Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk - rearange data
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk - rearange data Post 302395930 by sharadpisal on Wednesday 17th of February 2010 09:51:24 AM
Old 02-17-2010
Create a file with some name, say converter.pl with content like,

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;

my @keyList = qw (edge100 BroadLeaves Conifers clc2006 slope aspect dem30sec);

print join (",", @keyList) . "\n";
while (my $line = <>) {
        my %arr = split (/\s/, $line);
        my @vals;
        foreach my $key (@keyList) {
                push (@vals, $arr{$key});
        }
        print join (",", @vals) . "\n";
}

run it like
Code:
cat  data| ./converter.pl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extrat data using AWK

How can I extract data using AWK I have data as follow 01--------- 02----- 03----- 03--- I want to extract data to the file 01.dat,02.dat and 03.dat the field value should be the part of file name OutFile="xx" awk -F"|" '{OutFile = $1; print OutFile}' x1 > $OutFile echo $OutFile this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kadamr
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help reformat data with awk

I am trying to write an awk program to reformat a data table and convert the date to julian time. I have all the individual steps working, but I am having some issues joing them into one program. Can anyone help me out? Here is my code so far: # This is an awk program to convert the dates from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: climbak
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reformatting Data in AWK

Dear AWK Users, I have a data set that is so large (Gigabytes) that it cannot be opened in the vi editor in its entirety. But I can manipulate the entire thing in AWK. It is formatted in a regular manner such that it has the variable descriptions or listings preceeding the variables. The latter... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sda_rr
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Data Insert

Hi guys, I'm having some difficulties in insert some details to the following contents. I need to insert "TEST" under MIR & a value "25" to the next line. So far, I am able to insert "TEST" by using awk to capture MIR as the identifier. However, I am having some difficulties in inserting "25"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nantheless
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK help. how to compare a variable with a data array in AWK?

Hi all, i have a data array as follows. array=ertfgj2345 array=456ttygkd . . . array=errdjt3235 so number or elements in the array can varies depending on how big the data input is. now i have a variable, and it is $1 (there are $2, $3 and so on, i am only interested in $1). ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearange fields within a csv

Hello with sed and tr I have converted my "quite big" cronlist into the below csv file Here is a sample: 05,15,15,25,35,45,55;*;*;*;*;/SCRIPT1;/SCRIPT1.log 10;6,16;*;*;*;/SCRIPT2;/SCRIPT2.log 30;*;*;*;*;/SCRIPT3;/SCRIPT3.cfg;/SCRIPT3.log 50;8;*;*;*;/SCRIPT4;-1;/SCRIPT4.log ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data with awk

i have a following output file PF Release 2.4 on SERVICE at Mon Feb 6 18:41:02 2012 ---------------------------------------- ---------------- |pPF |SEP |CAPS |CALLS |OPEN | |-------------------------------------------------------------| | 0 ---... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gauravah
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to get correct data using awk

I have this input.|user1 |10.10.10.10 |23|046|1726 (212) |0 |user2 |10.10.10.11 |23|046|43 (17) |0 |test |10.10.10.12 |23|046|45 (10) |0 |test1 |10.10.10.13 |23|046|89 (32) |0 I need to get the data for a user like thisuser1 1726 user2 43 test 45 test1 89... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with parsing data with awk , eliminating unwanted data

Experts , Below is the data: --- Physical volumes --- PV Name /dev/dsk/c1t2d0 VG Name /dev/vg00 PV Status available Allocatable yes VGDA 2 Cur LV 8 PE Size (Mbytes) 8 Total PE 4350 Free PE 2036 Allocated PE 2314 Stale PE 0 IO Timeout (Seconds) default --- Physical volumes ---... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk --> math-operation in data-record and joining with second file data

Hi! I have a pretty complex job - at least for me! i have two csv-files with meassurement-data: fileA ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)