Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers passwd command what is the meaning Post 302395674 by enkei17 on Tuesday 16th of February 2010 03:45:41 PM
Old 02-16-2010
passwd command what is the meaning

Hello to everybody i have question i do the
passwd -s -a commando and what to knos what is the meaning
of the second row.
PS
NL
LK
to the side is the date of expiraton and then a 7 a 90 what is the meaning of all that? tHANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passwd command not working

Hello All, I am working on Sco unix version 5.0.5. The passwd command has somehow got corrupted and is only displaying the contents of the /etc/passwd file instead of changing the password. I wanted to know if there is any other command through which you can change the password of a user from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command meaning.

what does it mean set linesize 200; set linesize 2000; i am spooling the data into a file .When i give 200 the size of file is 72MB. When i give 2000 its 720 MB.How do i know if i am getting all the data.......? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen.pinto
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command meaning

I know tr stands for table if i am not wrong but what does this whole command means can anyone give an idea ? | tr ' ' '\n' | sed -e "s/.*=\"\(.*\)\".*/\1/g (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris1234
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command meaning

Thanks guys for helping me out (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris1234
2 Replies

5. Linux

how to get passwd command again if it is deleted by usin rm command

hai friends i have deleted passwd command using rm command i thought it will come again at the time of rebooting but it is completely deleted how to get it worked again (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkata.ganesh
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passwd command not working

on Runnning passwd command on HPUX 11.23 I am getting pam_chauthtok: Shared object load failure. Pls help ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
1 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Passwd command problem

on Runnning passwd command on HPUX 11.23 I am getting pam_chauthtok: Shared object load failure. Pls help ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

meaning of swap -s command

Hi, Please explain about the command and its output swap -s in a very detailed manner (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajoy
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Meaning of command ls -la

Hello everyone, I just began studying solaris 10. I have tried searching for the meaning of this command (ls -la ). Can anyone please explain to me what the command ls -la does? example ls -la /etc Thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compile command meaning?

cc -Wall -c ctest1.c ctest2.c whats meaning of -(hyphen before c and wall) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahor1989
1 Replies
mkpwdict(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      mkpwdict(1M)

NAME
mkpwdict - maintain password-strength checking database SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/mkpwdict [-s dict1,... ,dictN] [-d destination-path] DESCRIPTION
The mkpwdict command adds words to the dictionary-lookup database used by pam_authtok_check(5) and passwd(1). Files containing words to be added to the database can be specified on the command-line using the -s flag. These source files should have a single word per line, much like /usr/share/lib/dict/words. If -s is omitted, mkpwdict will use the value of DICTIONLIST specified in /etc/default/passwd (see passwd(1)). The database is created in the directory specified by the -d option. If this option is omitted, mkpwdict uses the value of DICTIONDBDIR specified in /etc/default/passwd (see passwd(1)). The default location is /var/passwd. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -s Specifies a comma-separated list of files containing words to be added to the dictionary-lookup database. -d Specifies the target location of the dictionary-database. FILES
/etc/default/passwd See passwd(1). /var/passwd default destination directory ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
passwd(1), attributes(5), pam_authtok_check(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Jun 2004 mkpwdict(1M)