Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk - rearange data
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk - rearange data Post 302395915 by creamcheese on Wednesday 17th of February 2010 09:30:53 AM
Old 02-17-2010
That would be great. I havent worked with Perl so fare but I am familiar with other programming languages.

Thanks J

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extrat data using AWK

How can I extract data using AWK I have data as follow 01--------- 02----- 03----- 03--- I want to extract data to the file 01.dat,02.dat and 03.dat the field value should be the part of file name OutFile="xx" awk -F"|" '{OutFile = $1; print OutFile}' x1 > $OutFile echo $OutFile this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kadamr
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help reformat data with awk

I am trying to write an awk program to reformat a data table and convert the date to julian time. I have all the individual steps working, but I am having some issues joing them into one program. Can anyone help me out? Here is my code so far: # This is an awk program to convert the dates from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: climbak
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reformatting Data in AWK

Dear AWK Users, I have a data set that is so large (Gigabytes) that it cannot be opened in the vi editor in its entirety. But I can manipulate the entire thing in AWK. It is formatted in a regular manner such that it has the variable descriptions or listings preceeding the variables. The latter... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sda_rr
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Data Insert

Hi guys, I'm having some difficulties in insert some details to the following contents. I need to insert "TEST" under MIR & a value "25" to the next line. So far, I am able to insert "TEST" by using awk to capture MIR as the identifier. However, I am having some difficulties in inserting "25"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nantheless
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK help. how to compare a variable with a data array in AWK?

Hi all, i have a data array as follows. array=ertfgj2345 array=456ttygkd . . . array=errdjt3235 so number or elements in the array can varies depending on how big the data input is. now i have a variable, and it is $1 (there are $2, $3 and so on, i am only interested in $1). ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearange fields within a csv

Hello with sed and tr I have converted my "quite big" cronlist into the below csv file Here is a sample: 05,15,15,25,35,45,55;*;*;*;*;/SCRIPT1;/SCRIPT1.log 10;6,16;*;*;*;/SCRIPT2;/SCRIPT2.log 30;*;*;*;*;/SCRIPT3;/SCRIPT3.cfg;/SCRIPT3.log 50;8;*;*;*;/SCRIPT4;-1;/SCRIPT4.log ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data with awk

i have a following output file PF Release 2.4 on SERVICE at Mon Feb 6 18:41:02 2012 ---------------------------------------- ---------------- |pPF |SEP |CAPS |CALLS |OPEN | |-------------------------------------------------------------| | 0 ---... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gauravah
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to get correct data using awk

I have this input.|user1 |10.10.10.10 |23|046|1726 (212) |0 |user2 |10.10.10.11 |23|046|43 (17) |0 |test |10.10.10.12 |23|046|45 (10) |0 |test1 |10.10.10.13 |23|046|89 (32) |0 I need to get the data for a user like thisuser1 1726 user2 43 test 45 test1 89... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with parsing data with awk , eliminating unwanted data

Experts , Below is the data: --- Physical volumes --- PV Name /dev/dsk/c1t2d0 VG Name /dev/vg00 PV Status available Allocatable yes VGDA 2 Cur LV 8 PE Size (Mbytes) 8 Total PE 4350 Free PE 2036 Allocated PE 2314 Stale PE 0 IO Timeout (Seconds) default --- Physical volumes ---... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk --> math-operation in data-record and joining with second file data

Hi! I have a pretty complex job - at least for me! i have two csv-files with meassurement-data: fileA ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
2 Replies
boolean(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      boolean(3pm)

NAME
boolean - Boolean support for Perl SYNOPSIS
use boolean; do &always if true; do &never if false; do &maybe if boolean($value)->isTrue; and: use boolean ':all'; $guess = int(rand(2)) % 2 ? true : false; do &something if isTrue($guess); do &something_else if isFalse($guess); and: use boolean -truth; die unless ref(42 == 42) eq 'boolean'; die unless ("foo" =~ /bar/) eq '0'; DESCRIPTION
Most programming languages have a native "Boolean" data type. Perl does not. Perl has a simple and well known Truth System. The following scalar values are false: $false1 = undef; $false2 = 0; $false3 = 0.0; $false4 = ''; $false5 = '0'; Every other scalar value is true. This module provides basic Boolean support, by defining two special objects: "true" and "false". RATIONALE
When sharing data between programming languages, it is important to support the same group of basic types. In Perlish programming languages, these types include: Hash, Array, String, Number, Null and Boolean. Perl lacks native Boolean support. Data interchange modules like YAML and JSON can now "use boolean" to encode/decode/roundtrip Boolean values. FUNCTIONS
This module defines the following functions: true This function returns a scalar value which will evaluate to true. The value is a singleton object, meaning there is only one "true" value in a Perl process at any time. You can check to see whether the value is the "true" object with the isTrue function described below. false This function returns a scalar value which will evaluate to false. The value is a singleton object, meaning there is only one "false" value in a Perl process at any time. You can check to see whether the value is the "false" object with the isFalse function described below. boolean($scalar) Casts the scalar value to a boolean value. If $scalar is true, it returns "boolean::true", otherwise it returns "boolean::false". isTrue($scalar) Returns "boolean::true" if the scalar passed to it is the "boolean::true" object. Returns "boolean::false" otherwise. isFalse($scalar) Returns "boolean::true" if the scalar passed to it is the "boolean::false" object. Returns "boolean::false" otherwise. isBoolean($scalar) Returns "boolean::true" if the scalar passed to it is the "boolean::true" or "boolean::false" object. Returns "boolean::false" otherwise. METHODS
Since true and false return objects, you can call methods on them. $boolean->isTrue Same as isTrue($boolean). $boolean->isFalse Same as isFalse($boolean). USE OPTIONS
By default this module exports the "true", "false" and "boolean" functions. The module also defines these export tags: :all Exports "true", "false", "boolean", "isTrue", "isFalse", "isBoolean" -truth You can specify the "-truth" option to override truth operators to return "boolean" values. use boolean -truth; print ref("hello" eq "world"), " "; Prints: boolean "-truth" can be used with the other import options. AUTHOR
Ingy doet Net <ingy@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011. Ingy doet Net. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.12.4 2011-09-12 boolean(3pm)