Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Job Status for running shell script Post 302395634 by joeyg on Tuesday 16th of February 2010 02:04:41 PM
Old 02-16-2010
Bug A strange approach...

Add a line of code to the beginning of your shell script, something like:
Code:
touch ~\my_script_is_running.txt

and at end
Code:
rm ~\my_script_is_running.txt

That way, if you see the file you will know your script is running and when it started.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hw to Know the status of running JoB

Hi all, I am running a job .. and i want to know the status tht it is runnig or not .. and how can i find the jobId of my job .. I have to get it to kill my running job Pls let me know da Unix commands to do it .. i m wrking on Hp UNIX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
1 Replies

2. Programming

exit status running java classpath in unix shell

I have a java classpath running inside of a unix shell script. During my testing it will error with lines that show an example like this below. java.io.FileNotFoundException error at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method) at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:129), ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmcds
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

status of the script running under a particular owner?

How to track the status of a shell script running under a particular owner which is running in the background? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ishmael^soyuz
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT: cron job not running the sqlplus command in shell script

cron job not running the sqlplus command in shell script but the shell script works fine from command line.. Cronjob: 5 * * * * /home/dreg/script.sh script.sh: #!/bin/ksh /oracle/u000/app/oracle/product/10204/GEN/bin/sqlplus -s <user>/<pass>@<sid/home/dreg/sqlscript.sh ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikea
18 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script - Finding Autosys job status

Hi, There are 2000 jobs in the list and i need to draw their status. I put all the jobs in the list and trying to read one by one from the list and to find out the status. Help me out in correcting the script. #!/bin/csh for a in $(cat Jobs_List.txt); do source <<path>> autorep -j $a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get status of dd running in background job

Hello everyone While working on TUI for scripts, there there came the idea to' add a command' for dd too. That was, after 'wrapping' tar and wget either, to display their growing size and return the exit code with a textual-visual-feedback to the user. Now displaying the filesize of a... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for continuously checking status of a another script running in background, and immedia

Hi, I want to write a script which continuously checking status of a script running in background by nohup command. And if same script is not running then immediately start the script...please help.. i am using below command to run script nohup system_traps.sh & but in some... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automation script for email alert when a job get complete with status successful.

Guyz, Please let me know about script which is to be sending an automatic email to particular mail id's when a monotoring job get complete with status successful. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rehan Ahmad
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check status of long running multiple curl commands in shell script

I am working on script. it reads a file which contains multiple lines Ex; curl --write-out %{http_code} --silent --output /dev/null http://hostname:port/input=1 curl --write-out %{http_code} --silent --output /dev/null http://hostname:port/input=2 curl --write-out %{http_code} --silent ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
2 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)