Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mounting a USB DRIVE- SCO_SV
Operating Systems SCO Mounting a USB DRIVE- SCO_SV Post 302396003 by ralph2010 on Wednesday 17th of February 2010 12:06:42 PM
Old 02-17-2010
I have /sbin folder with the follolwing contents
cp
ln
mv
pfmt
sh
sync
uadmin

I am logged in as root.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mounting USB

Hi I was trying to mount my USB flashdrive on solaris 10 and I am getting the message saying that (I have already gone through the previous blogs in the forum) mount: Block device required. I have tried most of the possible ways. #rmformat(gives me the necessary information about my flash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akhil1460
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB flash drive is not mounting what to do...?

hello forum.. i am using RHEL 4.0 and my system is dual boot.normally the usb flash drive should be auto mount , but in my system i am unable to mount the drive plz help... i am a new user so plz give me in detail. thank u in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoranjan
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

force mounting usb drive on macbook pro

alright, this might seem a dumb question, can't say i'm too familiar with these applications. i have a 250mb zip drive that i just got for my macbook pro (i know it's archaic, i have a drum machine that uses 100mb zip disks) and it is recognized in system profiler as a 250mb iomega drive, but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grampah
1 Replies

4. AIX

Mounting a USB Drive in AIX 5.3 ML 6, P570

Hi Can somebody help me know , How can i mount a USB drive in my AIX 5.3 ML6, P570 Server. This is a Bit urgent for me. Thanks in advance.. Regards Raj (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdkumarj
0 Replies

5. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

6. Solaris

mounting usb drive

hi, first of all, i would really like to know how to find out where my usb is in the system. if i "cd to /dev/usb i have a hub0 to hub4 and hid0 -- hid5 .. how do i know where my usb is? and i guess once i find out which one my usb is at, i can do something like "mount /dev/usb/xxx /tmp" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: k2k
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with mounting my USB

My previous post seems to be erased and I didn't get any help. I'm logged as root now but no mounting command seems to work, I've tried: Mount -t vfat /dev/sdc1 /mnt/USB Changing "sdc1" for hda1-7, and sdc1-7, and still nothing. Sometimes i get: "special device not found" and others "device... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dax01
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Mounting USB HD

I am very new to Solaris. The machine I am working with is running Solaris 10. I have a 1.5 TB hard drive plugged into a USB dock plugged into the Solaris machine. I ran 'cfgadm -al' and can see that the usb0/1 is usb-storage that was not there before. How do i mount this drive and format... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcdef
3 Replies
uadmin(1M)																uadmin(1M)

NAME
uadmin - administrative control SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/uadmin cmd fcn [mdep] /sbin/uadmin cmd fcn [mdep] The uadmin command provides control for basic administrative functions. This command is tightly coupled to the system administration proce- dures and is not intended for general use. It may be invoked only by the super-user. Both the cmd (command) and fcn (function) arguments are converted to integers and passed to the uadmin system call. The optional mdep (machine dependent) argument is only available for the cmd values of 1 (A_REBOOT), 2 (A_SHUTDOWN), or 5 (A_DUMP). For any other cmd value, no mdep command-line argument is allowed. When passing an mdep value that contains whitespaces, the string must be grouped together as a single argument enclosed within quotes, for example: uadmin 1 1 "-s kernel/unix" See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ uadmin(2), attributes(5) On systems, shutting down the system by means of uadmin does not update the boot archive. Avoid using this command after manual editing of files such as /etc/system or driver.conf(4). 11 Apr 2005 uadmin(1M)