Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fgets problems
Top Forums Programming fgets problems Post 302396143 by CRGreathouse on Wednesday 17th of February 2010 10:18:02 PM
Old 02-17-2010
Good news! I managed to fix it. Unfortunately I don't know what I did -- I was actually just focusing on making it easier to find the error. Smilie

Thanks for your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

'make' problems (compliation problems?)

I'm trying to compile and install both most recent version of 'make' and the most recent version of 'openssh' on my Sparc20. I've run into the following problems... and I don't know what they mean. Can someone please help me resolve these issues? I'm using the 'make' version that was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with ld.so.1

I renamed ld.so.1 on a Sun machine running Solaris 2.6. Now I cannot boot the system and I can use only very few commands in Maintenance Mode. Can someone help me? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciccio
3 Replies

3. Programming

fgets()

does anyone knows how to accept a command from a user.. i was wondering to use fgets(), but got no idea how to start it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skanky
4 Replies

4. Programming

Problem with fgets and rewind function ..

Hello Friends, I got stuck with fgets () & rewind() function .. Please need help.. Actually I am doing a like, The function should read lines from a txt file until the function is called.. If the data from the txt file ends then it goes to the top and then again when the function is called... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user_prady
1 Replies

5. Programming

Question about NULL Character & fgets()

Assume client send the message " Hello ", i get output such as Sent mesg: hello Bytes Sent to Client: 6 bytes_received = recv(clientSockD, data, MAX_DATA, 0); if(bytes_received) { send(clientSockD, data, bytes_received, 0); data = '\0';... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
2 Replies

6. Programming

[C] fgets problem with SIGINT singlal!!!

Hi all, I have this method to read a string from a STDIN: void readLine(char* inputBuffer){ fgets (inputBuffer, MAX_LINE, stdin); fflush(stdin); /* remove '\n' char from string */ if(strlen(inputBuffer) != 0) inputBuffer = '\0'; } All work fine but if i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hurricane86
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with using less

Hello, I am having problems with using less on Linux version 2.6.18-92.1.17.el5 (brewbuilder@hs20-bc1-7.build.redhat.com) (gcc version 4.1.2 20071124 (Red Hat 4.1.2-42)). I am using csh but have the same problems on bash. If I pipe something to less it works perfectly i.e. cat file | less... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
9 Replies

8. Programming

fgets problems newline

hello, i'm trying to write a C-program that reads a file line by line. (and searches each line for a given string) This file is an special ASCII-database-file, with a lot of entries. I checked the line with most length, and it was about 4000 characters. With google i found several... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: p1cm1n
4 Replies

9. Programming

fgets read file line with "\n" inside

Hi, I have a string like this, char str ="This, a sample string.\\nThis is the second line, \\n \\n, we will have one blank line"; if I want to use strtok() to seperate the string, which token should I use? I tried "\n", "\\n", either not working. peter (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laopi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

while and do problems

Any ideas how to clear this error as it seems I dont understand if,do,while and els commands #!/bin/ksh set -x print "This script creates test messages" print "Please enter test case name" read testcasename echo $testcasename skipfield=Y while print "Do you want to skip this field... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrew.p.mcderm
4 Replies
NEWS(1) 							   USER COMMANDS							   NEWS(1)

NAME
news - display system news SYNOPSIS
news [-adDeflnpvxs] [[article1] [article2] ..] DESCRIPTION
The news command keeps you informed of news concerning the system. Each news item is contained in a separate file in the /var/lib/sysnews directory. Anyone having write permission to this directory can create a news file. If you run the news command without any flags, it displays every unread file in the /var/lib/sysnews directory. Each file is preceded by an appropriate header. To avoid reporting old news, the news command stores a currency time. The news command con- siders your currency time to be the date the $HOME/.news_time file was last modified. Each time you read the news, the modification time of this file changes to that of the reading. Only news item files posted after this time are considered unread. OPTIONS
-a, --all Display all news, also the already read news. -d, --datestamp Add a date stamp to each article name printed. this can only be used with the -nl flags. -D, --datefmt <fmt> Specify a date format, see the strftime(3) man page for more details. the default format is (%b %d %Y) -f, --newsdir <dir> Read news from an alternate newsdir. -l, --oneperline One article name per line. -n, --names Only show the names of news articles. -p, --page Pipe articles through $PAGER or more(1) if the $PAGER environment variable is not set. -s, --articles Reports the number of news articles. MAINTAINER OPTIONS
-e, --expire # Expire news older than # days. -x, --exclude a,b,c A comma separated list of articles which may not be expired. if a file named .noexpire exists in the /var/lib/sysnews direcory, filenames are read from it also. names in this file may be comma separated, and/or one per line. AUTHOR
Charles, <int@link.xs4all.nl> Linux 18 January 1995 NEWS(1)