Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Determining interface to access IP Post 302396045 by brsett on Wednesday 17th of February 2010 02:32:52 PM
Old 02-17-2010
I don't know why I need the socket, I just need the route. On modern Linux I can do the following as it turns out (just learned this):

/sbin/ip route get <remote_ip>

And it is in that output. But that is a little platform dependent. I was hoping there was a System V mostly-portable way to do this.

Last edited by brsett; 02-17-2010 at 04:26 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Help determining what's blocking ports

I'm fairly new to networking and am trying to figure our network out, as I was recently assigned to be network administrator where I work. I was trying to get utorrent to work but am not having success in figuring out what's blocking my ports. As of now, I'm getting connected from a mikrotik... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: brandonros
11 Replies

2. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

3. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Need a bridge from an ethernet interface to a serial interface

This is my situation DOS pc serial cable (sl0) Linux Pc eth1 192.168.0.10 <-------------------->192.168.0.2 <------------>192.168.0.1 (router) I connected the linux pc and the dos pc with a SLIP (serial line internet protocol), so they can communicate in the sl0 interface. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
3 Replies

5. Programming

Determining file access perms for current process

Stupid question, but is there an ANSI C stdlib function that will do this for me? I want to pass the function a path and determine if the current process can read/write/execute on the path. I suppose I can whip something up using fstat and then determining the current process's user/group IDs and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
6 Replies

6. Programming

determining the IP of a function

Is there a way to determine the "Instruction Pointer" of a function in c++, and if so can someone tell me? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: neur0n
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determining whether given string is path or not

I have an issue while determing whether given string is unix path or not There is a text file which is normally a report in that at some place we have unix path as shown below /opt/smart/dev/eur/sources/sqr and not unix path as shown below Threshold Year/Month/Ref/ActLine/OUC Is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
3 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Access to network interface (Mac-network)

Hi, I'm a italian student. For my thesis I develop a gateway with protocol 6lowpan. For that I must access to network interface to develope my personal stack based on standard 802.15.4. Can you help me? I need an explanation for that. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: berny88
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies
GUARDS(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 GUARDS(1)

NAME
guards - select from a list of files guarded by conditions SYNOPSIS
guards [--prefix=dir] [--path=dir2:dir2:...] [--default=0|1] [-v|--invert-match] [--list|--check] [--config=file] symbol ... DESCRIPTION
The script reads a configuration file that may contain so-called guards, file names, and comments, and writes those file names that satisfy all guards to standard output. The script takes a list of symbols as its arguments. Each line in the configuration file is processed separately. Lines may start with a number of guards. The following guards are defined: +xxx Include the file(s) on this line if the symbol xxx is defined. -xxx Exclude the file(s) on this line if the symbol xxx is defined. +!xxx Include the file(s) on this line if the symbol xxx is not defined. -!xxx Exclude the file(s) on this line if the symbol xxx is not defined. - Exclude this file. Used to avoid spurious --check messages. The guards are processed left to right. The last guard that matches determines if the file is included. If no guard is specified, the --default setting determines if the file is included. If no configuration file is specified, the script reads from standard input. The --check option is used to compare the specification file against the file system. If files are referenced in the specification that do not exist, or if files are not enlisted in the specification file warnings are printed. The --path option can be used to specify which directory or directories to scan. Multiple directories are eparated by a colon (":") character. The --prefix option specifies the location of the files. AUTHOR
Andreas Gruenbacher <agruen@suse.de> (SuSE Linux AG) perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 GUARDS(1)