Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to update Property Entry Values Post 302395525 by raghavstunner on Tuesday 16th of February 2010 10:11:51 AM
Old 02-16-2010
Script to update Property Entry Values

Hi All,

I'm Raghavendra. I have a very urgent requirement to develop a Shell Script which will allow to use variables in a property file as demonstarted below

var1=UNIX
var2=LINUX
var3=WINDOWS
var4=$var1,$var2
var5=$var3

Could you please help me to develop a shell script which can take the property file as shown above as the input and creates a new file by replacing the variables with actual values as shown below.

var1=UNIX
var2=LINUX
var3=WINDOWS
var4=UNIX,LINUX
var5=WINDOWS

Thanks & Regards,
Raghavendra

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script: want to insert values in database when update script runs

Hi , I am new to linux and also also to shell scripting. I have one shell script which unpacks .tgz file and install software on machine. When this script runs I want to insert id,filename,description(which will be in readme file),log(which will be in log file) and name of unpacked folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ring
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Edit/update an /etc/group database entry (c/c++)

Hello I'm writing a program for managing accounts and groups in a linux system. My problem is how to update the members of a group in the /etc/group file,if i have to add/remove those members. total 3 variables for adding some new members to the group : char **oldmembers=grp->gr_mem; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mekos
1 Replies

3. Programming

/etc/shadow update password entry! ( getspent? )

Hi i just whant to update an password entry in /etc/shadow. But dosen't get it to work. Something is wrong! in this code. What i try do do is if user kalle exist in shadow. I whant it to update it's password for just that entry. #include <stdio.h> #include <errno.h> #include <stdlib.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nighter
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to update values for the parameters

Hello, I am writing script to substitute values for a parameter in the file but I am getting error. for v1 in grep "pProjectName=" global.cfg do sed -e "/s/$v1/pProjectName=Test/ global.cfg done Please correct me if I am wrong, thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gmahesh2k
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report a missing property and property value mis match script.

Hi All, I have 2 properties files - one is a master templete and other one is a node specific properties file, I need to comapre these 2 properties files and make sure the node Specific properties file contains all the properties in the master temple properties file else report the missing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayka
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a property file through shell script???

Hi! i need a script that can read a property file. i.e., A script to read a "property" from property file. Read the property value and based on value of property, decide whether to start the some dataload activity or not. Its urngent. Can anyone help me out???:( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

unique entry add values

Hi, I have a file with 3 columns ABC 3 1 ABC 5 1 XYZ 4 2 DEF 3 2 DEF 4 1 DEF 6 1 MNO 5 5 JKL 3 2 JKL 4 2 PQR 12 1 For each unique entry in column 1 I want to add values in column 2 and column3 o/p ABC 8 2 XYZ 4 2 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diya123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to update an entry of another file in a Shell script?

Hi all, Say I have a shell script called update_password.sh - in this script I want to perform a task to update a specified entry of another file (e.g. users.passpords) update_password.sh #!/bin/bash -e PW_FILE_DIR="${A_DIR}/.../..." PW_FILE="users.passwords" I want to update the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
2 Replies

9. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Help me, write a bash script to delete parent entry with all their child entry in LDAP UNIX server

Hi All, Please help me and guide me to write a bash/shell script on Linux box to delete parent entry with all their child entries. example: Parent is : ---------- dn: email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com, o=wipro, o=in child is: ---------- dn: cn: yogesh kumar, email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chand
1 Replies
GET_CLASS_VARS(3)							 1							 GET_CLASS_VARS(3)

get_class_vars - Get the default properties of the class

SYNOPSIS
array get_class_vars (string $class_name) DESCRIPTION
Get the default properties of the given class. PARAMETERS
o $class_name - The class name RETURN VALUES
Returns an associative array of declared properties visible from the current scope, with their default value. The resulting array elements are in the form of varname => value. In case of an error, it returns FALSE. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.0.3 | | | | | | | get_class_vars(3) will only return the properties | | | that can be accessed from the current scope. | | | | | 5.0.2 | | | | | | | Calling get_class_vars(3) will now expose all | | | the properties as an array, unlike previous be- | | | haviour where protected and private properties | | | were prefixed with nul bytes. | | | | | 5.0.1 | | | | | | | Calling get_class_vars(3) will expose all prop- | | | erties, as when converting an object to a class. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 get_class_vars(3) example <?php class myclass { var $var1; // this has no default value... var $var2 = "xyz"; var $var3 = 100; private $var4; // constructor function myclass() { // change some properties $this->var1 = "foo"; $this->var2 = "bar"; return true; } } $my_class = new myclass(); $class_vars = get_class_vars(get_class($my_class)); foreach ($class_vars as $name => $value) { echo "$name : $value "; } ?> The above example will output: var1 : var2 : xyz var3 : 100 Example #2 get_class_vars(3) and scoping behaviour <?php function format($array) { return implode('|', array_keys($array)) . " "; } class TestCase { public $a = 1; protected $b = 2; private $c = 3; public static function expose() { echo format(get_class_vars(__CLASS__)); } } TestCase::expose(); echo format(get_class_vars('TestCase')); ?> The above example will output: // 5.0.0 a| * b| TestCase c a| * b| TestCase c // 5.0.1 - 5.0.2 a|b|c a|b|c // 5.0.3 + a|b|c a SEE ALSO
get_class_methods(3), get_object_vars(3). PHP Documentation Group GET_CLASS_VARS(3)