Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed command in perl script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed command in perl script Post 302395886 by gaurav1086 on Wednesday 17th of February 2010 07:59:07 AM
Old 02-17-2010
Hello,

First of all read it in list context. It would be easier to parse it afterwards.

I would suggest you use a perl one liner only . Incorporate this logic in your script or use a sed module. using a shell command would probably make it slower.

Code:
gaurav@localhost:~$ perl -wln -e 'BEGIN{my $flag=0;my @amc_data=();}$flag=1 if /\[Amc\]/;push(@amc_data,$_) if $flag==1;$flag=0 if /\[\/Amc\]/;END{print @amc_data;}' amc

So your code would look like
Code:
my $flag=0;
my $arr=();
$flag=1 if /\[Amc\]/;
push(@amc_data,$_) if $flag==1;
$flag=0 if /\[\/Amc\]/;

This is exactly what sed does.

Regards,
Gaurav.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl/Sed script help

Hi All, I would need to generate Oracle Inster scripts from an excel formatted spreadsheet as follows: This needs to be stripped as follows: REC 1, REC 2 etc are the separators of the records ... I beleive a pearl script can be written for this ... anything useful will be of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabyasm
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to use sed or perl command to find and replace a directory in a file

how to use sed command to find and replace a directory i have a file.. which contains lot of paths ... for eg.. file contains.. /usr/kk/rr/12345/1 /usr/kk/rr/12345/2 /usr/kk/rr/12345/3 /usr/kk/rr/12345/4 /usr/kk/rr/12345/5 /usr/kk/rr/12345/6 /usr/kk/rr/12345/7... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wip_vasikaran
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Accessing array elements within a sed command in Perl script

I am trying to use a script to replace the header of each file, whose filename are stored within the array $test, using the sed command within a Perl script as follows: $count = 0; while ( $count < $#test ) { `sed -e 's/BIOGRF 321/BIOGRF 332/g' ${test} > 0`; `cat 0 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Sed command to perl command

Hello, Can any perl experts help me convert my sed string to perl. I am unsuccessful with this. I have to remove this string from html files OAS_AD('Top'); I have come up with this. However the requirement is in perl. for find in $(find . -type f -name "file1.html") ; do cat $find |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abacus
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed/perl command to delete specific pattern and content above it...

Hi, Below is my input file: Data: 1 Length: 20 Got result. Data: 2 Length: 30 No result. Data: 3 Length: 20 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: edge_diners
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl & Sed command -- Out of Memory Error

Experts, We used to receive our source files with '~^' as row delimiter. This file contains 2500K records and two of the columns having value in HTML formats within the file. While running the below commands against the file, we are encountering out of memory, could you please help to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivijay81
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to remove duplicate lines with perl,sed,awk

Input: hello hello hello hello monkey donkey hello hello drink dance drink Output should be: hello hello monkey donkey drink dance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl/unix: script in command line works but not in perl

so in unix this command works works and shows me a list of directories find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt but when i try running a perl script to run this command my $query = 'find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt';... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk/perl command to replace pattern in multiple lines

Hi I know sed and awk has options to give range of line numbers, but I need to replace pattern in specific lines Something like sed -e '1s,14s,26s/pattern/new pattern/' file name Can somebody help me in this.... I am fine with see/awk/perl Thank you in advance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani777
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl or sed command ?

Hi Guys Am working on a bash script but got stuck, in this line: 32 $configValues = ''; What would be the best command to enter the password between the " Perl or sed ? Been trying with Perl using this command: perl -pi -e 's/''/Seattle#1669!/g'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tox
5 Replies
Plack::App::CGIBin(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Plack::App::CGIBin(3pm)

NAME
Plack::App::CGIBin - cgi-bin replacement for Plack servers SYNOPSIS
use Plack::App::CGIBin; use Plack::Builder; my $app = Plack::App::CGIBin->new(root => "/path/to/cgi-bin")->to_app; builder { mount "/cgi-bin" => $app; }; # Or from the command line plackup -MPlack::App::CGIBin -e 'Plack::App::CGIBin->new(root => "/path/to/cgi-bin")->to_app' DESCRIPTION
Plack::App::CGIBin allows you to load CGI scripts from a directory and convert them into a PSGI application. This would give you the extreme easiness when you have bunch of old CGI scripts that is loaded using cgi-bin of Apache web server. HOW IT WORKS
This application checks if a given file path is a perl script and if so, uses CGI::Compile to compile a CGI script into a sub (like ModPerl::Registry) and then run it as a persistent application using CGI::Emulate::PSGI. If the given file is not a perl script, it executes the script just like a normal CGI script with fork & exec. This is like a normal web server mode and no performance benefit is achieved. The default mechanism to determine if a given file is a Perl script is as follows: o Check if the filename ends with ".pl". If yes, it is a Perl script. o Open the file and see if the shebang (first line of the file) contains the word "perl" (like "#!/usr/bin/perl"). If yes, it is a Perl script. You can customize this behavior by passing "exec_cb" callback, which takes a file path to its first argument. For example, if your perl-based CGI script uses lots of global variables and such and are not ready to run on a persistent environment, you can do: my $app = Plack::App::CGIBin->new( root => "/path/to/cgi-bin", exec_cb => sub { 1 }, )->to_app; to always force the execute option for any files. AUTHOR
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa SEE ALSO
Plack::App::File CGI::Emulate::PSGI CGI::Compile Plack::App::WrapCGI See also Plack::App::WrapCGI if you compile one CGI script into a PSGI application without serving CGI scripts from a directory, to remove overhead of filesystem lookups, etc. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-02 Plack::App::CGIBin(3pm)