Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Search between 2 strings
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search between 2 strings Post 302395497 by malcomex999 on Tuesday 16th of February 2010 09:02:57 AM
Old 02-16-2010
In that case, you might need to use ":" as field separator which will make the date and the hour as $1 then you can compare it. But you need to change the Month to number.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for strings

I am trying to replace the word ACTIVE with 2002 in a file and I am getting the following error. Does anyone know what this means? $ sed "s/ACTIVE/2002" mydata.txt > yourdata.txt sed: 0602-404 Function s/ACTIVE/2002 cannot be parsed. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can and How to mark search strings within VI?

Hi all, When in 'less' or '-' or whatever your alias is, if you search for a string, you get all of it's occurences highlighted. Is there any option I can set in VI, .exrc or whtever, to have the same behaviour in VI? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sierra_aar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search between strings with an OR

Hi have Input in this way KEY AAAA BBBB END1 KEY AAAA BBBB END2 KEY AAAA BBBB END3 I need to find any thing matching in between KEY And ending with "END1|END2|END3" This didnot work awk '/KEY/,/END1|END2|END3/' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search a logfile for strings

Hi experts.. I am trying to write a shell script which will scan a log file for three strings ie success image1, success image2, success image3. My shell is tcsh If all the 3 strings are found then insert the 3 strings to a file1 and send mail to developers with file1 If all 3 are note... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to search with 2 strings.

Hi, i have a file a.txt like -------------------------------- col1|col2|col3 data1|data2|data3 other1|other2|other3 -------------------------------- i need to search 2 strings(data in a.txt file is case sesnsitive), suppose data1 and data2. If these 2 strings found then only i need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syamkp
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I search for 2 strings (AND operator) ?

I have a need to search for files containing 2 strings as in (AND operator). No one at my site seems to know if it is possible. There is only documentation for the "or' operator. I know I can do a search, copy all the matched files into a temp directory & do the second search in the temp... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kartheg
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commang to search two strings in vi

Hi All, Could you help me to get the command to search two different strings in a file using vi as editor. I know that we use /StringToSearch for searching a string, but i want a command to search two strings. Eg. In FileOne i want to search the occurence of StringOne or StringTwo at a time.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search between two search strings and print the value

Based on the forums i have tried with grep command but i am unable to get the required output. search this value /*------ If that is found then search for temp_vul and print and also search until /*------- and print new_vul Input file contains: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to search and count strings?

Hi, Is there a command to do a sensitive/in-sensitive search for a string on a line and print how many times that string appears? For example, if I have a line of text below: dog cat rat apple banana dog lion tiger dog Is there a command to search for dog that will print out 3 as a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to search strings every 15 minutes

I have written a script which will search logfiles directory particular two strings and send a message to user to kill the process id if string found every 15 minutes Note::dont have cron tab access(Auto run every 15 minute) oS--AIX Please add script search the PID into logfile "My PID is:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri1999
5 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)