Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error while trying to install from CPAN Post 302395102 by VGR on Monday 15th of February 2010 02:35:14 AM
Old 02-15-2010
hey it still doesn't seem to be working.. isn't there a way it'll pick this up automatically?
In the installation folder i see around 4 different folders as in 1 for every mirror i downloaded anything from

that apart what urls do u add as mirrors to you're urllist??

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CYGWIN/CPAN install of Expect.pm

I am attempting to install a Perl Expect module via the CPAN . CPAN goes through the process but nothing happens, sample perl scripts can not find the Expect Module. CPAN was configured via the Default process " Are you ready for manual configuration? " answered "no". CPAN install seemed to find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: white222
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Oracle 9i install: Error in invoking target install of makefile

I receive an error while installing Oracle 9i: Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib/ins_sqlplus.mk Furthermore: $ whoami oracle $ echo $ORACLE_HOME /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0 $ pwd /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/sqlplus/lib $ ll total... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris2005
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compile error when running Perl cpan

Hello all! I'm trying to compile the GD module for Perl on Redhat AS 4. It fails when trying to link to libjpeg. The machine is a AMD Opteron 64 machine so I figure it's some kind of 32 vs 64bit interference in the lib dir? Any idéas? CPAN.pm: Going to build L/LD/LDS/GD-2.41.tar.gz ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] How to install with CPAN specified version of module

Hello all, i am searching how to install a module but the question is : howto specify CPAN to install a determined version of the module ? In my case i want to install DBD:Oracle1.14 and not version 1.23 proposed ! Any idea welcome ! :rolleyes: Thanks ! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sun_cracker
1 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Unable to install Perl module via CPAN

Hi, I am trying to install Unicode::String from the cpan shell, and here is what I get: Checking if your kit is complete... Looks good Writing Makefile for Unicode::String cp String.pm blib/lib/Unicode/String.pm cp lib/Unicode/CharName.pm blib/lib/Unicode/CharName.pm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychomachine
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cpan installation

Hi All, I need to install perl module using cpan, so befor that i checked cpan is installed or not . i tried , and got below output.but it is not clear to me. can u plz explain me. I dont know what the exactly cpan is useful. and in below why it is trying to create directory. $ cpan... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to install module using cpan

Hi, I am unable to install module using cpan. It says 407 Proxy Authentication Required I did setup proxy server and given username and password in .bashrc file and apt.conf file. export http_proxy=http://username:password@proxyserver:portno/ However, still unable to install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
1 Replies

8. Programming

How to automatically install all modules required by a script from CPAN?

Having a script.pl how can I automatically download from CPAN all required modules and install and update as required? Something like "emerge -uDNav world" for the perl? ---------- Post updated at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:28 PM ---------- Doesn't matter I've found it ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tribe
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install CPAN without using yum on Linux?

Hi all, I am on Linux box where CPAN is not working for downloading any perl modules. When I try "perl -MCPAN -e shell" as root as well as a user, I get following error: Can't locate CPAN.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
2 Replies
rmf(1mh)																  rmf(1mh)

Name
       rmf - remove folder

Syntax
       rmf [ +folder ] [ -help ] [ -[no]interactive ]

Description
       The  command  removes all of the messages within the current folder, and then removes the folder itself.  If there are any files within the
       folder which are not part of MH, they are not removed, and an error message is displayed.

You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument.  If you do not specify a folder, and cannot find  the
       current folder, asks you whether you want to delete instead.

If the current folder is removed, it makes current.

Note that the command irreversibly deletes messages that do not have other links, so use it with caution.

If  the folder being removed is a sub-folder, the parent folder becomes the new current folder, and tells you that this has happened.  This
       provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list  and  returning  to  the  current
       folder from which the list was extracted.

Using to delete a read-only folder deletes the private sequence and current message information from the file, without affecting the folder
       itself.	If you have sub-folders within a folder, you must delete all the sub-folders before you can delete the folder itself.

Options
       -help	 Prints a list of the valid options to this command.

-interactive
       -nointeractive
		 Asks for confirmation before deleting a folder.  By default, deletes a folder and its messages without asking	for  confirmation.
		 If  you  specify  the	-interactive option, asks if you are sure before deleting the folder.  You are advised to use this option,
		 since when deletes a folder its contents are lost irretrievably.

Examples
       This example shows how asks for confirmation when the -interactive option is used:
       % rmf -interactive +test
       Remove folder "test"? y

Profile Components
       Path:   To determine the user's Mail directory

Files
       The user profile.

See Also
       rmm(1mh)

rmf(1mh)