Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using txr to extract information from output Post 302396014 by drl on Wednesday 17th of February 2010 01:01:50 PM
Old 02-17-2010
Hi.

1) The txr command is not standard, so few people here probably will have had experience with it.

2) What have you tried so far -- what does your query look like?

3) Note that such tasks are easily done with awk and other commands.

4) Please use code tags around data and code: select the text and click the # above the editing box.

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you extract the information from a library?

hi all, i am quite new with Perl (just 1 week of experience) and i am suppose to understand the usage of library, which i can't, anyway... i came across this library...i think from the linux redhat redhat.linux.lib.pl, there are a couple of functions there that can be used to retrieve information... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mercz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK to extract information

Hi all, I am working on a shell script to extract information from a file that has output from Oracle sqlplus. The problem is that the output of a single line is spread across multiple lines and i do not know as how to extract the particular filed at ones,which spans multiple lines.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harris2107
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

using txr to extract information from output

am using txr command (txr 1097) on a process that generates the following output. Im trying to extract the 13th field from the highlighted string. it is delimited by '?'. The 13th field corresponds to the '0' (in bold). can you let me know how I can extract the 13 th field please? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pazman
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Write a script to extract information from a db

Hi I need to put together a script that will search certain tables in a db and send that data to a csv file. Basically I am importing data to a db and I want to write a script to check that all information was imported correctly. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract information from a file?

Hi, i have a file like this: <Iteration> <Iteration_iter-num>3</Iteration_iter-num> <Iteration_query-ID>lcl|3_0</Iteration_query-ID> <Iteration_query-def>G383C4U01EQA0A length=197</Iteration_query-def> <Iteration_query-len>197</Iteration_query-len> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_simpsons
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract specific information?

hi, i have a file A like this: ******************* No 2823 ******************** contig15205- G383C4U02H4G80+ is in contig15205- G383C4U02HGLXM- is in contig15205- G383C4U01C3HIZ+ is in contig15205- ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_simpsons
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Specific Information from a particular field

Hi, I am trying to extract a specific information from a file which contains more than 200 million records. Attached the input file for your reference. My file contains information below ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramkrishnas
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract information from txt file

Hello! I need help :) I have a file like this: AA BC FG RF TT GH DD FF HH (a few number of rows and three columns) and I want to put the letters of each column in a variable step by step in order to give them as input in another script. So I would like to obtain: for the 1° loop:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: edekP
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract information from file

Gents, If is possible please help. I have a big file (example attached) which contends exactly same value in column, but from column 2 to 6 these values are diff. I will like to compile for all records all columns like the example attached in .csv format (output.rar ).. The last column in the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract information from file

In a particular directory, there can be 1000 files like below. filename is job901.ksh #!/bin/ksh cront -x << EOJ submit file=$PRODPATH/scripts/genReport.sh maxdelay=30 &node=xnode01 tname=job901 &pfile1=/prod/mldata/data/test1.dat ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedanta
17 Replies
OD(1)                                                              User Commands                                                             OD(1)

NAME
od - dump files in octal and other formats SYNOPSIS
od [OPTION]... [FILE]... od [-abcdfilosx]... [FILE] [[+]OFFSET[.][b]] od --traditional [OPTION]... [FILE] [[+]OFFSET[.][b] [+][LABEL][.][b]] DESCRIPTION
Write an unambiguous representation, octal bytes by default, of FILE to standard output. With more than one FILE argument, concatenate them in the listed order to form the input. With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. If first and second call formats both apply, the second format is assumed if the last operand begins with + or (if there are 2 operands) a digit. An OFFSET operand means -j OFFSET. LABEL is the pseudo-address at first byte printed, incremented when dump is progressing. For OFFSET and LABEL, a 0x or 0X prefix indicates hexadecimal; suffixes may be . for octal and b for multiply by 512. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -A, --address-radix=RADIX output format for file offsets; RADIX is one of [doxn], for Decimal, Octal, Hex or None --endian={big|little} swap input bytes according the specified order -j, --skip-bytes=BYTES skip BYTES input bytes first -N, --read-bytes=BYTES limit dump to BYTES input bytes -S BYTES, --strings[=BYTES] output strings of at least BYTES graphic chars; 3 is implied when BYTES is not specified -t, --format=TYPE select output format or formats -v, --output-duplicates do not use * to mark line suppression -w[BYTES], --width[=BYTES] output BYTES bytes per output line; 32 is implied when BYTES is not specified --traditional accept arguments in third form above --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit Traditional format specifications may be intermixed; they accumulate: -a same as -t a, select named characters, ignoring high-order bit -b same as -t o1, select octal bytes -c same as -t c, select printable characters or backslash escapes -d same as -t u2, select unsigned decimal 2-byte units -f same as -t fF, select floats -i same as -t dI, select decimal ints -l same as -t dL, select decimal longs -o same as -t o2, select octal 2-byte units -s same as -t d2, select decimal 2-byte units -x same as -t x2, select hexadecimal 2-byte units TYPE is made up of one or more of these specifications: a named character, ignoring high-order bit c printable character or backslash escape d[SIZE] signed decimal, SIZE bytes per integer f[SIZE] floating point, SIZE bytes per float o[SIZE] octal, SIZE bytes per integer u[SIZE] unsigned decimal, SIZE bytes per integer x[SIZE] hexadecimal, SIZE bytes per integer SIZE is a number. For TYPE in [doux], SIZE may also be C for sizeof(char), S for sizeof(short), I for sizeof(int) or L for sizeof(long). If TYPE is f, SIZE may also be F for sizeof(float), D for sizeof(double) or L for sizeof(long double). Adding a z suffix to any type displays printable characters at the end of each output line. BYTES is hex with 0x or 0X prefix, and may have a multiplier suffix: b 512 KB 1000 K 1024 MB 1000*1000 M 1024*1024 and so on for G, T, P, E, Z, Y. EXAMPLES
od -A x -t x1z -v Display hexdump format output od -A o -t oS -w16 The default output format used by od AUTHOR
Written by Jim Meyering. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report od translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/od> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) od invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 OD(1)