have no name" and "Losing my religion" are my all-time favorites. But seems it's too easy, guess I'll have to go more Indie and/or obscure with the next round ]:->

And you're right, it's easy to get the year by searching for the album. However, for not providing the year in the first place, I'll only award ceil(answers/2) points for those answered correctly (there's 1 mistake).

Last edited by pludi; 02-18-2010 at 03:00 AM..

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

How do I find out which rpms to install to cover dependencies?

Howdy all, I am trying to install dk-milter on a postfix mail machine, but am running up against some dependencies, and I don't know how to find out which rpms contain the required packages. # cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 9) # uname -a ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zefflyn
2 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Movie Screenshot Contest - Bits to be won!

I propose a little game, I post a bunch of images from random movies out there and people try to identify the name of the character and the movie. Each correct answer earns a point, at the end of the contest I'll give some Bits to those with the most points. The rules: I'll post only a few... (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smiling Dragon
35 Replies
MP3::Tag::Cue(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					MP3::Tag::Cue(3pm)

NAME
MP3::Tag::Cue - Module for parsing .cue files. SYNOPSIS
my $db = MP3::Tag::Cue->new($filename, $track); # Name of audio file my $db = MP3::Tag::Cue->new_from($record, $track); # Contents of .cue file ($title, $artist, $album, $year, $comment, $track) = $db->parse(); see MP3::Tag DESCRIPTION
MP3::Tag::Cue is designed to be called from the MP3::Tag module. It parses the content of a .cue file. The .cue file is looked for in the same directory as audio file; one of the following conditions must be satisfied: o The "audio" file is specified is actually a .cue file; o There is exactly one .cue file in the directory of audio file; o There is exactly one .cue file in the directory of audio file with basename which is a beginning of the name of audio file. o There is exactly one .cue file in the directory of audio file with basename which matches (case-insensitive) a beginning of the name of audio file. If no .cue file is found in the directory of audio file, the same process is repeated once one directory uplevel, with the name of the file's directory used instead of the file name. E.g., with the files like this Foo/bar.cue Foo/bar/04.wav audio file Foo/bar/04.wav will be associated with Foo/bar.cue. parse() ($title, $artist, $album, $year, $comment, $track) = $db->parse($what); parse_filename() extracts information about artist, title, track number, album and year from the .cue file. $what is optional; it maybe title, track, artist, album, year, genre or comment. If $what is defined parse() will return only this element. Additionally, $what can take values "artist_collection" (returns the value of artist in the whole-disk-info field "PERFORMER", "songwriter". title() $title = $db->title(); Returns the title, obtained from the 'Tracktitle' entry of the file. artist() $artist = $db->artist(); Returns the artist name, obtained from the 'Performer' or 'Albumperformer' entries (the first which is present) of the file. track() $track = $db->track(); Returns the track number, stored during object creation, or queried from the parent. year() $year = $db->year(); Returns the year, obtained from the 'Year' entry of the file. (Often not present.) album() $album = $db->album(); Returns the album name, obtained from the 'Albumtitle' entry of the file. comment() $comment = $db->comment(); Returns the 'REM COMMENT' entry of the file. (Often not present.) genre() $genre = $db->genre($filename); perl v5.14.2 2009-11-28 MP3::Tag::Cue(3pm)