Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Restricted shell
Operating Systems AIX Restricted shell Post 302395816 by zaxxon on Wednesday 17th of February 2010 04:53:02 AM
Old 02-17-2010
Did you try using a link to that file? If it doesn't work maybe a chroot environment is more suitable.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Restricted user

A few of the other employees here need to learn "vi" in order to use crontab to schedule / unschedule jobs on one of our production servers. I tried to set up a login on one of my Linux boxes for them to use "vimtutor", but scrapped it and decided to try for something more secure, since there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restricted SSH Access

OS: FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE I have ssh up and running. However, I need to restrict users to their home directory and to links withing those directories (i.e. htdocs/mysite and mysql/var). Is this possible? Any Suggestions? Thanks In advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezekiel61
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restricted Shells. . .

Hey, Could someone please help me distinguish between a captive account and a restricted shell? Many thanks, L. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crispy
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP-UX Restricted SAM

I am having trouble getting restricted SAM to work by allocating Privileges to a "group". I can make it work by allocaing to the userid's, but would preferre to use the "group" option. Running B.11.11 Tried the following.... 1) Created a user group in /etc/group first 2) Used the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Andrek
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Restricted Login ID

I have a task to create a new id that going to used by vendor. The ID profiles are: 1)The ID to be created is MUST be restricted sharing. 2)create for their own user account 3)unable to read/navigate/view other directories 4)unable to write to other directories able to create their own... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeazas
3 Replies

6. Programming

restricted pointers

Hi all. I am trying to use restricted pointers to allow the gcc compiler optimize the code, but I have not been able to make it work so far. I am testing with this code: #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <time.h> #include <sys/time.h> void vecmult(int n, int * restrict a, int... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carl.alv
0 Replies

7. Solaris

create a restricted user

I have solaris 10 os 64 bit. I need to create a restricted user which has the following command to run ls df and du list crontab of root and edit crontab of root also please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reyazan
2 Replies

8. AIX

Restricted user

Hello everyone I need to create a restricted user or a special user. Here is what I need. I have this path next to profiles I have server1, server2, server3....... The user that I have to create I need that he can move between server1. server2, server3 because in every one have logs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

9. Programming

Creating a bash based restricted shell

Hello. I need to write a command line interface that can be invoked either directly from the shell (command sub-command arguments), or as a shell that can process sub-commands. i want to use bash auto completion for both scenarios. example: lets say my CLI module is called 'mycli' and there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: noamr
5 Replies

10. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Restricted shell with execution permission on a file

Hi, I've created a user which shell is the restricted one (/usr/lib/rsh), but I've realized that the user cannot execute a script !!! The scope was to allow the ssh access to a user that could not access to any other directories but there that user should be able to run a script that retrieves ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mary0
2 Replies
PAM_CHROOT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     PAM_CHROOT(8)

NAME
pam_chroot -- Chroot PAM module SYNOPSIS
[service-name] module-type control-flag pam_chroot [arguments] DESCRIPTION
The chroot service module for PAM chroots users into either a predetermined directory or one derived from their home directory. If a user's home directory as specified in the passwd structure returned by getpwnam(3) contains the string ``/./'', the portion of the directory name to the left of that string is used as the chroot directory, and the portion to the right will be the current working directory inside the chroot tree. Otherwise, the directories specified by the dir and cwd options (see below) are used. also_root Do not hold user ID 0 exempt from the chroot requirement. always Report a failure if a chroot directory could not be derived from the user's home directory, and the dir option was not specified. cwd=directory Specify the directory to chdir(2) into after a successful chroot(2) call. dir=directory Specify the chroot directory to use if one could not be derived from the user's home directory. SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam(8) AUTHORS
The pam_chroot module and this manual page were developed for the FreeBSD Project by ThinkSec AS and NAI Labs, the Security Research Division of Network Associates, Inc. under DARPA/SPAWAR contract N66001-01-C-8035 (``CBOSS''), as part of the DARPA CHATS research program. BSD
February 10, 2003 BSD