Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: T5220 server
Operating Systems Solaris T5220 server Post 302395557 by rajasekg on Tuesday 16th of February 2010 11:25:05 AM
Old 02-16-2010
thanks, it is 4 core processor

rjs

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

kstat on T5220

We used kstat on netra240/440 to check if the link is full duplex. So we do something like: bash-3.00# kstat -pc net bge:1::/'link_duplex'/ | cut -f2 2 The output 2 indicates the link is full duplex. This kind of check worked all right for Netra 240/440 systems. However, the nxge... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: illcar
2 Replies

2. Solaris

ILOM and sc on T5220

I 've 2 different T5220 and both are showing different prompts when i ssh to the console. 1. Shows sc> ALOM 2. Shows -> ILOM as far as i know the T5220 comes with ILOM , so why i 'm seeing 2 different type of console for same tyep of hardware ? and i found that we... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
6 Replies

3. Solaris

SC on T5220 not responding

Hi, SC on one of my T5220 is not responding .. it does not show not let me type anything .. what could be the reason for it ? though when i powercycle the box from sc it shows me the system coming up but after that does not let me login thru sc sc> console -f Enter #. to return to ALOM. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

4. Solaris

LDOMs on T5220

We're just about to migrate a large application from an Enterprise 6900 to a pair of T5220s utilising LDOMs. Does anyone have any experience of LDOMs on this kit and can provide any recommendations or pitfalls to avoid? I've heard that use of LDOMs can have an impact on I/O speeds as it's all... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
9 Replies

5. Solaris

T5220

Hi Guys and Gals, Wondering if anyone could help me, tricky one this. Got a T5220 with a graphics card. When you power it on, it outputs its output to the screen and you can type commands with the keyboard etc. But no matter what version of Solaris 10 you use, when you do a boot cdrom... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: callmebob
1 Replies

6. Solaris

T5220

Hello guys, can anyone give me some advice on how to perform clean installation of Solaris 10 on T5220 ? I am connected with serial management port on the machine, i have the ok promt and now i should eject the dvdrom to insert Solaris dvd into and start the clean install. So how to do that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Test program running taking much more time on high end server T5440 than low end server T5220

Hi all, I have written the following program and run on both T5440 and T5220 on same OS version. I found that T5540 server takes more time than T5220. Please find below the details. test1.cpp #include <iostream> #include <pthread.h> using namespace std; #define NUM_OF_THREADS 20... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay_singh85
17 Replies

8. Solaris

Where are my other disks on T5220 ?

Hi, I got a (used) server to install Solaris 11 and wipe out every information on existing disks. There are 6 disks of 300GB and two disks of 146GB. I am not able to figure out, how to find out RAID (if there is any) and break it. Can anybody help me with that ? Below is configuration. I have... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
18 Replies

9. Solaris

I can't boot my Sun T5220 server from cdrom.

hi:) i can't boot my sun server by iso solaris 10 sparc dvd that i did download from oracle site. my hardware is sun T5220. i receive these after running boot cdrom -s : can't read disk lable can't open disk lable package ERROR: boot-read fail whould u help me? Please use CODE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arefdel
1 Replies
pset_assign(2)							System Calls Manual						    pset_assign(2)

NAME
pset_assign() - change processor set assignment SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The function assigns the processor spu to the processor set pset, removing the processor spu from its current processor set. A processor may not belong to more than one processor set at any given time. If opset is not it contains the processor set ID of the previously assigned processor set upon successful operation. A user with the privilege or a user with WRITE permissions on the processor sets may change the processor set assignment for a processor using the function. A user without the privilege must have WRITE permissions in both processor sets to make the processor reassignment, unless the target processor set is the system default processor set. That is, only a user with the privilege may move a processor out of the system default processor set. Currently, processor 0 cannot be reassigned to another processor set from the system default processor set. The system default processor set is never empty. If pset is or the processor spu is assigned to the system default processor set. If pset is the processor's assignment is not changed, but the current processor set ID of processor spu is returned in opset. Neither WRITE permission nor the privilege is needed for operation. If there are threads or processes with binding to the processor spu (in its old processor set), the binding of affected threads and pro- cesses is changed to another processor in that processor set. If spu is the last processor in the locality domain that contributes to its current processor set and there are threads or processes with binding to the locality domain, their binding is changed to another locality domain in the processor set. See mpctl(2) for binding to processors and locality domains. If spu is the last processor in its current processor set, the behavior of is dependent on the value of the attribute. The following attribute values are defined for this attribute: Assign the processor to the specified processor set, and migrate all threads and processes to the system default processor set, This is the default behavior. If the threads and processes being migrated to the system default processor set (pset) have binding to processor or locality domain, their binding is reassigned to another processor or locality domain in the system default processor set. Make the request fail if there are active threads and processes assigned to the processor set. Security Restrictions Some or all of the actions associated with this system call require the privilege. Processes owned by the superuser have this privilege. Processes owned by other users may have this privilege, depending on system configuration. See privileges(5) for more information about privileged access on systems that support fine-grained privileges. Note on Logical Processor and Hyper-Threading Feature On systems with the Hyper-Threading (HT) feature enabled at the firmware, each hyper-thread is represented as a logical processor (LCPU). For migration of a logical processor in a processor core may also migrate that logical processor's sibling logical processor, which belongs to the same physical processor core. Otherwise the resulting configuration would violate the processor set contract, which specifies that applications bound to a processor set have complete and exclusive control of all processor cores within that processor set. When a processor core is assigned to another pset, depending on the source and target processor sets' (see pset_setattr(2)) value, the num- ber of logical processors from that processor core may change. EXAMPLES
Reassign spu from its current processor set to new_pset, and retrieve the current processor set in old_pset. RETURN VALUE
returns zero on successful completion. Otherwise, -1 is returned and is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
fails if one or more of the following is true: The processor set currently assigned to the processor spu has active threads and processes, and the processor set attributes do not allow this operation. The memory location pointed to by opset is not writable by the user. The operation was interrupted. The processor spu or processor set pset is not valid. The spu is not enabled. The memory location pointed to by opset is and the operation is requested. The processor set functionality is not supported by the underlying HP-UX version. The user does not have necessary permissions to assign spu to pset. SEE ALSO
mpctl(2), pset_bind(2), pset_create(2), pset_ctl(2), pset_destroy(2), pset_getattr(2), pset_setattr(2), privgrp(4), privileges(5). pset_assign(2)