Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed to format mysql output Post 302395872 by drl on Wednesday 17th of February 2010 07:14:48 AM
Old 02-17-2010
Hi.

I suggest that you try this:
Code:
echo "${RESULT}"

to get the same result as mysql directly, because the newlines are suppressed when you omit the quotes ... cheers, drl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed in date format

i need to grep date in the format year-month-day,,,,,,, actually i need to grep those dates other than current date.......... can anyone help me in this...........i need a format of date which would grep previous date except current date (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ali560045
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing output from top and format output

Hi all, I'd like to capture the output from the 'top' command to monitor my CPU and Mem utilisation.Currently my command isecho date `top -b -n1 | grep -e Cpu -e Mem` I get the output in 3 separate lines.Tue Feb 24 15:00:03 Cpu(s): 3.4% us, 8.5% sy .. .. Mem: 1011480k total, 226928k used, ....... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert date format to mysql date format in log file

I have a comma delimited log file which has the date as MM/DD/YY in the 2nd column, and HH:MM:SS in the 3rd column. I need to change the date format to YYYY-MM-DD and merge it with the the time HH:MM:SS. How will I got about this? Sample input 02/27/09,23:52:31 02/27/09,23:52:52... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing from Excel date format to MySQL date format

I have a list of dates in the following format: mm/dd/yyyy and want to change these to the MySQL standard format: yyyy-mm-dd. The dates in the original file may or may not be zero padded, so April is sometimes "04" and other times simply "4". This is what I use to change the format: sed -i '' -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with extracting data to MySQL format

Hi guys, I'm doing a project now and extracting tables from a webpage to MySQL table format. I dumped the webpage with lynx and it is like this id Spec 524543 Developed especially for seniors Spec No Java Spec Yes Java MIDP Spec ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help getting my output from MYSQL query into right format

Good afternoon! I have been lurking in this forum for awhile now. I have just recently started posting. I think this is a really good site. With that being said, I don't like to just run and get an answer before I try my best first. I have poured some blood, sweat and tears into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianjb
4 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Please help: Oracle gqsql or sqlplus output format like mysql

On psql select titolo,lingua from titolo where titolo ~* 'brivid'; titolo | lingua ------- + ------ Brivido | 1 On Sqlplus/gqsql SQL> select titolo,genere,anno,lingua from titolo where titolo like '%rivid%'; TITOLO... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help! needed to displaying an output in record format

Hi Friends, Am new to Unix world and this is my first post in this forum. I was stuck in displaying the content. while displaying the content the below points to be taken care 1 ) The header format is repeating 2) To display the value in table format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocky2013
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help needed on my $format

I am stuck with values in existing program perl script... my $format ="a40a9a*"; please help me to understand what is the value of "a40a9a*". Thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijay_Data
3 Replies
MYSQL_TZINFO_TO_S(1)					       MySQL Database System					      MYSQL_TZINFO_TO_S(1)

NAME
mysql_tzinfo_to_sql - load the time zone tables SYNOPSIS
mysql_tzinfo_to_sql arguments DESCRIPTION
The mysql_tzinfo_to_sql program loads the time zone tables in the mysql database. It is used on systems that have a zoneinfo database (the set of files describing time zones). Examples of such systems are Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, and Mac OS X. One likely location for these files is the /usr/share/zoneinfo directory (/usr/share/lib/zoneinfo on Solaris). If your system does not have a zoneinfo database, you can use the downloadable package described in Section 9.6, "MySQL Server Time Zone Support". mysql_tzinfo_to_sql can be invoked several ways: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql tz_dir shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql tz_file tz_name shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql --leap tz_file For the first invocation syntax, pass the zoneinfo directory path name to mysql_tzinfo_to_sql and send the output into the mysql program. For example: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo | mysql -u root mysql mysql_tzinfo_to_sql reads your system's time zone files and generates SQL statements from them. mysql processes those statements to load the time zone tables. The second syntax causes mysql_tzinfo_to_sql to load a single time zone file tz_file that corresponds to a time zone name tz_name: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql tz_file tz_name | mysql -u root mysql If your time zone needs to account for leap seconds, invoke mysql_tzinfo_to_sql using the third syntax, which initializes the leap second information. tz_file is the name of your time zone file: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql --leap tz_file | mysql -u root mysql After running mysql_tzinfo_to_sql, it is best to restart the server so that it does not continue to use any previously cached time zone data. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 04/06/2010 MYSQL_TZINFO_TO_S(1)