Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Installing a new text editor program on Solaris Post 302395097 by jlliagre on Monday 15th of February 2010 02:04:43 AM
Old 02-15-2010
Here is something looking like what you want:
Create CDE Icons

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VI or text editor

Before I learned how wonderfull VI and Unix was. I used a little crappy DOS editor. I wouldn't go back to it for anything. However I work with a lot of formatted files that use the column position. I wonder if any here knows of a way to make VI display the cursors coulmn position or if there is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisg411
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing a program!

Hello, I have downloaded the GCC program version 2.95 and I don't know how to install it! Of course it has a folder called install and there are some files. So please help me to install this program. :) I use Red hat Linux version 8.0 Thank you Creative ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: creative
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing a program

Finished installing freebsd and just installed firefox from the ports collection. Which file do I have to edit (and how) so a "firefox" command would launch it without having to type in the entire directory? =/ Also, I would appreciate it if you could point me towards any documentation about... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ImperialPanda
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help on installing an EASY to use and easy to install command line text editor

Hi again. Sorry if it seems like I'm spamming the boards a bit, but I figured I might as well ask all the questions I need answers to at once, and hopefully at least get some. I have installed Solaris 10 on a server. The default text editors are there (vi, ex, ed, maybe others, I know emacs is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EugeneG
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems installing a program in Terminal

Hey First of all: I'm on a Mac. I'm quite new to this, so forgive me if i sound like a newb :-) I wish to install the Deluge BitTorrent client. First of all I installed Macports and made it run smooth. But then I ran into a problem when I should install Deluge. I can post the log, and maybe... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sixmax
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems installing a program through Terminal in Mac OS X

Hey all.. I have a problem with the BitTorrent client called Deluge. (Deluge BitTorrent Client). Followed the guide on their homepage, but can't get it to work. First of all I have installed Xcode Tools 3.0 and MacPorts. I did the "sudo port install deluge" command, and all packages seemed to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sixmax
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pasting text in VI editor from a different editor

Hi, I knw its a silly question, but am a newbie to 'vi' editor. I'm forced to use this, hence kindly help me with this question. How can i paste a chunk 'copied from' a different editor(gedit) in 'vi editor'? As i see, p & P options does work only within 'vi'. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishmitty
10 Replies

8. Programming

Text editor in C

Hi, I want to create a text editor in C on Unix. Can any1 jus tell me how to start with n wat all I have to look into if I have to write an editor.. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: julie_s
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing a Program called MAQ (Beginner Here)

Basically, I'm trying to install this program called MAQ. Maq User's Manual I've downloaded it and I tried to type in $ ./configure; make; make install but the ouput I got was this: bash: ./configure: No such file or directory make: Entering directory `/home/vlay/bwa-0.5.0' make:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vlay2
8 Replies

10. Ubuntu

erro while installing new program

Hi, I am using ubuntu 12.04 and everytime I installed a new program I get except from the error message I have no problem. I mean it does install the progrm, and I can use it. but still everytime I installed a program I get that error message, what is the reason for this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)