Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Would like to learn Veritas
Operating Systems Solaris Would like to learn Veritas Post 302395615 by dplinux on Tuesday 16th of February 2010 01:39:02 PM
Old 02-16-2010
Would like to learn Veritas

I would like to just few things about
Veritas or Sun clustering software.
Veritas netbackup
Veritas Volume manager

How do i learn these tools they are enterprise level software. They are not easily accessible

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where to Learn About HP-UX

can someone give me the link to any site that deals on HP-UX system administration?? Please do not refer me to buy or borrow any books, i just need a free site to learn some quick info from (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Want to learn Unix on PB

I've got a 15" PB running Panther and I truly want to delve into the Unix base. I want to learn what is going on under my system and I want to learn how to be able to work in the Unix environment. I've had some experience with Redhat and Mandrake Linux, so I'm not afraid of the shell prompt. I'd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MortonM33
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to learn!

Hiya, yes im new to all of this! But want to learn how to use Unix etc, iv been thinking about doin a course but desided im better off learning by my self with help from the people who really no what there doin...you guys! I can install Linux, like redhat, mandrake, susie server edition and so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: epic.admin
5 Replies

4. Programming

Learn C or C++

Hi, Apologies if this question has been asked before. I would like to know which language is better to learn in terms of programming in unix? is C dying out and being replaced by C++ or is it a combination of the 2 or just mainly C? Thanks C19 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

want to learn unix

Hey guys, I would like to learn unix but first i need to start to load unix OS into my computer but i dont know where to start or get the CD to load...help appreciated...thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxsonny
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

I want to Learn Linux ?

dear friends I am new in linux and i want to learn linux in dos-mode (note in gui mode). Plz if you have any valuable link plz send me . i will really thankful for this anticipation. irfan ahmad (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itlhr@pharmax.c
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I Want to Learn HP-UX!

What's the best free system to learn HP-UX on? The closest system, hardware requirements and installation instructions. I'm a newbie but determined. Any tips would be great. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: networkguy
6 Replies

8. Fedora

How to learn UNIX

First question is how do you learn UNIX on a home lab. I understand that HP-UX isn't free and neither is SCO Unix and they don't run on x86 based systems anyways. The choices I believe are going to be OpenSolaris and FreeBSD. My question is UNIX commands the same across the board so if I learn... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: michael78
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to learn

Hi I know only basics of UNIX and i want to know that how can i become a good troubleshooter in unix adminstartion or shell scripting.... i am just a newbie to Unix ..i do not have programming skills as well. Your suggestions are welecomed. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nattynitin
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extend a disk in veritas volume manager in veritas cluster?

Hi Experts, I wanted to extend a veritas file system which is running on veritas cluster and mounted on node2 system. #hastatus -sum -- System State Frozen A node1 running 0 A node2 running 0 -- Group State -- Group System Probed ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skmanojkum
1 Replies
vxmemstat(1M)															     vxmemstat(1M)

NAME
vxmemstat - display memory statistics for Veritas Volume Manager SYNOPSIS
vxmemstat [-e] [-i interval [-t count]] DESCRIPTION
The vxmemstat utility prints memory statistics information. This information can be system-wide, or it can be specific to a Veritas Volume Replicator object. OPTIONS
-e Prints extended memory statistics. -i interval Prints memory statistics every interval seconds. -t count Prints the local system time every count intervals. The time interval is specified using the -i interval option. OUTPUT FORMAT
The statistics are prefaced by a timestamp showing the current local time on the system. Statistics are printed as a one-line output record for each memory pool. The records are preceded by two header lines. The output line consists of blank-separated fields. All numeric fields are in units of kilobytes. The following fields are displayed on each line: Pool Name of the memory pool. Memory consumers allocate memory from different pools for different purposes. DG Name of the disk group in which the RVG is present. Min Size Minimum amount of memory always reserved for use by consumers of the pool. As consumers require more memory, additional memory is allocated to the pool for distribution to them. Max Size Maximum amount of memory that can be allocated to the pool. This is equal to the value assigned to the maximum pool size system tunable that corresponds to the pool. In Use Amount of memory (out of that allocated) currently being used by consumers of the memory pool. Allocated Amount of memory currently allocated to the memory pool. The amount of memory allocated to a pool ranges between the minimum and the maximum pool size. The amount of allocated memory increases as more memory is needed and decreases as it is relinquished. Max Used Maximum amount of memory used by consumers from this pool since system startup. This field is not shown if the -e option is specified. Max Pool Used Maximum amount of memory used by consumers from this pool at any time since the last reboot. The value shows the maximum usage even if usage by the pool has varied over this time period. This field is shown if the -e option is specified. Waiting Indicates if any I/O is waiting to allocate memory from this pool. This usually indicates that the corresponding tunable for the maximum size of this pool needs to be increased. This field is not shown if the -e option is specified. Waiters The number of requests that are waiting to allocate memory from this pool. This field is shown if the -e option is specified. EXIT CODES
The vxmemstat utility exits with a non-zero status if the attempted operation fails. A non-zero exit code is not a complete indicator of the problems encountered, but rather denotes the first condition that prevented further execution of the utility. See vxintro(1M) for a list of standard exit codes. EXAMPLES
To display statistics every 5 seconds and time stamp the output every alternate interval, use the command: vxmemstat -i 5 -t 2 SEE ALSO
vxintro(1M), vxstat(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxmemstat(1M)