Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Regaring File Table entry
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Regaring File Table entry Post 302395086 by darshan.ghumare on Monday 15th of February 2010 12:56:02 AM
Old 02-15-2010
Thank you very much.
If it is shared between parent & child then I think there could be a race condition when both parent & child will try to write/read on it (Am I right?).
If there is then how this has been prevented?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep table entry problem

Hi, I have a table which looks like this Line a b c 0 10 0 0 1 0 0 2 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete entry from /etc/hosts file ?

Hi there I have a requirement where i have to globally remove a hosts file entry from all boxes e.g. 10.01.10.1 my_server1 normally for 'in-line' editing of files without passing it out to another fle and copying it back etc which is messy, Ive been using the fantastic "perl -pi... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting file entry

Hello everyone, I want to compare the first line of a file(ABC) with that of a folder,XYZ(folder contents) and want that line to be deleted from the file(ABC) if that entry doesn't exist in the folder(XYZ) I want to put this in a loop. please can anyone help thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
6 Replies

4. Solaris

how do i make a route entry permanent in the routing table on solaris 8?

how do I make sure that the entry in the routing table on Solaris 8 stay permanent after rebooting the server. For example route add 172.20.1.60 -netmask 255.255.255.0 172.20.255.253 Each time the server reboots the entry disappears when using the command netstat -nr (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to check for entry within file

Hi I am basically checking if a required entry exists within a file. In the code below I am fetching all directories of the format rel1, rela, rel3..etc..The same entries also exist in the sample log file. I want to check if entry in file1 exists within file2 but it is failing. Can you please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conf file entry.

Hi, Lets say I have a script which reads a conf file (say MASTERFILE) line by line to fetch file_name, source_path, dest_path. But currently, here the file name are static for eg: ABC.txt or XYZ.txt. So i have hard-coded in the conf file. So what happens that the script picks up the file_name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit.mathur08
1 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to grep for password file entry

How would I grep for password file entry without using grep 'username' /etc/passwd? perhaps with who? I want to create alias that will find the password file entry regardless of the user who is using it. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alis
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep for first entry in a file?

Hello friends, I have a question. Sometimes I have to search for an entry in a file that is repeated thousands of times. Can you tell me how to search so that i get limited results? For example: file: myfile.txt grep "hello world" myfile.txt this above grep will generate 5000... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
4 Replies

9. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Help me, write a bash script to delete parent entry with all their child entry in LDAP UNIX server

Hi All, Please help me and guide me to write a bash/shell script on Linux box to delete parent entry with all their child entries. example: Parent is : ---------- dn: email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com, o=wipro, o=in child is: ---------- dn: cn: yogesh kumar, email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chand
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace multiple "&nbsp;" entry with in <td> tag into single entry using sed?

I have the input file like this. Input file: 12.txt 1) There are one or more than one <tr> tags in same line. 2) Some tr tags may have one <td> or more tna one <td> tags within it. 3) Few <td> tags having "<td> &nbsp; </td>". Few having more than one "&nbsp;" entry in it. <tr> some td... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
4 Replies
ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-file-move - Move or Rename ECaccess Files SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-file-move -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-file-move [-debug] source-ecaccess-file target-ecaccess-file DESCRIPTION
Allow moving an ECaccess File. When the move occurs within the same ECaccess File System then it is a rename. When the move occurs across two different ECaccess File Systems then first a copy is done and then a delete of the original file is done (e.g. similar to ecaccess- file-copy ... -erase). The source-ecaccess-file and target-ecaccess-file are in the form [domain:][/user-id/]path. Please read the "Shell commands -> File Management" section of the "ecaccess" guide for more information on the ECaccess File System. ARGUMENTS
source-ecaccess-file The source ECaccess File name. target-ecaccess-file The target ECaccess File name. OPTIONS
-version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-file-move ec:test1.txt ec:test2.txt Rename the test1.txt file in the ECFS directory of the authenticated user in test2.txt. ecaccess-file-move ec:test1.txt home:test2.txt Copy the test1.txt file from the ECFS directory of the authenticated user to the test2.txt file in the $HOME directory of the authenticated user, then delete the test1.txt file from ECFS. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-file-delete, ecaccess-file-get, ecaccess-file-mget, ecaccess-file-modtime, ecaccess-file-mput, ecaccess-file-rmdir, ecaccess-file- copy, ecaccess-file-dir, ecaccess-file-mdelete, ecaccess-file-mkdir, ecaccess-file-chmod, ecaccess-file-put, ecaccess-file-size and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)